USMB Coffee Shop IV

Basically, you need to remember 41 and 135. Remember those 2 numbers and you have a 50% score. From then on, it's how to wash your hands and don't let raw chicken juice get on raw shellfish
I took an online sample test and discovered that I have no idea how to wash my hands. Apparently, some people must forget to turn on the water so the correct first step is not wet hands.
Other than that, if you remember not to store dead people at room temperature in the kitchen, you're good to go.

Basically, you need to remember 41 and 135. Remember those 2 numbers and you have a 50% score. From then on, it's how to wash your hands and don't let raw chicken juice get on raw shellfish
I took an online sample test and discovered that I have no idea how to wash my hands. Apparently, some people must forget to turn on the water so the correct first step is not wet hands.
Other than that, if you remember not to store dead people at room temperature in the kitchen, you're good to go.

Funny.

It's required by our VFW Post too as we serve food to the public.
Each of our volunteers have to take a test each year and we get regular health inspections.
Then we have a liquor licence for the bar.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more dealing with this
Not the goat Lil & I were dealing with but just as nasty. :biggrin:
I think its a tie between Goats and Lamas both are nasty animals.

I'll tell ya, way back when, when I was young and dumb and full of .... aaahh, you know... I used to crash at this buddy of mine's farm. I had the upstairs entirely to myself. One morning I got up with a horrible hangover, stumbled out to my truck in the driveway, and was greeted by one of his goats, as I opened my truck door to get in, I looked at the goat that had followed me to my truck, and he then turned his head towards his rear and PEED all over his face, then looked at me as he licked it off. I've had no love for goats ever since. I'd just as soon shoot 'em as look at them. Nasty creatures...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll tell ya, way back when, when I was young and dumb and full of .... aaahh, you know... I used to crash at this buddy of mine's farm. I had the upstairs entirely to myself. One morning I got up with a horrible hangover, stumbled out to my truck in the driveway, and was greeted by one of his goats, as I opened my truck door to get in, I looked at the goat that had followed me to my truck, and he then turned his head towards his rear and PEED all over his face, then looked at me as he licked it off. I've had no love for goats ever since. I'd just as soon shoot 'em as look at them. Nasty creatures...

Totally agree with you.
It's a wonder I didnt have nightmares.
It was awful!

He butted my friend Lil and my husband, knocked them both down.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Okay, figured out what I want for Christmas!!!!!! A new keyboard!

pushMyButtons.jpg

I once had to deal with the health inspectors not because we ran a food service, but because our agency had a commercial kitchen and did feel the kids in our preschool and day care and summer 'camps'. The freezer and fridge had to be at proper temperature, and yes the food storage and prep dos and don'ts and how to wash your hands. It was bad enough way back then and I can just imagine how much worse now after decades of additional rules and regs.

But in our own business we did a lot of restaurant and bar kitchen insurance fire and safety inspections, and we could advise our friends and neighbors where it was safe to eat and where it wasn't. You would be amazed--and horrified--at the filthy conditions we sometimes found and the really dangerous violations. And some places we couldn't find a single little thing to criticize and they would pass anybody's white glove test.

Funny.

Each of our volunteers have to take a test each year and we get regular health inspections.
Do you know what the fee is for the license in AZ? It's $700 here.
In Florida, there are only so many licenses and you have to buy your license from someone else. A permit at South Beach in Miami can cost a half million.

I once had to deal with the health inspectors not because we ran a food service, but because our agency had a commercial kitchen and did feel the kids in our preschool and day care and summer 'camps'. The freezer and fridge had to be at proper temperature, and yes the food storage and prep dos and don'ts and how to wash your hands. It was bad enough way back then and I can just imagine how much worse now after decades of additional rules and regs.

But in our own business we did a lot of restaurant and bar kitchen insurance fire and safety inspections, and we could advise our friends and neighbors where it was safe to eat and where it wasn't. You would be amazed--and horrified--at the filthy conditions we sometimes found and the really dangerous violations. And some places we couldn't find a single little thing to criticize and they would pass anybody's white glove test.
Currently, we have inspections every 6 months. This will change as we add food. We were a tad disappointed in our score a year ago when we only got 98. The rest have all been perfect scores.

Gotta run in and open the door for the bartender. My partners were there earlier and set up the bar, so all I need to do is put cash in the til and hug her goodbye.

Funny.

In Florida, there are only so many licenses and you have to buy your license from someone else. A permit at South Beach in Miami can cost a half million.

I don't think getting a food service license in New Mexico is so difficult--there seem to be an awful lot of new restaurant start ups here, most of which don't last long. It is only a bit harder to get a beer and wine permit for your restaurant, but full liquor licenses are strictly limited and pretty much go to those with crony political connections, big donors to certain important people, etc. No connections? Your chances of getting a full liquor license are slim to none. An extremely corrupt situation.

The little one has a lunchbox made of a flexible cooler-type material to keep her cold food cold. When I make her lunch particularly early, I put the lunchbox in the fridge until she leaves. It's probably unimportant as it is only, at most, a half hour of time it would be on the counter, but I do it anyway. Well, today I did that, then forgot to get it out of the fridge before she left for school. :( I just realized it a little while ago. I hope she liked the chicken pot pie the school was serving for lunch today!

I'm a bad nanny. :(

Funny.

Sorry I dont know.
It's the Men & Women Veterans who runs everything.
I am auxiliary. :)
Lowly tag along wifes or husbands depending. :biggrin:

The little one has a lunchbox made of a flexible cooler-type material to keep her cold food cold. When I make her lunch particularly early, I put the lunchbox in the fridge until she leaves. It's probably unimportant as it is only, at most, a half hour of time it would be on the counter, but I do it anyway. Well, today I did that, then forgot to get it out of the fridge before she left for school. :( I just realized it a little while ago. I hope she liked the chicken pot pie the school was serving for lunch today!

I'm a bad nanny. :(

And she also forgot. Even at the tender age of 6 or 7 it is not too early to learn to take some responsibility for yourself.

Whenever our caretakers never make a mistake like that, it is really easy to become so complacent we take no responsibility for ourselves. Just chalk it up that everybody is fallible, and a good learning experience in self sufficiency for the little one.

Okay, figured out what I want for Christmas!!!!!! A new keyboard!

pushMyButtons.jpg

And ahem, Mrs R will be providing that????????
She has been but I need an upgrade...........

Don't tell her I said that, there are knives in the house and she just watched the Lorena Bobbitt case on TV a few days ago............

Every time Hombre mentions admiration for some sweet young gorgeous thing on TV, I just tell him okay, but make sure she can afford you. :)

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll agree about the llamas. They're pretty nasty. I had 17 of the critters at one time. But goats, if they're raised right, are pretty neat animals. It seems like the billy you had to deal with was not raised properly for human-goat interactions. Being herd animals, they like to establish that "who's the boss" hierarchy and if humans allow them to be bossy, the human is considered a lesser animal to be pushed around. Best use for an animal like that is stew meat.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll agree about the llamas. They're pretty nasty. I had 17 of the critters at one time. But goats, if they're raised right, are pretty neat animals. It seems like the billy you had to deal with was not raised properly for human-goat interactions. Being herd animals, they like to establish that "who's the boss" hierarchy and if humans allow them to be bossy, the human is considered a lesser animal to be pushed around. Best use for an animal like that is stew meat.

Yes me and Lil agree with you.
Plus I dont know what types of tortures that little boy did to it.
Based on what he did to my metal coolers on the porch. Jeez !

The first measurable snow is stacking up today. Three inches as I left the office meant not only the solitary work of brushing snow from my car, but the cars of a couple co-workers. The drive home was very, very slow. Driving up the St. Clair Avenue hill we moved at the speed of a funeral procession. Folks skidded through intersection, and I suppose some bowels moved in the process.

Meanwhile, I did manage to pick up the prime rib roast for Christmas Eve. Ribs 5-8 expertly tied and currently sitting uncovered in the ice box, the slab of meat wore a blister on my credit card to the tune of $73.00! Daisy the Mutt paid special attention as I mopped off the blood and put the roast on a paper towel lined dinner plate.

I found a photograph taken during the Christmas parade here in town. The 1973 Christmas parade. It is of my oldest friend and me as we played our brass Sousaphones in the high school marching band. I bought a frame and a mat in Potter Blue and shipped it off to sunny Florida where he lives today. Amazingly, UPS told me it should arrive by this Friday! With the annual Christmas rush and the predominance of on line shopping, I thought that maybe December 13 might be cutting it too close for Christmas delivery.

The plow trucks are still rumbling around the neighborhood and I just brought Daisy the Mutt in from her lead in the North lawn. She has stopped pressuring me for a walk n the park tonight. Thank God!

Forum List

Back