USMB Coffee Shop IV

Been snowing here since about 1030 this morning. Redskins aren't playing good football today. Hope the Packers play better. Another bit of news... I just ordered myself a new 27 inch 5K iMac on-line. Santa won't disappoint me this year!
Sometimes ya just gotta supplement ole Santa Claus... :lol:

Got out the winter windows for three of our doors, late breakfast is done, trash bagged up and laundry will be finished soon. Then I need to unpack the Yukon of landscape tools and reload with winter gear. Hopefully I can track down a snow blower and get my customers all cleaned out. Our snow storm is suppose to go into the mid evening, so I may have to delay that. Which leaves me with getting the tree up and lights strung.
Woke up this morning to 60+ degrees and bright sunshine....... :D

:talktothehand:

Got out the winter windows for three of our doors, late breakfast is done, trash bagged up and laundry will be finished soon. Then I need to unpack the Yukon of landscape tools and reload with winter gear. Hopefully I can track down a snow blower and get my customers all cleaned out. Our snow storm is suppose to go into the mid evening, so I may have to delay that. Which leaves me with getting the tree up and lights strung.
Woke up this morning to 60+ degrees and bright sunshine....... :D

:talktothehand:
It's mid 70s right now........ :D

A few minutes ago we had a heavy wind gust, suddenly all the cats were inside looking out........ :lol:

Packers are kicking butt but #12 playing hurt. They shouldn't let players who are hurt continue to play. It's just wrong.

Hoping to continue our list of collective good news with this post. The pneumonia seems to be giving up all be it a slow process. My two broken ribs feel great. There was a set back yesterday, last night I was in the kitchen and had a coughing spell. Pretty sure I broke a rib on the bottom right side, maybe just a really bad muscle pull.

We have snow here, so I have to figure out how to shovel snow without lifting the shovel too much. :)
Have you considered a snow blower? They make clearing snow much nicer than using "Manuel labor".
Even better when they're mounted on the front of a large John Deere lawn tractor.
Wayulll...my Deere isn't quite a lawn tractor, but I gar-run-tee, she'll gitrdun when it comes to clearing snow.
My JD X720 Ultimate is the biggest lawn tractor JD makes up to the compact tractors. Still it has quad hydraulics, active PTO, locking differential, power steering, tilt wheel, full gauges, full lights, and what not. It's a beast. No snow it won't move that falls around here. Put a dent in the finances but, I've always believed that you get what you pay for...

20161211_142624_zpst8roumec.jpg
I guess it's all a matter of scale. I don't have a garden, but I do have a couple hundred acres of birch and spruce forest that needs...umm, "cultivation". My JD looks something like this:
th8HRNFZ3V.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Well, it's freeze yer nuts cold here, or if you don't have the requisite equipment to freeze your nuts, the cold will bring out the roses on all four cheeks. It's been 1-3 degrees F most of the day. The good news is, there's not wind to speak of, so we aren't suffering wind chill.

Well, it's freeze yer nuts cold here, or if you don't have the requisite equipment to freeze your nuts, the cold will bring out the roses on all four cheeks. It's been 1-3 degrees F most of the day. The good news is, there's not wind to speak of, so we aren't suffering wind chill.

But no snow? Don't you sort of need the winter snow to keep the fire hazard down?

At least you should be helping Chris feel a bit better about her weather.

Managed to get my list of tasks completed today. Kind of my first weekend back from pneumonia, so I hope I didn't over do. My ribs were good and my other side must be a muscle pull. It is stiff now but not uncomfortable. Unfortunately tomorrow is just as busy, get off all the snow from the dealership vehicles, plow the lot, move vehicles back, shovel my customers drives and sidewalks and dump my trailer load of brush. Why does it get dark so early?

Quickie driveby....we are enjoying our "human day" right now (Sunday is motel day and night), took our showers, just finished watching the mid season finale of The Walking Dead (I know it's bad of me, but I love negan) and I am comfy in my double bed and Mrg is comfy in his, so it's night night time cuz we have the motel to wake us at 8am so we can hit the road for our 2.5 hour drive to check out the room/house sitting gig. Then it is 2.5 hours back again...gonna be a long day.

Wish us luck!

I'll holler atcha all when we get back here on the coast to let you guys know how it all went down...sometime around 5ish is when we
be back.

Hugs

Hugs

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Quickie driveby....we are enjoying our "human day" right now (Sunday is motel day and night), took our showers, just finished watching the mid season finale of The Walking Dead (I know it's bad of me, but I love negan) and I am comfy in my double bed and Mrg is comfy in his, so it's night night time cuz we have the motel to wake us at 8am so we can hit the road for our 2.5 hour drive to check out the room/house sitting gig. Then it is 2.5 hours back again...gonna be a long day.

Wish us luck!

I'll holler atcha all when we get back here on the coast to let you guys know how it all went down...sometime around 5ish is when we
be back.

Hugs

Hugs

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Fingers crossed this is the one that works!

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo,
Hombre for wellness,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Sunset over Annapolis Naval Academy
f41dff83718740986bc818d6d4532355.jpg

Hoping to continue our list of collective good news with this post. The pneumonia seems to be giving up all be it a slow process. My two broken ribs feel great. There was a set back yesterday, last night I was in the kitchen and had a coughing spell. Pretty sure I broke a rib on the bottom right side, maybe just a really bad muscle pull.

We have snow here, so I have to figure out how to shovel snow without lifting the shovel too much. :)
Have you considered a snow blower? They make clearing snow much nicer than using "Manuel labor".
Even better when they're mounted on the front of a large John Deere lawn tractor.
Wayulll...my Deere isn't quite a lawn tractor, but I gar-run-tee, she'll gitrdun when it comes to clearing snow.
My JD X720 Ultimate is the biggest lawn tractor JD makes up to the compact tractors. Still it has quad hydraulics, active PTO, locking differential, power steering, tilt wheel, full gauges, full lights, and what not. It's a beast. No snow it won't move that falls around here. Put a dent in the finances but, I've always believed that you get what you pay for...

I guess it's all a matter of scale. I don't have a garden, but I do have a couple hundred acres of birch and spruce forest that needs...umm, "cultivation". My JD looks something like this:
View attachment 101663
PhotoBucket was acting up, double loaded my pic, deleted one and it just had to be the one I used a link to. As far as a garden, I've worked and slaved over gardens for years but I'm done. If it's not one thing it's another around here that just makes it not worth it. There's huge farmers markets around here, and a farm that has a real nice little produce stand about a mile and a half away so, I need a couple nice fat home grown tomatoes or peppers or cucumbers or whatever, I'll just go buy them.

20161211_142624_zps5gf1vui4.jpg

Yeah looks like you have a utility tractor. I've looked at quite a few of them because I have things that need doing that I could really use a bucket and a backhoe, big time. Seems like around here though if you're going to get one that isn't beat to crap and has 4 wheel drive, you're looking at like $25G's on up. I'd just buy it, use it, then sell it.

Last edited:

View attachment 101663
PhotoBucket was acting up, double loaded my pic, deleted one and it just had to be the one I used a link to. As far as a garden, I've have worked and slaved over gardens for years but I'm done. If it's not one thing it's another around here that just makes it not worth it. There's huge farmers markets around here, and a farm that has a real nice little produce stand about a mile and a half away so, I need a couple nice fat home grown tomatoes or peppers or cucumbers or whatever, I'll just go buy them.

Yeah looks like you have a utility tractor. I've looked at quite a few of them because I have things that need doing that I could really use a bucket and a backhoe, big time. Seems like around here though if you're going to get one that isn't beat to crap and has 4 wheel drive, you're looking at like $25G's on up. I'd just buy it, use it, then sell it.

Our property now never needs anything like that but when we did long ago, we just hired somebody to come do it.

Good morning everybody. Woke up temps above freezing again, unusual for mid December, and we'll have a pleasant day again today. Temps return to normal for us in a few days though.

Our Cowboys lost last night. Sigh. But they had a heck of a run with the second string quarterback who is probably now the first string quarterback.

Noted that we're due for the year's best meteor display on Tuesday night, but much of the country will have cloud cover and it will be diminished by another super moon for the rest of us. But oh well. As the world turns and all that.

Gotta go fix Hombre and me some breakfast. He is much better but still has some weakness so I'm not letting him do much. This was the most sick he has ever been in his entire life and he is taking orders (from me) surprisingly well. I'm enjoying that part while it lasts. :)

View attachment 101663
PhotoBucket was acting up, double loaded my pic, deleted one and it just had to be the one I used a link to. As far as a garden, I've worked and slaved over gardens for years but I'm done. If it's not one thing it's another around here that just makes it not worth it. There's huge farmers markets around here, and a farm that has a real nice little produce stand about a mile and a half away so, I need a couple nice fat home grown tomatoes or peppers or cucumbers or whatever, I'll just go buy them.

Oh and you probably didn't read back far enough to know that GW's new baby (tractor) is named "Hozilla." :)

Good morning everybody. Woke up temps above freezing again, unusual for mid December, and we'll have a pleasant day again today. Temps return to normal for us in a few days though.

Our Cowboys lost last night. Sigh. But they had a heck of a run with the second string quarterback who is probably now the first string quarterback.

Noted that we're due for the year's best meteor display on Tuesday night, but much of the country will have cloud cover and it will be diminished by another super moon for the rest of us. But oh well. As the world turns and all that.

Gotta go fix Hombre and me some breakfast. He is much better but still has some weakness so I'm not letting him do much. This was the most sick he has ever been in his entire life and he is taking orders (from me) surprisingly well. I'm enjoying that part while it lasts. :)

Thats great news Foxfyre!

Saturday and Sun. afternoon went much better thanks to the cattle prod.

I fell asleep on the couch Sat. night.
Got into the deep nrem state and Hubby couldn't wake me up to take my pill at 10:00 p.m.
He grabbed my big toe and twisted and I was startled awake.
I hit the back of the couch with my left elbow and did an uppercut with my right fist. Good Lord! what a rude awakeing. :biggrin:
So, I wasn't able to get back to sleep for a few hours. :)
I will hear from my friend today as to when her son inlaw gets back.
If any are interested I let you know what he does with them.

Saturday and Sun. afternoon went much better thanks to the cattle prod.

I fell asleep on the couch Sat. night.
Got into the deep nrem state and Hubby couldn't wake me up to take my pill at 10:00 p.m.
He grabbed my big toe and twisted and I was startled awake.
I hit the back of the couch with my left elbow and did an uppercut with my right fist. Good Lord! what a rude awakeing. :biggrin:
So, I wasn't able to get back to sleep for a few hours. :)
I will hear from my friend today as to when her son inlaw gets back.
If any are interested I let you know what he does with them.

You are ready to fight when woken up! :lol:

Forum List

Back