USMB Coffee Shop IV

OK... Lori got in touch. It seems that the band came highly recommended by a band (John and Jacob) we had a while back. They are based in Birmingham and had set up a tentative date to play at Doc's on a Friday (6 months ago) and a bigger venue on the next night. The gig at the large venue fell through and we left it at, "Next time you're in town" Well, they will be in town next Friday and we will have another big deal band in the house for about 1/5 of what they will earn the next night. We will have to boost the hell out of this, but we should have quite a party.
OOps I got their home town wrong. Titanium Blue is out of St Louis,

Aqualung, right?

From that album but it's "Locomotive Breath"

Saturday and Sun. afternoon went much better thanks to the cattle prod.

I fell asleep on the couch Sat. night.
Got into the deep nrem state and Hubby couldn't wake me up to take my pill at 10:00 p.m.
He grabbed my big toe and twisted and I was startled awake.
I hit the back of the couch with my left elbow and did an uppercut with my right fist. Good Lord! what a rude awakeing. :biggrin:
So, I wasn't able to get back to sleep for a few hours. :)
I will hear from my friend today as to when her son inlaw gets back.
If any are interested I let you know what he does with them.

You are ready to fight when woken up! :lol:

Yeah, sometimes ,especially when woken during deep delta sleep and under alot of stress . :)
That's why hubby was way down at my feet and had them wrapped up in my blanket. :lmao:

Last edited:
OK... Lori got in touch. It seems that the band came highly recommended by a band (John and Jacob) we had a while back. They are based in Birmingham and had set up a tentative date to play at Doc's on a Friday (6 months ago) and a bigger venue on the next night. The gig at the large venue fell through and we left it at, "Next time you're in town" Well, they will be in town next Friday and we will have another big deal band in the house for about 1/5 of what they will earn the next night. We will have to boost the hell out of this, but we should have quite a party.

Aqualung, right?

Yep!
As soon as they did the intro I knew it was Locomotive Breath.
Dang they are good!
Almost if not better in some parts than Jethro Tull. :)
He's just as good on the flute.

Last edited:
I spent the weekend dog sitting for my brother and sister-in-law's dog Teddy. Teddy is a typical dog, fun loving, loyal, affectionate and playful. But he was teaching Daisy the Mutt bad habits. Teddy cannot abide the moving image of another animal. Dogs on TV, on my iPad, anywhere elicits barking, stomping of paws and general mayhem. Daisy and I could settle into a big armchair and watch a movie or television without disturbance. But Teddy watches TV, especially for the commercials.

A dog on a commercial drives Teddy nuts! I have a video on the iPad of Daisy scurrying around the house. That drove Teddy nuts in spite of the fact there was the actual living Daisy right there beside him.

We barely made it out of the parking lot at Thompson Park. Daisy was on her leash, Teddy on his. They promptly tangled each other up while the brake on Teddy's leash locked shut. The two of them had turned their leashes into macramé project and we were just locking the car! After untangling the Gordion knot these mutts had tied, I made it about 75 feet before they had done it again.

But Sunday dawned cold and snowy and my brother and sister-in-law showed up to gather Teddy by 11:00. All is back to normal at the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate.

Aqualung, right?

Yep!
Dang they are good!

Didn't stand on one foot though, OR toss the flute in the air.

Aqualung, right?

Yep!
Dang they are good!

Yeah, I always thought that was a rip off from the Hopi God kokopelli. :biggrin:

Aqualung, right?

Yep!
Dang they are good!

Locomotive Breath didn't really showcase Ian Anderson's flute. Yes, this guy is good, but give a listen to this: (Thick As a Brick)

Aqualung, right?

Yep!
Dang they are good!

Yeah, I always thought that was a rip off from the Hopi God kokopelli. :biggrin:

I know, right? I have Kokopelli tattooed on my left arm.
Here's a number that should remove any doubt as to Ian Anderson's skill with a flute. Bouree by J. S. Bach

Aqualung, right?

Yep!
Dang they are good!

Locomotive Breath didn't really showcase Ian Anderson's flute. Yes, this guy is good, but give a listen to this: (Thick As a Brick)

Yes he is excellent on the flute.
You think I haven't seen Tull live from several concerts I went to?
Common Ernie, were a couple of orginal wookstockers here. :)

I still think he ripped off Kokopelli in his showmanship, its the same stance. :biggrin:

Aqualung, right?

Yep!
Dang they are good!

Here's a number that should remove any doubt as to Ian Anderson's skill with a flute. Bouree by J. S. Bach

Sorry, I was posting as you put this up. :)

Aqualung, right?

Yep!
Dang they are good!

I can't think of Jethro Tull's band as a blues band though they are included in the blues rock genre. I can't think of Jethro Tull without thinking of Oscar in "Armageddon". He's going through some sort of physical/mental evaluation at NASA before they are launched to destroy the oncoming asteroid, and he says something like, "What I can't stand is somebody who thinks Jethro Tull is just another guy in the band." And the NASA guy says, "Who is Jethro Tull?" Oscar is incredulous of course.

Good morning everybody. Woke up temps above freezing again, unusual for mid December, and we'll have a pleasant day again today. Temps return to normal for us in a few days though.

Our Cowboys lost last night. Sigh. But they had a heck of a run with the second string quarterback who is probably now the first string quarterback.

Noted that we're due for the year's best meteor display on Tuesday night, but much of the country will have cloud cover and it will be diminished by another super moon for the rest of us. But oh well. As the world turns and all that.

Gotta go fix Hombre and me some breakfast. He is much better but still has some weakness so I'm not letting him do much. This was the most sick he has ever been in his entire life and he is taking orders (from me) surprisingly well. I'm enjoying that part while it lasts. :)

Thats great news Foxfyre!

By the way Peach, how long should the weakness and slight vertigo/dizziness last?

Aqualung, right?

Yep!
Dang they are good!

I had 2 older Hopi Indian women friends in the 1970's in Tucson.
They taught me alot about the hopi gods and basket weaving, clay pots and original art decorations for it. How to bake breads with the different types of corns they have. The blue corn makes excellent tortillas.
They taught me about the plants of the desert and how to survive in it. Also how to track.
They told me all of their stories handed down from their elders. :)

And you have a kokopelli tattoo.
Priceless!!

Aqualung, right?

Yep!
Dang they are good!

I can't think of Jethro Tull's band as a blues band though they are included in the blues rock genre. I can't think of Jethro Tull without thinking of Oscar in "Armageddon". He's going through some sort of physical/mental evaluation at NASA before they are launched to destroy the oncoming asteroid, and he says something like, "What I can't stand is somebody who thinks Jethro Tull is just another guy in the band." And the NASA guy says, "Who is Jethro Tull?" Oscar is incredulous of course.

I was shocked as well! Ian Anderson is a great showman. I saw Tull with Procol Harem, maybe 15 years ago. For the Jethro Tull set, the stage was decorated like a lower class London flat with sofa, small black and white TV and laundry hanging. All through the show, he would pick people to come up on stage and sit on the sofa. He served tea and crumpets from a silver tea set.

Good morning everybody. Woke up temps above freezing again, unusual for mid December, and we'll have a pleasant day again today. Temps return to normal for us in a few days though.

Our Cowboys lost last night. Sigh. But they had a heck of a run with the second string quarterback who is probably now the first string quarterback.

Noted that we're due for the year's best meteor display on Tuesday night, but much of the country will have cloud cover and it will be diminished by another super moon for the rest of us. But oh well. As the world turns and all that.

Gotta go fix Hombre and me some breakfast. He is much better but still has some weakness so I'm not letting him do much. This was the most sick he has ever been in his entire life and he is taking orders (from me) surprisingly well. I'm enjoying that part while it lasts. :)

By the way Peach, how long should the weakness and slight vertigo/dizziness last?

For at least a few more days.
It usually takes about a full 7 days, if it's still happening after that he should be seen again.
It also might be the drugs he's on as a reaction
Watch it close, if it's the drugs it gets worse.
If he's getting better each day it's the weakness. It really drains them.

Well, it's freeze yer nuts cold here, or if you don't have the requisite equipment to freeze your nuts, the cold will bring out the roses on all four cheeks. It's been 1-3 degrees F most of the day. The good news is, there's not wind to speak of, so we aren't suffering wind chill.

But no snow? Don't you sort of need the winter snow to keep the fire hazard down?

At least you should be helping Chris feel a bit better about her weather.
It does get too cold to snow. We've had ice fog the past couple of days, but it doesn't give us the snow cover we need. And, yes, any winter we have so little snow means we'll have a very bad fire season the following summer.
This morning it was between -1 and +3 degrees, depending on whether you were in a low spot. Low areas tend to become cold sinks with things get this cold.

Quickie driveby....we are enjoying our "human day" right now (Sunday is motel day and night), took our showers, just finished watching the mid season finale of The Walking Dead (I know it's bad of me, but I love negan) and I am comfy in my double bed and Mrg is comfy in his, so it's night night time cuz we have the motel to wake us at 8am so we can hit the road for our 2.5 hour drive to check out the room/house sitting gig. Then it is 2.5 hours back again...gonna be a long day.

Wish us luck!

I'll holler atcha all when we get back here on the coast to let you guys know how it all went down...sometime around 5ish is when we
be back.

Hugs

Hugs

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Good luck and loads of huggies!

For at least a few more days.
It usually takes about a full 7 days, if it's still happening after that he should be seen again.
It also might be the drugs he's on as a reaction
Watch it close, if it's the drugs it gets worse.
If he's getting better each day it's the weakness. It really drains them.

He's off all the antibiotics and treatment drugs except for a probiotic twice a day for another week. Back on the regular meds he takes all the time--blood pressure, cholesterol, gout, etc. that he has no apparent reaction to. And he is getting stronger day by day--still has some trouble getting up out of his lounger in the living room but no problem getting up out of his office chair in the office. But we're on day 4 since his discharge from the hospital so I won't get concerned yet. I won't let him go outside to walk yet.

Aqualung, right?

And that is true blues - and good blues.

Forum List

Back