USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well I got home from the eye clinic about 2:30PM with my pupils dilated big as dimes. I went about closing all the blinds in the house because the sun was shining bright and it was unbearable. My eyes are still messed up and it's 4:35PM, and I had to miss out on a lot of great sunshine during these short days. In any case, the doctor explained to me what the floating things were in my eyes and that yes, I have a rather large one in my right eye and the remnants of one in my left, but aside from them my eyes look very healthy. I barely need any correction with both eyes the same at -1.75. Now I need to get new glasses so I can enjoy that new 4K TV I bought. I think a pair of prescription shades are in order too.

Those drops affect me too.
I can't read anything or go on line.
Even watching tv is difficult.
It takes all day & most of the night for the effects to wear off for me.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more dealing with this
Not the goat Lil & I were dealing with but just as nasty. :biggrin:
I think its a tie between Goats and Lamas both are nasty animals.

I'll agree about the llamas. They're pretty nasty. I had 17 of the critters at one time. But goats, if they're raised right, are pretty neat animals. It seems like the billy you had to deal with was not raised properly for human-goat interactions. Being herd animals, they like to establish that "who's the boss" hierarchy and if humans allow them to be bossy, the human is considered a lesser animal to be pushed around. Best use for an animal like that is stew meat.

Yes. At one time Hombre was the committee chair of our church's area conference center, summer camp for the kids, et al. He held that position for several years and during that time they were coping with the usual cost overruns that most such facilities cope with. One was cutting the weeds and natural grass on the very extensive property.

At one point they were debating hiring people to do it vs buying an expensive heavy duty tractor. And eventually, the camp manager suggested a herd of goats of which he was familiar. And that's the route they went, one very pedigreed billy and several does. He raised them right--the Billy was penned when people were around--but the does were very gentle and people friendly and of course we all know how much fun the babies are.

In New Mexico the conditions are such that goats do a very good job of keeping the grass and weeds trimmed down, the staff used the excess goat milk to good purpose, and the folks visiting the place, especially the kids at camp, thoroughly enjoyed the goats and were taught how to care for them, etc. and folks went out of their way to contribute feed and pay vet bills and such.

And the little ones, when they were weaned and old enough, were sold to good homes.

Win win for all.

Last edited:
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more dealing with this
Not the goat Lil & I were dealing with but just as nasty. :biggrin:
I think its a tie between Goats and Lamas both are nasty animals.

I'll agree about the llamas. They're pretty nasty. I had 17 of the critters at one time. But goats, if they're raised right, are pretty neat animals. It seems like the billy you had to deal with was not raised properly for human-goat interactions. Being herd animals, they like to establish that "who's the boss" hierarchy and if humans allow them to be bossy, the human is considered a lesser animal to be pushed around. Best use for an animal like that is stew meat.

That's what I said. I think.
She didn't discipline her child or any of the animals.
Thanks again you helped us bring some order out of absolute chaos. :)

Last edited:
Well I got home from the eye clinic about 2:30PM with my pupils dilated big as dimes. I went about closing all the blinds in the house because the sun was shining bright and it was unbearable. My eyes are still messed up and it's 4:35PM, and I had to miss out on a lot of great sunshine during these short days. In any case, the doctor explained to me what the floating things were in my eyes and that yes, I have a rather large one in my right eye and the remnants of one in my left, but aside from them my eyes look very healthy. I barely need any correction with both eyes the same at -1.75. Now I need to get new glasses so I can enjoy that new 4K TV I bought. I think a pair of prescription shades are in order too.

I wish I had gotten a pair of glasses that shade in bright light the last time I had my eyes checked. Sometimes it is really annoying not being able to wear sunglasses.

The full moon tonight will be the highest (at midnight) and brightest of the year and is the first 'cold moon' of the year. It will pretty well wash out the Geminid meteor shower that also peaks tonight, but I think a lot of us are going to be under cloud cover anyway.

The full moon tonight will be the highest (at midnight) and brightest of the year and is the first 'cold moon' of the year. It will pretty well wash out the Geminid meteor shower that also peaks tonight, but I think a lot of us are going to be under cloud cover anyway.
It was most beautiful here last night, too. The bright, silver moonlight washing over the cold, frosty forest. There's an overcast tonight, though, so I doubt any meteors will be visible.

I feel guilty. I should have spent the past hour chatting with y'all but instead I decided to go fuck with CL ads of people looking for roomies. Yes...the old Gracie came out and played hard this go round. Prolly cuz I'm bored and what do I have to lose? Not a dayum thing. So....why not play wif 'em?

And now I am tired and off to watch some Frasier for a bit, then bed. Yes. Bed. This early? Hell, why not. I might come back later tonight though.

Playing with CL ads is fun. I need to do it again. :funnyface:

I am not done fucking around with CL...but I need some help.

Write me an ad that is humorous..about two old fogies. I will put it in CL along with a pic of two oldies I find on google, then the schpeel about us needing a place. The funnier the better. Anyone game?

I will check back later. :bow2:

Write me an ad that is humorous..about two old fogies. I will put it in CL along with a pic of two oldies I find on google, then the schpeel about us needing a place. The funnier the better. Anyone game?

I found a site of funny CL ads. This one definitely made me laugh. :)

enhanced-buzz-29445-1386723858-1.jpg

Two old fogies, husband and wife, leftovers from the Hippie generation, and one well-mannered elderly dog need new domicile. A small furnished palace with terrace, ocean view, maid service, butler, and personal chef is our preference, but we'll settle for shared accommodations with people who aren't nutcases and/or a decent place we can sublet to help with expenses. We take good care of stuff, aren't more weird than anybody else, can do minor maintenance, and pay the rent on time. Call. . .

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

This photo was taken by a young friend (our son's age) who now lives in the New York City area. He took this photo of the full moon over Central Park tonight

15542101_10154125354728365_8908990637589017310_n.jpg

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

This photo was taken by a young friend (our son's age) who now lives in the New York City area. He took this photo of the full moon over Central Park tonight

15542101_10154125354728365_8908990637589017310_n.jpg

Oh, I love that!

Well, thankfully my old eye balls are back to normal. We had clear skies up nort' here in WI and the moon was VERY bright. I was going to take a picture of it but after looking around remembered my smaller Canon Powershot SX280HS with the long zoom was out in the Tahoe in the shop, and it was too cold to bother bundling up to run out and get it. I usually always have a camera with me when I go anywhere. One day a couple years ago I was driving along a back road and saw a bald eagle feasting on an animal carcass not to far away in a corn field, and I had no camera with me to get a picture. After that I decided to always have a camera. My photographer friend has shown me a couple different websites where you can post pictures you've taken that others can purchase to publish if they like them. Couple extra bucks for a picture wouldn't be too hard to take.

Talking of old age and floaters, I have developed a strange eye problem which is, I see wavy lines and it lasts for about twenty minutes. It happens every few days. But as long as it only lasts twenty minutes its no problem.

I am more worried about the electricity supply because the lights were flickering last night. That happens every couple of years and it usually means the electric cables in the street are burning out. The last time it happened a couple of years ago the power went off for three days. That will be nice if it happens over Christmas. Mind you it will not affect me too much because I only eat cold salads. But It will ruin most of the neighbours Christmas dinner.

The only effect it will have on me is that I will not be able to watch my new DVDs. There is nothing on the TV all over Christmas so I have stocked up on new DVD films.
I have the new Ghost busters, and the latest X-men and Star trek and the latest independence day. I also have game of thrones series six.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Talking of old age and floaters, I have developed a strange eye problem which is, I see wavy lines and it lasts for about twenty minutes. It happens every few days. But as long as it only lasts twenty minutes its no problem.

I am more worried about the electricity supply because the lights were flickering last night. That happens every couple of years and it usually means the electric cables in the street are burning out. The last time it happened a couple of years ago the power went off for three days. That will be nice if it happens over Christmas. Mind you it will not affect me too much because I only eat cold salads. But It will ruin most of the neighbours Christmas dinner.

The only effect it will have on me is that I will not be able to watch my new DVDs. There is nothing on the TV all over Christmas so I have stocked up on new DVD films.
I have the new Ghost busters, and the latest X-men and Star trek and the latest independence day. I also have game of thrones series six.

You should get it checked out.
Catch it early if it might be something. :)

It's colder than the contents of a witches bra here today and it's gonna get worse! Time to make a 55 gallon drum of coffee!!! How long does it take to drive to Bermuda?

I should not like to be in the dark for 3 days and your plans for doing your favorite things over the holidays would be spoiled. So we will send positive vibes for a healthy electricity grid. Those cables you would think would not be so fragile.

Forum List

Back