USMB Coffee Shop IV

Oh...and I heard there was an Air Force in college football too.

Yes, in the Mountain West conference that our New Mexico Lobos are in. They are pretty tough at times too though I don't think they ever won the conference. Seems like the Air Force is a whole different military than Army and Navy though.

74 is way too warm for me in the winter - 62 or 63 at night when we're sleeping. Summertime though, for the A/C 75 is about right. A lot of it is psychological. When I was running a large agency in Kansas, we had an olympic size indoor pool. We kept the water temp 5 or 6 degrees warmer in the summer than we did in the winter. When its in the 20s outside the water feels warmer to them at a lower temp than it does when it is in the 90s outside.
We push the thermostats all the way down when we go to bed, for the last week I've been waking up with temps in the upper 30s, low 40s. Toss on my sweats, terry bathrobe and kick the front side of the house up to 68 and I'm perfectly fine with that. The funny part is in the evening both the wife and I start getting cold when the house temp drops below 72....... :dunno:

Lil and I both got cattle prods from our rancher friends.
This will work.
Better than luring him over with food and grabbing his horns with my fingers, then using my arms and hands to lock him in a headlock raming his head up against the fence.
He sounds like I'm trying to skin him alive or something.
It scared me the way he thrashed ,I thought he was gonna break his neck.
Either that or my fingers and or hands.

Thank you for the info on cattle prods and stun guns.
I didnt know whether the voltage would harm a smaller animal.
Definitely not a buck goat! Those buggers are tough as nails. Let me know how that works for you, though.

What do you mean definitely not a buck goat?
He butts everyone who gets to near. He knocked down Lil and hubby.
Yes he is tough as nails, mean and nasty.
No, that was poorly expressed. I meant that a cattle prod would certainlynot harm a buck goat. Let me know how that works.

OK... Lori got in touch. It seems that the band came highly recommended by a band (John and Jacob) we had a while back. They are based in Birmingham and had set up a tentative date to play at Doc's on a Friday (6 months ago) and a bigger venue on the next night. The gig at the large venue fell through and we left it at, "Next time you're in town" Well, they will be in town next Friday and we will have another big deal band in the house for about 1/5 of what they will earn the next night. We will have to boost the hell out of this, but we should have quite a party.
OOps I got their home town wrong. Titanium Blue is out of St Louis,

OK... Lori got in touch. It seems that the band came highly recommended by a band (John and Jacob) we had a while back. They are based in Birmingham and had set up a tentative date to play at Doc's on a Friday (6 months ago) and a bigger venue on the next night. The gig at the large venue fell through and we left it at, "Next time you're in town" Well, they will be in town next Friday and we will have another big deal band in the house for about 1/5 of what they will earn the next night. We will have to boost the hell out of this, but we should have quite a party.

This site has them out of Kansas City. But playing the sound track now and they are a pretty good blues band.

Music

Welp, it's almost 80 degrees out, the cats are on the patio soaking up the sun an I don't have to run the furnaces. :thup:
That'll change come next weekend........

Been snowing here since about 1030 this morning. Redskins aren't playing good football today. Hope the Packers play better. Another bit of news... I just ordered myself a new 27 inch 5K iMac on-line. Santa won't disappoint me this year!

Aqualung, right?

Dang Ernie they're really good. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Aqualung, right?

Correct.

Hoping to continue our list of collective good news with this post. The pneumonia seems to be giving up all be it a slow process. My two broken ribs feel great. There was a set back yesterday, last night I was in the kitchen and had a coughing spell. Pretty sure I broke a rib on the bottom right side, maybe just a really bad muscle pull.

We have snow here, so I have to figure out how to shovel snow without lifting the shovel too much. :)
Have you considered a snow blower? They make clearing snow much nicer than using "Manuel labor".
Even better when they're mounted on the front of a large John Deere lawn tractor.
Wayulll...my Deere isn't quite a lawn tractor, but I gar-run-tee, she'll gitrdun when it comes to clearing snow.
My JD X720 Ultimate is the biggest lawn tractor JD makes up to the compact tractors. Still it has quad hydraulics, active PTO, locking differential, power steering, tilt wheel, full gauges, full lights, and what not. It's a beast. No snow it won't move that falls around here. Put a dent in the finances but, I've always believed that you get what you pay for...

20161211_142624_zpst8roumec.jpg

Hello everybody:), almost finish with christmas shopping i prefer to do it at soon as i can stores are full of peoples.
Here in france there is no snow :( Montrovant i realy like your avatar white polaire bear they look good for christmas décoration :)

I need a good project to get me through the winter. I'm giving making a model of Buckingham Palace out of toothpicks strong consideration. When it's finished I could ship it to the Queen for her enjoyment. Good idea?
I just bought a big new 65" LG 4K TV, my Christmas present to myself. Sitting on my can watching super ultra high definition TV is going to be my winter project.

Wow, that's a biggie. All you have to do now is hope there is something worth watching on TV. There are no new films on over Christmas on British TV free channels. Nothing, Zilch! I will have to watch some of my DVD collection for entertainment.
There's a few channels that have excellent shows on them like Discovery, Smithsonian, Travel and the Science channel. I'm addicted to GOLD RUSH on the Discovery channel... :lol:

Ghost Adventures on the Travel is good too. Been watching that since the very beginning.

Naaaah... I doubt that will ever be in the cards. We've both been married and divorced more than once so I don't think we'll be visiting that topic any time soon... :lol:

Well, never say never. And 3rd time could be the charm...but I getcha. :lol:
I swear! If I ever consider getting married again, I'll just find a woman I hate and buy her a house. That should save me 5 years of heartache.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Just go ahead and buy me one. You know I am looking. :lol:
Don't hate you.... yet. LOL

You know you could never hate me. Just wait! ;)
Is it just me... or do I sense a possible hook up between Kat and Ernie... ;)

I guess you could say the Army got my goat! Packers play today and so do my beloved Redskins. Life is good. Very good!

One of our nieces is from Wisconsin and is an all time passionate Packer fan so I have to pull for them. Washington not so much as we are Dallas fans, but I have Washington picked over Philadelphia today in pickems so will be rooting for Washington.
Living in WI, I've been a died hard Packer fan since I can remember, but, I've quit watching football, for reasons I will forego divulging here in the CS.

Just extra time to putz around out in the man cave in the shop.

74 is way too warm for me in the winter - 62 or 63 at night when we're sleeping. Summertime though, for the A/C 75 is about right. A lot of it is psychological. When I was running a large agency in Kansas, we had an olympic size indoor pool. We kept the water temp 5 or 6 degrees warmer in the summer than we did in the winter. When its in the 20s outside the water feels warmer to them at a lower temp than it does when it is in the 90s outside.
Yup, me too, gotta turn the ole thermostat down at night. I can NOT sleep if it's too warm. I do turn it up when I get up though to 70.

Forum List

Back