USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. Woke up temps above freezing again, unusual for mid December, and we'll have a pleasant day again today. Temps return to normal for us in a few days though.

Our Cowboys lost last night. Sigh. But they had a heck of a run with the second string quarterback who is probably now the first string quarterback.

Noted that we're due for the year's best meteor display on Tuesday night, but much of the country will have cloud cover and it will be diminished by another super moon for the rest of us. But oh well. As the world turns and all that.

Gotta go fix Hombre and me some breakfast. He is much better but still has some weakness so I'm not letting him do much. This was the most sick he has ever been in his entire life and he is taking orders (from me) surprisingly well. I'm enjoying that part while it lasts. :)

Thats great news Foxfyre!

By the way Peach, how long should the weakness and slight vertigo/dizziness last?

For at least a few more days.
It usually takes about a full 7 days, if it's still happening after that he should be seen again.
It also might be the drugs he's on as a reaction
Watch it close, if it's the drugs it gets worse.
If he's getting better each day it's the weakness. It really drains them.

He's off all the antibiotics and treatment drugs except for a probiotic twice a day for another week. Back on the regular meds he takes all the time--blood pressure, cholesterol, gout, etc. that he has no apparent reaction to. And he is getting stronger day by day--still has some trouble getting up out of his lounger in the living room but no problem getting up out of his office chair in the office. But we're on day 4 since his discharge from the hospital so I won't get concerned yet. I won't let him go outside to walk yet.

Then it is more Lily still weakness.
The old body went through the ringer. High fever really is draining.
But yes keep in eye on it.

Last edited:
Today is the first day I have needed heating for a week. It has been a very mild December so far. This year has already been the warmest year on record and that is without the December mild spell.
Global warming appears to be looming. The ice caps are melting and taking longer to freeze over in winter.
The great barrier reef is dying because of the sea temperature rising.

We used to have a disk jockey named Stuart Henry who was a prophet of doom, and his catch phrase was.
"The crunch is coming". I think he may be right,.

Say Foxfyre,
Did they ever do a 2nd blood test for a hidden 2nd infection once the 1st one was knocked out by drugs?
That's what they caught in this last UTI hubby had.

Today is the first day I have needed heating for a week. It has been a very mild December so far. This year has already been the warmest year on record and that is without the December mild spell.
Global warming appears to be looming. The ice caps are melting and taking longer to freeze over in winter.
The great barrier reef is dying because of the sea temperature rising.

We used to have a disk jockey named Stuart Henry who was a prophet of doom, and his catch phrase was.
"The crunch is coming". I think he may be right,.

Well I hope you are well Dajjal and I am always pleased when you drop in the Coffee Shop. I don't know whether England appreciates the mild winter, but I sure don't mind it when we aren't subjected to really cold weather. For every mild winter we have like this one it seems we have another that is abnormally cold. So who knows?

But discussion of global warming is one of those issues on which there is broad disagreement and I know your beliefs are just as heartfelt as anybody else's. But because some get contentious in discussions of that topic, they are best done on the environmental or political threads.

Right now I am looking at the copay for Hombre's hospital stay after Medicare and our supplemental insurance have paid everything else. That is our crunch time reality. But at least we have the money to pay it. We'll just have to give up something else that would be a lot more fun. :)

Say Foxfyre,
Did they ever do a 2nd blood test for a hidden 2nd infection once the 1st one was knocked out by drugs?

I am sure they did Peach. They said they wanted to identify every possible source of infection. He had x-rays, Ct scans, ultra sounds, blood tests every day, and some blood cultures that took days to incubate and of course urine samples. I can't imagine they missed anything.

Say Foxfyre,

I am sure they did Peach. They said they wanted to identify every possible source of infection. He had x-rays, Ct scans, ultra sounds, blood tests every day, and some blood cultures that took days to incubate. I can't imagine they missed anything.

Then more than likely it's weakness.
Thats a good thing, he is getting well, it's just gonna take him some time. :)

Say Foxfyre,

Other than of course he wants the weakness to go away, they did discover he had gained a lot of weight above what he thought he weighed. So he and I are on a diet--he's getting plenty of calories to keep his strength up--as I need to lose some pounds too. Right now he is being very cooperative and I have my fingers crossed that will continue after he is fully independent again.

Say Foxfyre,

Other than of course he wants the weakness to go away, they did discover he had gained a lot of weight above what he thought he weighed. So he and I are on a diet--he's getting plenty of calories to keep his strength up--as I need to lose some pounds too. Right now he is being very cooperative and I have my fingers crossed that will continue after he is fully independent again.

Get yourselves a Nutribullet RX
The recipit for their Citrus slimmer
2 cups fresh spinich leaves
1/2 cup grapefruit sections
1small orange
4 med. Strawberrirs
3/4 cup rasberrirs
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
2cups water.

This combo works great at eating away stored body fat.
Hubby has lost over 25 lbs so far. :)

Say Foxfyre,

Get yourselves a Nutribullet RX
The recipit for their Citrus slimmer
2 cups fresh spinich leaves
1/2 cup grapefruit sections
1small orange
4 med. Strawberrirs
3/4 cup rasberrirs
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
2cups water.

This combo works great at eating away stored body fat.
Hubby has lost over 25 lbs so far. :)

It tastes good when served cold.
Not so hot at room temp. but still drinkable. :)

News update.
The son in law just called us to get the scoop on things
He will be here tomorrow.
I feel so sorry for the poor man, so much he has to deal with when he gets back.:(
I do hope he kills that male goat and gives the meat to Lil, she could use it, being a widow now.
She does like having the Geese, ducks and chickens.
She can make some extra income by selling the eggs to the local feed store.
The good thing to come out of this lama drama err... goat drama :), is the goat helped Lillian to push back the bigger problems for a few days with something else to worry abut till he got back.
Now the 2 of them can help each other.

Christmas 1968. Now, 1968 itself was a year that contained too much history. The Tet Offensive, the Czechoslovakian uprising, assassinations, riots in Chicago. The year was weary by the time we hit Christmas. But what a Christmas!

The Apollo 8 astronauts orbited the moon and read from Genesis while my family, all but your humble narrator, fell ill with the Hong Kong flu. I was about to turn 12, but the care of my family made me feel ten years older. Mom, Pop and my little brother were all down with the flu and I was the only one in the house capable of fetching orange juice, hot tea, cold compresses and buckets to my stricken family.

I called my sainted Uncle Alex and told him our supplies were running low. Could he please bring us tissues, toilet paper, milk, juice, decongestants, and Lysol. Uncle Alex obliged, but he left the groceries at the foot of the driveway fearing that he too might come down with the dreaded bug. Remember how they lowered food to the leper colony in the movie Ben Hur? I gathered everything up and went about my charges with the fervency and deliberate manner of Clara Barton.

Apollo 8 splashed down successfully and the astronauts were duly celebrated for their feat. I got everyone back on their feet by New Year's Eve. We all watched the ball drop in Times Square by the light of our old Muntz Black and White TV. We made a thank you call to Uncle Alex for his generosity, but we failed to cite his reluctance to come in to the Big House.

Of course the flu ran its way through the family and lingered just long enough to put me down just before my 12th birthday in January. No birthday party, but some much appreciated time off school.

OK... Lori got in touch. It seems that the band came highly recommended by a band (John and Jacob) we had a while back. They are based in Birmingham and had set up a tentative date to play at Doc's on a Friday (6 months ago) and a bigger venue on the next night. The gig at the large venue fell through and we left it at, "Next time you're in town" Well, they will be in town next Friday and we will have another big deal band in the house for about 1/5 of what they will earn the next night. We will have to boost the hell out of this, but we should have quite a party.
OOps I got their home town wrong. Titanium Blue is out of St Louis,

Aqualung, right?

From that album but it's "Locomotive Breath"

Yep!
As soon as they did the intro I knew it was Locomotive Breath.
Dang they are good!
Almost if not better in some parts than Jethro Tull. :)
He's just as good on the flute.

I can't think of Jethro Tull's band as a blues band though they are included in the blues rock genre. I can't think of Jethro Tull without thinking of Oscar in "Armageddon". He's going through some sort of physical/mental evaluation at NASA before they are launched to destroy the oncoming asteroid, and he says something like, "What I can't stand is somebody who thinks Jethro Tull is just another guy in the band." And the NASA guy says, "Who is Jethro Tull?" Oscar is incredulous of course.

I know Jethro Tull is a band, but I couldn't name a song or listen to a song and know it is a Tull song.

This was on my Facebook and I thought it was a great picture. They are trying to sell the shirt, and the pic might be photoshopped, but....
For our Game of Thrones fans:
13882549_310074912671394_3113320685969020630_n.jpg

OOps I got their home town wrong. Titanium Blue is out of St Louis,

Aqualung, right?

Yep!
Dang they are good!

I can't think of Jethro Tull's band as a blues band though they are included in the blues rock genre. I can't think of Jethro Tull without thinking of Oscar in "Armageddon". He's going through some sort of physical/mental evaluation at NASA before they are launched to destroy the oncoming asteroid, and he says something like, "What I can't stand is somebody who thinks Jethro Tull is just another guy in the band." And the NASA guy says, "Who is Jethro Tull?" Oscar is incredulous of course.

I know Jethro Tull is a band, but I couldn't name a song or listen to a song and know it is a Tull song.

My husband is the same way.
Just not much into music, but likes to listen to it.

While we were living in San Diego people kept accusing him of being one of the ZZ Topp members, especially when he has sun glasses on.
He would say who?
I would laugh and say to them, yes he does doesn't he. :)
I had to explain it to him. :)

Last edited:
Saturday and Sun. afternoon went much better thanks to the cattle prod.

I fell asleep on the couch Sat. night.
Got into the deep nrem state and Hubby couldn't wake me up to take my pill at 10:00 p.m.
He grabbed my big toe and twisted and I was startled awake.
I hit the back of the couch with my left elbow and did an uppercut with my right fist. Good Lord! what a rude awakeing. :biggrin:
So, I wasn't able to get back to sleep for a few hours. :)
I will hear from my friend today as to when her son inlaw gets back.
If any are interested I let you know what he does with them.

Yes estermoon it's funny!! :)
But he knew before he married me that I had a blackbelt in Karate, which I got while in my 20's.
It's also why I was into the maritial arts films of the 70's. :)
I married the one I'm still with when I was 30.
I made sure my ex would never beat me or choke me ever again.
It's also why he was down by my feet when he woke me up and made sure the blanket was wrapped around my feet. :lmao:

Last edited:
Aqualung, right?

Yep!
Dang they are good!

My husband is the same way.
Just not much into music, but likes to listen to it.

While we were living in San Diago people kept accusing him of being one of the ZZ Topp members, especially when he has sun glasses on.
He would say who?
I would laugh and say to them, yes he does doesn't he. :)
I had to explain it to him. :)

ZZ Top, I can name songs from them. Sharp Dressed Man, Legs.....no other titles off the top of my head, but I know their music well enough. My father is a fan, so I heard plenty of their music through him, not to mention when I was young and MTV was big, ZZ Top had videos that got played regularly. Jethro Tull, on the other hand, is just not a band I've had much exposure to.

I'm certainly into music, but not that genre. ;)

Saturday and Sun. afternoon went much better thanks to the cattle prod.

I fell asleep on the couch Sat. night.
Got into the deep nrem state and Hubby couldn't wake me up to take my pill at 10:00 p.m.
He grabbed my big toe and twisted and I was startled awake.
I hit the back of the couch with my left elbow and did an uppercut with my right fist. Good Lord! what a rude awakeing. :biggrin:
So, I wasn't able to get back to sleep for a few hours. :)
I will hear from my friend today as to when her son inlaw gets back.
If any are interested I let you know what he does with them.

Yes estermoon its funny!! :)
But he knew before he married me that I had a blackbelt in Karate, which I got while in my 20's.
It's also why I was into the maritial arts films of the 70's. :)
I married the one I'm still with when I was 30.
I made sure my ex would never beat me or choke me ever again.
It's also why he was down by my feet when he woke me up and made sure the blanket was wrapped around my feet. :lmao:

Rusty my cat learned the hard way lesson of never wake mommy up.

Reason I held off correcting Gracie as she was half right. I immediately knew it was locomotive breath, but the song being played came from Aqualung... I was fortunate enough to see Tull playing "Passion Play". Maybe one of my least favorite albums the band produced, but was a great experience anyway...

Ian Anderson invested into fish (Salmon) farming in England later in life...

Forum List

Back