USMB Coffee Shop IV

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally made it back from the Docs in Denver, other than a slight hiccup the cancer did not spread and they go it all. :thup: :eusa_clap:
The slight hiccup is a mild infection, most likely due to blood pooling in a pocket at the lower end of the incision. Antibiotics and more rest then they'll see her next week.
I'm gonna veg for a while, that's a lot of driving for me in two days. Too bad, I used to be able to drive for 8 hours straight, play for 8 hours, sleep for 4 hours then drive 8 hours back. This gettin' old is for the birds!

Crossing my hooks and hoping the additional rest will put paid to the infection and you and Mrs. Ringel will find some peace, for once.

th

I finally found something. 1 hotdog again. Burned. On one slice of bread folded over.

Meanwhile...I am stressing about tomorrow. Teeth cleaning. Dentist time. New dentist to boot. Who also does the teeth cleaning herself. Oy. I hate dentists. My teeth are extremely sensitive and its torture every time I go. Plus, I have to drive 30 miles away just to have it done. Double oy.

At times like this, I do miss the xanax. I will just smoke my brains out instead I guess. And take mouth wash with me so I don't knock the dentist over.

When I get in a funk, my appetite is the first to go. Eventually my taste buds will return. For now...I am not eating much but I am still getting my vitamins with my morning Ensure drink.

I wish I had that problem. When I get into a funk, I usually graze the 'fridge way too often and eat unmentionable junk. I've been working on that lately, but the temptation is strong.

My problem is I don't get in a funk anymore like I used to. I've gotten to the stage where something has to be really mega debilitating for me to lose my appetite over it....when I was younger I was that way....if I was upset over something I couldn't eat...now....eating is more important...:D

I have had some very stressful business days and frankly, have not eaten well. Grabbing something that looks half-way edible at a big train station is not exactly good nutrition.

Back to fruits and veggies. Right after my chocolate chip cookie.

:D

I hear you. my stress levels at work have been through the roof the last few weeks. not eating well myself and I'm paying the price.

Same here guys. I have had to step up my real job and am finding little time for play or relax between that one and this one, so I have to let this one go. Very time consuming here but what a great staff. Tourist season brings on more demands but combined with this responsibility at USMB, leaves no room for play...you know...fun and games ...:thup: CK should get me out of blue by tomorrow, I am hoping.

Oh no....we like you in blue.....:(

Just received word that my Daughter Angie passed away.

later.....

Oh Ollie, there are no words. She has been on our vigil list and I know a deep concern of yours for so very long now. I wish there was something we could do for you other than just stand and wait. My prayers and strongest caring are with you.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
Ollie and family in the passing of his daughter, Angie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I'm not depressed "funked". I am just...not my usual. Don't know what brought it on. Maybe the stupid ass weather. One day its gorgeous, the next I am hunkered over my heater. Hell, I dunno. Just not hungry lately. I'll snap out of it. I always do. :)

Just received word that my Daughter Angie passed away.

later.....

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

May God grant you the peace that passes all understanding.

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning, everyone, and a good Thursday to you. In light of Ollie's family news from last night, I won't be publishing coffee funnies today - it doesn't seem quite right to me.

The MEDICAL PERSONNEL drinking coffee series does continue, but just in one posting today.

stock-footage-doctor-drinking-coffee-and-using-cellphone-at-night.jpg

That's a stock photo, but a pretty accurate description of what doctors go through after a long day of trying to save lives.

-and-​

pic_male2.jpg

Those are real medical personnel from Workforce planning (our workforce)

[MENTION=38085]Noomi[/MENTION]

-and-

photo-678baf4180687d835d6d1006027456f52c9663ed-s6-c30.jpg

(From left): Maria Torres and Maria Menendez drink Cuban coffee in Miami. Both are nurse practitioners at the San Juan Bosco Clinic.

From this link:

Cuban Coffee Brand May Pour Into Mainstream : NPR

Have a good one, folks.

I'm not depressed "funked". I am just...not my usual. Don't know what brought it on. Maybe the stupid ass weather. One day its gorgeous, the next I am hunkered over my heater. Hell, I dunno. Just not hungry lately. I'll snap out of it. I always do. :)

Wishing you the best, Gracie. I dunno, I'm not there, but it sounds like a deep blue funk to me. Maybe you need to do something today that is radically different than your normal schedule.

Forum List

Back