USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good Morning, Everybody!

images

I hear you. my stress levels at work have been through the roof the last few weeks. not eating well myself and I'm paying the price.

Same here guys. I have had to step up my real job and am finding little time for play or relaxation, between that one and this one, so I have to let this one go. Very time consuming here but what a great staff. Tourist season brings on more demands but combined with this responsibility at USMB, leaves no room for play...you know...fun and games ...:thup: CK should get me out of blue by tomorrow, I am hoping.
people don't realize how much effort it takes to moderate or admin a site. especially a site with the traffic of this one and the strict adherence to rules. I admin a site today
but it is much lower volume and we have restricted registration. and I'm sure there are a number of people here who abuse the report system, adding to that load. hopefully someone else who cares will be willing to step up to the plate.
Yes it sure is a job here, and time consuming. But there was a time when mods didn't have to adhere to any sort of behavior policy. They could just be themselves and return insults as they saw fit. Then c_k put an end to that and made a rule that mods can't personally insult members. That's when I said, "so you want to take an already tedious and thankless, volunteer job, and then take away our freedom of speech? Well then, you can UNmod me."

I fully understand AA's decision.

Last edited:
When I get in a funk, my appetite is the first to go. Eventually my taste buds will return. For now...I am not eating much but I am still getting my vitamins with my morning Ensure drink.

I wish I had that problem. When I get into a funk, I usually graze the 'fridge way too often and eat unmentionable junk. I've been working on that lately, but the temptation is strong.

I'm usually never in a funk... but, that was me yesterday. When there's more than one lose end that's bothering me, that can cause a funk. I hate it when some things seem to be out of hand and I can't fix it immediately. Then my problem too can be grazing the fridge and cupboards. I don't have bad junk food in the house, no cakes, cookies, chips, dip, pop, that sort of thing, but even if you over do on nuts, salad, toast and honey, hotdogs, salsa, etc., over doing is over doing. You shouldn't eat it if you don't need it.

Last edited:
I can't even fathom what it feels like ... :eusa_think:

Dear [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION] - with great sorrow in my, uh, what's that called, oh yeah, heart, I can tell you that I also sometimes lose my appetit.
I feel your pain, Stat. I've been there as well, however I tend to eat more when I feel down. You heard the saying how some folks drink to drown their sorrows, well I just eat instead ... :)

Well I'll tell ya what, Jug... every time I see that nice, big, bouncing Whopper in your sig line, it makes me hungry... :lol:

Good thing there isn't a fast food restaurant in this town.

And an engineer determines that the glass is the wrong size then designs an appropriately sized glass.

And a man with his own water well figures the water has been in there too long, dumps it out and fills the glass to the top with fresh, cold well water.

A person with a steak dumps it out for wine and sees his glass half full. And the bottle now half empty

I have had some very stressful business days and frankly, have not eaten well. Grabbing something that looks half-way edible at a big train station is not exactly good nutrition.

Back to fruits and veggies. Right after my chocolate chip cookie.

:D

I hear you. my stress levels at work have been through the roof the last few weeks. not eating well myself and I'm paying the price.

Same here guys. I have had to step up my real job and am finding little time for play or relax between that one and this one, so I have to let this one go. Very time consuming here but what a great staff. Tourist season brings on more demands but combined with this responsibility at USMB, leaves no room for play...you know...fun and games ...:thup: CK should get me out of blue by tomorrow, I am hoping.

You have to do what is best for yourself, AA.

Welcome back to Peonland! :smiliehug:

Dear [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION] - with great sorrow in my, uh, what's that called, oh yeah, heart, I can tell you that I also sometimes lose my appetit.
I feel your pain, Stat. I've been there as well, however I tend to eat more when I feel down. You heard the saying how some folks drink to drown their sorrows, well I just eat instead ... :)

Well I'll tell ya what, Jug... every time I see that nice, big, bouncing Whopper in your sig line, it makes me hungry... :lol:

That wouldn't stop me, I'd just drive over to the next town. The manager there would know me by name ... :D

Come to think of it ... you have a good business opportunity in your town, 007. A fast food restaurant there would have a monopoly, and draw in business. A good strategy is to determine which fast food restaurants are located within the adjoining towns, and then open up one which isn't. For instance if the adjoining towns have a KFC and McDonald's, but no Burger King, then a Burger King would be a good idea.

That wouldn't stop me, I'd just drive over to the next town. The manager there would know me by name ... :D

Come to think of it ... you have a good business opportunity in your town, 007. A fast food restaurant there would have a monopoly, and draw in business. A good strategy is to determine which fast food restaurants are located within the adjoining towns, and then open up one which isn't. For instance if the adjoining towns have a KFC and McDonald's, but no Burger King, then a Burger King would be a good idea.

Jughead, you're not fooling anyone....you just want another fast food restaurant in 007's area in case you are ever in that area............:D

We had these yesterday....today, it's cereal and whatever you can find in the pantry...:eusa_whistle:

th

We had these yesterday....today, it's cereal and whatever you can find in the pantry...:eusa_whistle:

th

That looks good.

I generally skip breakfast. Once I eat it's like a valve opens up and I am never want to stop. Woe is me :lol:

Jughead, you're not fooling anyone....you just want another fast food restaurant in 007's area in case you are ever in that area............:D
Ahemm ... cough ... cough ... but think of the jobs it would create ... :D

Ahemm ... cough ... cough ... but think of the jobs it would create ... :D

He COULD go the smart way, and be profitable with less stress, and just have automation, instead. Smiling, friendly, robots....:lol:

Forum List

Back