USMB Coffee Shop IV

ok. Need some honest and serious opinions here.
We went and visited, had lunch at their house. Very pleasant people. Nice house. Nice room. New carpet. Everything clean. Except:

Graffiti marked everywhere.
Metal on windows and doors as guards.
Neighborhood is known gang infestation and according to what I saw on google..the WORST and UNSAFEST neighborhood in Bakersfield.
They are leaving in march....and will not be back until october. 8 months. They wanted roommates to watch their house because they "cannot leave it unattended". No relatives would agree to house sit for them. not even her daughters.
We are to pay 600 per month to housesit. Is this not backwards?
One field over is Cottonwood Road. One word for that road. BAD BAD BAD. Only thing that separates her from Cottonwood Road is a field. Thats it. Just a field. Surrounding that field are homes that...um...well.....uh.....no. So her home, that she does not want left empty for EIGHT MONTHS and thinks she found two DUMBASSES to PAY her to sit her house in the middle of ghetto....

Should we? :lol:

OH! NO! NO! NO!
If its the area I knew in the 80's it's bad news.
Stay away from that place, they'll kill your dog and then get to both of you.
They should be paying someone to stay there.
A young person that's armed to the teeth.
No not for you and your little family.
Aha!! So...you are familiar with cotton wood road in bakes, are ya? NOW you know why I am....omg!! faced.

BAD. Such nice people too. But...I keep thinking they think they found some really dumb people. That kinda bums me out. Fooled again.

Stayed with friends in another area in Bakes, but yes that area of town if full of gangs.

Last edited:
I will see you guys later tonight. MrG wants to go to bed. Once he is asleep....DEEPLY asleep, I will sneak back on for some chitchat.

Sorry I didn't have better news. I know you guys are all pulling for us. But...as usual..I am really not surprised. So not too much down about it. Nothing surprises me any more. But we are safe now, at "home" in the rv and have to make MrGs bed cuz his knee hurts from sitting so long in the car.

Be back later.

Smooches

I will see you guys later tonight. MrG wants to go to bed. Once he is asleep....DEEPLY asleep, I will sneak back on for some chitchat.

Sorry I didn't have better news. I know you guys are all pulling for us. But...as usual..I am really not surprised. So not too much down about it. Nothing surprises me any more. But we are safe now, at "home" in the rv and have to make MrGs bed cuz his knee hurts from sitting so long in the car.

Be back later.

Smooches

I really feel something will come along for you soon after the New Year.

GW....MrG said if something does not happen HERE by spring, when it is safe to drive such a distance....make ready for some peenuckle.....he said to spell it that way. Oh, and make sure hozilla has lots of oil cuz iffen you has some spruce to ho down, he's gonna ho it.

Deal?
Sweetie, you and Mr. Gracie gots a deal. Hozilla makes it lots easier for ol' fo'ks like us to work. Things might be tight, the cabin is small, but I think we can get you guys a place by winter next year. Even my partner is on board, he's had to live in his car on occasion, so he fully understands the inconvenience. You guys would have to put up with us, though.
Put up with you? Oh noes!!! lol
mrg said to tell you..DEAL!!! Yeah, your place might me be small..I have no idea, but it can't be smaller than this rv or my van!!!!
PM me your address. I will see if I can find it on google. Or if not via google, send me a pic of your palace in email or pm if you have one. Tell your partner THANK YOU, for us too. Plus..we would be there to help Partner (thats his name now, you now) when you are in Hong Kong with your daughters. And it will be spring!!!

Um...when do moose rut? Should we look out for horney critters on the highway?
DEAL! If you and Mr.G. are still in need come Spring. Partner was already contemplating where to build you a place. Not palatial, but comfy. We are "off-grid", so you might want to find out what that means (no electric company billing you, water...hopefully we'll get a well in...

3876710348a6673bb2a80a49d5ad36af.jpg

We went and visited, had lunch at their house. Very pleasant people. Nice house. Nice room. New carpet. Everything clean. Except:

Neighborhood is known gang infestation and according to what I saw on google..the WORST and UNSAFEST neighborhood in Bakersfield.
They are leaving in march....and will not be back until october. 8 months. They wanted roommates to watch their house because they "cannot leave it unattended". No relatives would agree to house sit for them. not even her daughters.
One field over is Cottonwood Road. One word for that road. BAD BAD BAD. Only thing that separates her from Cottonwood Road is a field. Thats it. Just a field. Surrounding that field are homes that...um...well.....uh.....no. So her home, that she does not want left empty for EIGHT MONTHS and thinks she found two DUMBASSES to PAY her to sit her house in the middle of ghetto....

:cranky: No. No. No. Like others said (I think Peaches) I also believe something is waiting for you, and it will break.
Again, I am so sorry.

I'd stick with the RV. Seriously, Gracie, a more "seasoned" couple like you and Mr. G. might seem like easy pickings for your "neighbors". Unless either, or both, or you are crack shots and armed to the teeth, or can swing a BB bat like a pro, I'd take a pass. I, for one, would not like to read about you guys in the obits.

And if you decide to agree to house sit for them, it should be at no expense to you. You are absolutely right that to ask you to pay for the privilege of guarding their house is just not right. In fact you should require some sort of salary--not enough to upset your benefits but you'll need a gun, etc.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back

Sunset over the Air Force Academy
10989022405_8715daa4e2_b.jpg

GW....MrG said if something does not happen HERE by spring, when it is safe to drive such a distance....make ready for some peenuckle.....he said to spell it that way. Oh, and make sure hozilla has lots of oil cuz iffen you has some spruce to ho down, he's gonna ho it.

Deal?
Sweetie, you and Mr. Gracie gots a deal. Hozilla makes it lots easier for ol' fo'ks like us to work. Things might be tight, the cabin is small, but I think we can get you guys a place by winter next year. Even my partner is on board, he's had to live in his car on occasion, so he fully understands the inconvenience. You guys would have to put up with us, though.
Put up with you? Oh noes!!! lol
mrg said to tell you..DEAL!!! Yeah, your place might me be small..I have no idea, but it can't be smaller than this rv or my van!!!!
PM me your address. I will see if I can find it on google. Or if not via google, send me a pic of your palace in email or pm if you have one. Tell your partner THANK YOU, for us too. Plus..we would be there to help Partner (thats his name now, you now) when you are in Hong Kong with your daughters. And it will be spring!!!

Um...when do moose rut? Should we look out for horney critters on the highway?
DEAL! If you and Mr.G. are still in need come Spring. Partner was already contemplating where to build you a place. Not palatial, but comfy. We are "off-grid", so you might want to find out what that means (no electric company billing you, water...hopefully we'll get a well in...
Off grid. Also means dry cabin, right? Compost toilet. I think we are getting our lessons now, lol. But, a generator might help, eh? And a well would be better than hauling water.

I think hozilla needs to be put to work and all four of us get our old butts in gear before we get too decrepit and get those Tiny House log cabins built with all those trees you have and then rent them out! You could retire sooner!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

OOps I got their home town wrong. Titanium Blue is out of St Louis,

Aqualung, right?

From that album but it's "Locomotive Breath"

Yep!
As soon as they did the intro I knew it was Locomotive Breath.
Dang they are good!
Almost if not better in some parts than Jethro Tull. :)
He's just as good on the flute.

I can't think of Jethro Tull's band as a blues band though they are included in the blues rock genre. I can't think of Jethro Tull without thinking of Oscar in "Armageddon". He's going through some sort of physical/mental evaluation at NASA before they are launched to destroy the oncoming asteroid, and he says something like, "What I can't stand is somebody who thinks Jethro Tull is just another guy in the band." And the NASA guy says, "Who is Jethro Tull?" Oscar is incredulous of course.

I know Jethro Tull is a band, but I couldn't name a song or listen to a song and know it is a Tull song.
Listen to some Jethro Tull. By the time you've heard 4 or 5 numbers, you will be able to recognize the unique style.

Well, I have an eye exam today at 12:45. My glasses have been a little too strong for me for a couple years now. Last time I had an eye exam the doc told me my eyes had actually gotten better as far as focused... imagine that. 90% of the time I never wear my glasses. The TV looks better without them. But my right eye which used to be clear as a bell now has a bunch of those damn string floaters in it with one vertical chunk that's just off to the right of dead center in my line of vision, and it's quite annoying when I'm looking at something bright like the computer monitor or the tv. I understand there's nothing they can do for them either, as I've been told they usually fall apart and drop to the bottom of your eye. I'd like to know if there's something I could do to possibly help prevent them from forming, or if there's some drops that can help, something... anything... I'll tell ya, getting old sucks.

Last edited:
I've been getting old for a long time now. Sure, you develope lumps and bumps, get pains in strange places, and sometimes can't get into road gear but all in all it ain't so bad!

Aqualung, right?
From that album but it's "Locomotive Breath"

Yep!
As soon as they did the intro I knew it was Locomotive Breath.
Dang they are good!
Almost if not better in some parts than Jethro Tull. :)
He's just as good on the flute.

I can't think of Jethro Tull's band as a blues band though they are included in the blues rock genre. I can't think of Jethro Tull without thinking of Oscar in "Armageddon". He's going through some sort of physical/mental evaluation at NASA before they are launched to destroy the oncoming asteroid, and he says something like, "What I can't stand is somebody who thinks Jethro Tull is just another guy in the band." And the NASA guy says, "Who is Jethro Tull?" Oscar is incredulous of course.

I know Jethro Tull is a band, but I couldn't name a song or listen to a song and know it is a Tull song.
Listen to some Jethro Tull. By the time you've heard 4 or 5 numbers, you will be able to recognize the unique style.

So true. There's nobody else quick like this band. But I still don't hear it as blues.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more dealing with this
Not the goat Lil & I were dealing with but just as nasty. :biggrin:
I think its a tie between Goats and Lamas both are nasty animals.

Well, I have an eye exam today at 12:45. My glasses have been a little too strong for me for a couple years now. Last time I had an eye exam the doc told me my eyes had actually gotten better as far as focused... imagine that. 90% of the time I never wear my glasses. The TV looks better without them. But my right eye which used to be clear as a bell now has a bunch of those damn string floaters in it with one vertical chunk that's just off to the right dead center in my line of vision, and it's quite annoying when I'm looking at something bright like the computer monitor or the tv. I understand there's nothing they can do for them either, as I've been told they usually fall apart and drop to the bottom of your eye. I'd like to know if there's something I could do to possibly help prevent them from forming, or if there's some drops that can help, something... anything... I'll tell ya, getting old sucks.

I've had the same phenomenon that has just recently developed in my right eye, 007, little black floaters, and yes they are really annoying. But they do seem to come and go. Last night and today I have none, but I know they'll come back. I have a call in to my opthamologist who is world class though and when I can get her an appointment, she will know what, if anything, can be done about them.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I can't thank you enough Gallantwarrior for your help on this sticky situation.
We knew nothing about goats.
I was afraid I might accidentaly break his neck the way I twisted his head and neck in a leverage hold lock up against the fence. He thrashed around hard enough I thouht he might break his neck himself or my hands or fingers. 1 min. seemed like a really long,long time.
I was glad to hear that a cattle prod or stun gunn was ok to use. I didn't know what the watts would do to it. :)
We both know about - Lamas yes , Emus yes, but not goats. :biggrin:
We botth have friends who have Lama & Emu farms.
Not goats.

Now maybe you all have a better understanding as to why I woke up swinging from a stage 3 deep sleep ,where even a heard of wildhorses running down our dirt street would not have woken me. :lmao:

Last edited:
Let's see... Every once in a while, the state of Alabama requires me to listen to some horribly boring stuff, expecting I'll retain a great deal of it. This time around, I was given two choices. #1 was showing up at noon a half hour from here as an alternate, (I would get a seat for a 6 hour droll over 2 days if someone else decided they didn't want to be bored to tears) and If I got in, I would have to pay $175. Seems masochistic to me. #2 was showing up at 10 AM tomorrow morning a half hour from here in the other direction, taking a 30 minute review and a 45 minute test for free.
Anyone care to hazard a guess which option I've chosen? Hint: I am not masochistic.

:lol::lol::lol:
Let's see... Every once in a while, the state of Alabama requires me to listen to some horribly boring stuff, expecting I'll retain a great deal of it. This time around, I was given two choices. #1 was showing up at noon a half hour from here as an alternate, (I would get a seat for a 6 hour droll over 2 days if someone else decided they didn't want to be bored to tears) and If I got in, I would have to pay $175. Seems masochistic to me. #2 was showing up at 10 AM tomorrow morning a half hour from here in the other direction, taking a 30 minute review and a 45 minute test for free.
Anyone care to hazard a guess which option I've chosen? Hint: I am not masochistic.

#2 ? :laugh:
Does this happen to be one of the State requirements for your business license?

Yes. Seeing we are considering adding some food items, we will have more stringent and frequent health inspections. I need to upgrade from alcohol service to food service manager. All migratory waterfowl must be properly aligned.

Forum List

Back