USMB Coffee Shop IV

Say Foxfyre,
Did they ever do a 2nd blood test for a hidden 2nd infection once the 1st one was knocked out by drugs?
That's what they caught in this last UTI hubby had.

Other than of course he wants the weakness to go away, they did discover he had gained a lot of weight above what he thought he weighed. So he and I are on a diet--he's getting plenty of calories to keep his strength up--as I need to lose some pounds too. Right now he is being very cooperative and I have my fingers crossed that will continue after he is fully independent again.

Get yourselves a Nutribullet RX
The recipit for their Citrus slimmer
2 cups fresh spinich leaves
1/2 cup grapefruit sections
1small orange
4 med. Strawberrirs
3/4 cup rasberrirs
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
2cups water.

This combo works great at eating away stored body fat.
Hubby has lost over 25 lbs so far. :)

Thanks. Does he substitute this for one meal? Or it a between meal thing? I would need to adjust the recipe to eliminate the grapefruit as a couple of his meds don't work well with it.

I do something similar with freshly ground flaxseed and flax oil fused with cottage cheese - plus a whole orange, whole apple, a bit of unrefined honey or I can use any fruit or berries. And instead of water I use crushed ice and blend into a really tasty smoothie that essentially replaces breakfast.

Then we are content with a very light snack for lunch and normal but not oversized portions for dinner. I should know within a week if we need to adjust.

Saturday and Sun. afternoon went much better thanks to the cattle prod.

I fell asleep on the couch Sat. night.
Got into the deep nrem state and Hubby couldn't wake me up to take my pill at 10:00 p.m.
He grabbed my big toe and twisted and I was startled awake.
I hit the back of the couch with my left elbow and did an uppercut with my right fist. Good Lord! what a rude awakeing. :biggrin:
So, I wasn't able to get back to sleep for a few hours. :)
I will hear from my friend today as to when her son inlaw gets back.
If any are interested I let you know what he does with them.

Yes estermoon its funny!! :)
But he knew before he married me that I had a blackbelt in Karate, which I got while in my 20's.
It's also why I was into the maritial arts films of the 70's. :)
I married the one I'm still with when I was 30.
I made sure my ex would never beat me or choke me ever again.
It's also why he was down by my feet when he woke me up and made sure the blanket was wrapped around my feet. :lmao:

I am major impressed with that black belt. That is one thing I will always regret not doing though I did take some karate--not to the point for qualifying for a belt--and self defense classes. I taught some of the intellectual part--do's and don'ts and such--of our self defense classes but not the physical part of the training so I never felt fully proficient.

Say Foxfyre,
Did they ever do a 2nd blood test for a hidden 2nd infection once the 1st one was knocked out by drugs?
That's what they caught in this last UTI hubby had.

Other than of course he wants the weakness to go away, they did discover he had gained a lot of weight above what he thought he weighed. So he and I are on a diet--he's getting plenty of calories to keep his strength up--as I need to lose some pounds too. Right now he is being very cooperative and I have my fingers crossed that will continue after he is fully independent again.

Get yourselves a Nutribullet RX
The recipit for their Citrus slimmer
2 cups fresh spinich leaves
1/2 cup grapefruit sections
1small orange
4 med. Strawberrirs
3/4 cup rasberrirs
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
2cups water.

This combo works great at eating away stored body fat.
Hubby has lost over 25 lbs so far. :)

Thanks. Does he substitute this for one meal? Or it a between meal thing? I would need to adjust the recipe to eliminate the grapefruit as a couple of his meds don't work well with it.

I do something similar with freshly ground flaxseed and flax oil fused with cottage cheese - plus a whole orange, whole apple, a bit of unrefined honey or I can use any fruit or berries. And instead of water I use crushed ice and blend into a really tasty smoothie that essentially replaces breakfast.

Then we are content with a very light snack for lunch and normal but not oversized portions for dinner. I should know within a week if we need to adjust.

In between meals, once in the morning.
Substitute it with another type of citrus fruit if you can.
Citrus is part of the key ingredient to eating away the stored fats.

Got into the deep nrem state and Hubby couldn't wake me up to take my pill at 10:00 p.m.
I hit the back of the couch with my left elbow and did an uppercut with my right fist. Good Lord! what a rude awakeing. :biggrin:

But he knew before he married me that I had a blackbelt in Karate, which I got while in my 20's.
It's also why he was down by my feet when he woke me up and made sure the blanket was wrapped around my feet. :lmao:

I am major impressed with that black belt. That is one thing I will always regret not doing though I did take some karate--not to the point for qualifying for a belt--and self defense classes. I taught some of the intellectual part--do's and don'ts and such--of our self defense classes but not the physical part of the training so I never felt fully proficient.

It took me ten years to get it but was well worth it. :)

OOps I got their home town wrong. Titanium Blue is out of St Louis,

Aqualung, right?

From that album but it's "Locomotive Breath"

Yep!
As soon as they did the intro I knew it was Locomotive Breath.
Dang they are good!
Almost if not better in some parts than Jethro Tull. :)
He's just as good on the flute.

I can't think of Jethro Tull's band as a blues band though they are included in the blues rock genre. I can't think of Jethro Tull without thinking of Oscar in "Armageddon". He's going through some sort of physical/mental evaluation at NASA before they are launched to destroy the oncoming asteroid, and he says something like, "What I can't stand is somebody who thinks Jethro Tull is just another guy in the band." And the NASA guy says, "Who is Jethro Tull?" Oscar is incredulous of course.

I know Jethro Tull is a band, but I couldn't name a song or listen to a song and know it is a Tull song.

But once you listen to some of his stuff, he is pretty unforgettable.

Whatever happened to the Karate girl from down under?

Aqualung, right?
From that album but it's "Locomotive Breath"

Yep!
As soon as they did the intro I knew it was Locomotive Breath.
Dang they are good!
Almost if not better in some parts than Jethro Tull. :)
He's just as good on the flute.

I can't think of Jethro Tull's band as a blues band though they are included in the blues rock genre. I can't think of Jethro Tull without thinking of Oscar in "Armageddon". He's going through some sort of physical/mental evaluation at NASA before they are launched to destroy the oncoming asteroid, and he says something like, "What I can't stand is somebody who thinks Jethro Tull is just another guy in the band." And the NASA guy says, "Who is Jethro Tull?" Oscar is incredulous of course.

I know Jethro Tull is a band, but I couldn't name a song or listen to a song and know it is a Tull song.

But once you listen to some of his stuff, he is pretty unforgettable.

Maybe because of mixing hard rock and fluting, but the little I've tried I found fairly forgettable. :p

Whatever happened to the Karate girl from down under?

Noomi remains on the vigil list but she sort of just vanished several months ago. I keep the candles burning in hope that she will come back as she definitely became a member of the CS family and several of us were very fond of her.

ok. Need some honest and serious opinions here.
We went and visited, had lunch at their house. Very pleasant people. Nice house. Nice room. New carpet. Everything clean. Except:

Graffiti marked everywhere.
Metal on windows and doors as guards.
Neighborhood is known gang infestation and according to what I saw on google..the WORST and UNSAFEST neighborhood in Bakersfield.
They are leaving in march....and will not be back until october. 8 months. They wanted roommates to watch their house because they "cannot leave it unattended". No relatives would agree to house sit for them. not even her daughters.
We are to pay 600 per month to housesit. Is this not backwards?
One field over is Cottonwood Road. One word for that road. BAD BAD BAD. Only thing that separates her from Cottonwood Road is a field. Thats it. Just a field. Surrounding that field are homes that...um...well.....uh.....no. So her home, that she does not want left empty for EIGHT MONTHS and thinks she found two DUMBASSES to PAY her to sit her house in the middle of ghetto....

Should we? :lol:

We went and visited, had lunch at their house. Very pleasant people. Nice house. Nice room. New carpet. Everything clean. Except:

Neighborhood is known gang infestation and according to what I saw on google..the WORST and UNSAFEST neighborhood in Bakersfield.
They are leaving in march....and will not be back until october. 8 months. They wanted roommates to watch their house because they "cannot leave it unattended". No relatives would agree to house sit for them. not even her daughters.
One field over is Cottonwood Road. One word for that road. BAD BAD BAD. Only thing that separates her from Cottonwood Road is a field. Thats it. Just a field. Surrounding that field are homes that...um...well.....uh.....no. So her home, that she does not want left empty for EIGHT MONTHS and thinks she found two DUMBASSES to PAY her to sit her house in the middle of ghetto....

I'd stick with the RV. Seriously, Gracie, a more "seasoned" couple like you and Mr. G. might seem like easy pickings for your "neighbors". Unless either, or both, or you are crack shots and armed to the teeth, or can swing a BB bat like a pro, I'd take a pass. I, for one, would not like to read about you guys in the obits.

In short....waste of time. I think. Or am I being too picky?

What it comes down to is.....

Continue to be homeless, safe, with known docs, a vet that I rely on, a street...any street here, actually, that I can walk at midnight with my dog without being attacked by pit bulls (yes, we saw a few, tied to trees in the neighborhood), stars at night. Cold but we have blankets, and continue to wait for something to break for us.....or do we pull up stakes and give this a try for a clean room with new carpet, and nice people, in a really really really BAD neighborhood?

Oh, and her daughters, who refuse to house sit for her, have keys to the house. Are they allowed to prance into Moms house for the next 8 months??? I think so. Thats who we would be paying the rent to, since they will be in Washington for 8 months.

GW....MrG said if something does not happen HERE by spring, when it is safe to drive such a distance....make ready for some peenuckle.....he said to spell it that way. Oh, and make sure hozilla has lots of oil cuz iffen you has some spruce to ho down, he's gonna ho it.

Deal?

In short....waste of time. I think. Or am I being too picky?

What it comes down to is.....

Continue to be homeless, safe, with known docs, a vet that I rely on, a street...any street here, actually, that I can walk at midnight with my dog without being attacked by pit bulls (yes, we saw a few, tied to trees in the neighborhood), stars at night. Cold but we have blankets, and continue to wait for something to break for us.....or do we pull up stakes and give this a try for a clean room with new carpet, and nice people, in a really really really BAD neighborhood?

Oh, and her daughters, who refuse to house sit for her, have keys to the house. Are they allowed to prance into Moms house for the next 8 months??? I think so. Thats who we would be paying the rent to, since they will be in Washington for 8 months.
And they want you to pay for such a privilege...Nah, take the pass on his one, Gracie.

I know!! That is what bugs me the most, I think. They should be paying US...and 600 ain't enough!

GW....MrG said if something does not happen HERE by spring, when it is safe to drive such a distance....make ready for some peenuckle.....he said to spell it that way. Oh, and make sure hozilla has lots of oil cuz iffen you has some spruce to ho down, he's gonna ho it.

Deal?
Sweetie, you and Mr. Gracie gots a deal. Hozilla makes it lots easier for ol' fo'ks like us to work. Things might be tight, the cabin is small, but I think we can get you guys a place by winter next year. Even my partner is on board, he's had to live in his car on occasion, so he fully understands the inconvenience. You guys would have to put up with us, though.

OH! NO! NO! NO!
If its the area I knew in the 80's it's bad news. Full of crips & bloods. Hispanic gangs.
Stay away from that place, they'll kill your dog and then get to both of you.
They should be paying someone to stay there.
A young person that's armed to the teeth.
No not for you and your little family.

Last edited:

Deal?
Sweetie, you and Mr. Gracie gots a deal. Hozilla makes it lots easier for ol' fo'ks like us to work. Things might be tight, the cabin is small, but I think we can get you guys a place by winter next year. Even my partner is on board, he's had to live in his car on occasion, so he fully understands the inconvenience. You guys would have to put up with us, though.
Put up with you? Oh noes!!! lol
mrg said to tell you..DEAL!!! Yeah, your place might me be small..I have no idea, but it can't be smaller than this rv or my van!!!!
PM me your address. I will see if I can find it on google. Or if not via google, send me a pic of your palace in email or pm if you have one. Tell your partner THANK YOU, for us too. Plus..we would be there to help Partner (thats his name now, you now) when you are in Hong Kong with your daughters. And it will be spring!!!

Um...when do moose rut? Should we look out for horney critters on the highway?

OH! NO! NO! NO!
If its the area I knew in the 80's it's bad news.
Stay away from that place, they'll kill your dog and then get to both of you.
They should be paying someone to stay there.
A young person that's armed to the teeth.
No not for you and your little family.
Aha!! So...you are familiar with cotton wood road in bakes, are ya? NOW you know why I am....omg!! faced.

BAD. Such nice people too. But...I keep thinking they think they found some really dumb people. That kinda bums me out. Fooled again.

Forum List

Back