USMB Coffee Shop IV

Jughead, you're not fooling anyone....you just want another fast food restaurant in 007's area in case you are ever in that area............:D
Ahemm ... cough ... cough ... but think of the jobs it would create ... :D

He COULD go the smart way, and be profitable with less stress, and just have automation, instead. Smiling, friendly, robots....:lol:
Well, Jug has a pretty good idea, and I think this town would support a fast food restaurant. Decades ago there was a A&W and we always stopped there. Now there's a self car wash. There's McDonald's and KFC and Dairy Queen and Pizza Hut and all those in neighboring towns but no Burger King. Bummer too, that's my favorite because of the flame broiled burgers. Other than that, I guess Carl's Junior is the tops. But, I am retired, and I'm sure a fast food restaurant would take a lot of time and dedication to get up and running. More than I'm willing to pour into something at this point in my life. I'm not married to a woman, and I don't want to be married to a job either...
puzzled-21.png

He COULD go the smart way, and be profitable with less stress, and just have automation, instead. Smiling, friendly, robots....:lol:
Well, Jug has a pretty good idea, and I think this town would support a fast food restaurant. Decades ago there was a A&W and we always stopped there. Now there's a self car wash. There's McDonald's and KFC and Dairy Queen and Pizza Hut and all those in neighboring towns but no Burger King. Bummer too, that's my favorite because of the flame broiled burgers. Other than that, I guess Carl's Junior is the tops. But, I am retired, and I'm sure a fast food restaurant would take a lot of time and dedication to get up and running. More than I'm willing to pour into something at this point in my life. I'm not married to a woman, and I don't want to be married to a job either...
puzzled-21.png

24/7.

Burger King is my fave, too, because of the flame broiled burgers. I like that flavor. I'm due for one any day now. Once a year, but am going to wait for this HUGE holiday to be over, first.

We had these yesterday....today, it's cereal and whatever you can find in the pantry...:eusa_whistle:

th

That looks good.

I generally skip breakfast. Once I eat it's like a valve opens up and I am never want to stop. Woe is me :lol:

Most important meal of the day!

And actually, I've read that skipping breakfast can lead to more eating through the day. Don't ask me why, I don't remember. I always like to eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

Oh. you mean like going to the scarey new dentist at 1:30pm? lol

Believe me I understand. Nobody hates the dentist more than I do or gets more uptight about the prospect of going. And I bet I have had more dental stuff done than any of you. But gotta do it. And then it's done. And then the cloud lifts and you feel wonderful that it's all over for another six months.

puzzled-21.png

24/7.

Burger King is my fave, too, because of the flame broiled burgers. I like that flavor. I'm due for one any day now. Once a year, but am going to wait for this HUGE holiday to be over, first.

AA, I feel the strong, no, the absolute pressing need to tell you how much I admire your patriotic avi:

Now, these are the things that get a man's patriotic juicies flowing.

Thank you. Men all over the world thank you.

:D

Good morning everybody. I woke up this morning thinking about Ollie and wishing so much there was something to do. My heart hurts for him. He'll get through it like he does everything else, but it just feels like he shouldn't have to. So many of us have lost loved ones over the years the Coffee Shop has been going, but it never gets easier. Most especially when it is a spouse or a child.

Meanwhile, our house guest leaves this morning, and I need to get the Senior Saints newsletter out today and then get ready for the new house guests arriving for the weekend.

Jughead, you're not fooling anyone....you just want another fast food restaurant in 007's area in case you are ever in that area............:D

You never can tell, robots may indeed be the way of the future. The bottom line is profit, and if we can save money by using robots, then it's a good idea. Would be even better if we can save maintenance costs on the robots by having other robots handle the maintenance ... :thup:

What's everyone doing tomorrow?

We have a parade in town tomorrow morning that we are going to.
Then we are coming back home and having grilled steaks and watch a pay per view movie or maybe two.
If it doesn't rain tomorrow night we will have fire works.
We are right on schedule for our monsoon season this year.

puzzled-21.png

24/7.

Yup, Burger King, or as 007 mentioned, Carl's Jr. I used to go to Carl's Jr all the time in Oklahoma, problem is they don't have Carl's Jr in every state. I also like Whataburger, and the sourdough Jack burger at Jack-In-The-Box.

Just received word that my Daughter Angie passed away.

later.....

Our deepest sympathies from our family to your family as well as our prayers.

Yes, and from myself, Ollie, the same sentiment. I can't imagine the loss you are having to grieve. How lovely you and she had love for as many years as you did. Now, may your memories bring you company and peace, knowing your daughter is at rest, at last.

Love you, sweetheart,

AquaAthena

And an engineer determines that the glass is the wrong size then designs an appropriately sized glass.

And a man with his own water well figures the water has been in there too long, dumps it out and fills the glass to the top with fresh, cold well water.

I have been designing my own life, most all of my life and in so doing, have seen my glass as full. :thup: It may not have always been the easy way, but it is the only way, for someone like me. And when your glass is full, you have so much more to share with others. Win/win.

We had these yesterday....today, it's cereal and whatever you can find in the pantry...:eusa_whistle:

th

That looks good.

I generally skip breakfast. Once I eat it's like a valve opens up and I am never want to stop. Woe is me :lol:

I never have an appetite in the morning, but I force myself to eat something because I hate the mid morning grumbles leading up to lunch. I won't invest any time during the work week in preparing anything, so it's something on the run like a breakfast bar. I've even done a spoonful of peanut butter with a milk chaser.:D

And an engineer determines that the glass is the wrong size then designs an appropriately sized glass.

And a man with his own water well figures the water has been in there too long, dumps it out and fills the glass to the top with fresh, cold well water.

I have been designing my own life, most all of my life and in so doing, have seen my glass as full. :thup: It may not have always been the easy way, but it is the only way, for someone like me. And when your glass is full, you have so much more to share with others. Win/win.

Perception is everything. Some don't have two nickels to rub together but they never feel poor so they aren't. It's crazy but how you view things is exactly how they turn out to be!

Perception is everything. Some don't have two nickels to rub together but they never feel poor so they aren't. It's crazy but how you view things is exactly how they turn out to be!

So true. More often than not, I believe that happiness is a choice.

And today's history lesson is for our resident Anglophiles and those of Scottish ancestry:

On this day in history, July 3, 1996, the Stone of Scone was returned to Scotland.

The Stone of Scone weighs 336 pounds, a Latin cross its decoration, and was associated with the crowning of Scottish kings and was encased in the coronation chair. When Edward I of England invaded Scotland in 1296, the stone was taken, and eventually incased in a coronation chair in Westminster Abbey, symbolic that English kings also ruled Scotland.

According to one Celtic legend the stone was once the pillow upon which the patriarch Jacob rested at Bethel when he beheld the visions of angels. From the Holy Land it purportedly traveled to Egypt, Sicily, and Spain and reached Ireland about 700 bc to be set upon the hills of Tara, where the ancient kings of Ireland were crowned. Thence it was taken by the Celtic Scots who invaded and occupied Scotland. About ad 840 it was taken by Kenneth MacAlpin to the village of Scone.

Attached to the stone in ancient times was allegedly a piece of metal with a prophecy that Sir Walter Scott translated as

Unless the fates be faulty grown
And prophet’s voice be vain
Where’er is found this sacred stone
The Scottish race shall reign.

stone_1627396a.jpg

So true. More often than not, I believe that happiness is a choice.

Agreed. Mind over matter

Forum List

Back