USMB Coffee Shop IV

I have been designing my own life, most all of my life and in so doing, have seen my glass as full. :thup: It may not have always been the easy way, but it is the only way, for someone like me. And when your glass is full, you have so much more to share with others. Win/win.

Perception is everything. Some don't have two nickels to rub together but they never feel poor so they aren't. It's crazy but how you view things is exactly how they turn out to be!

So true. More often than not, I believe that happiness is a choice.

And I believe we create our choices...:thup: But for many, perception IS reality and that applies to myself as well, often. I tend to create my perceptions, though, too. lol. It all comes down to what my siggie says, through the wisdom of Anais Nin.

Good morning everybody. I woke up this morning thinking about Ollie and wishing so much there was something to do. My heart hurts for him. He'll get through it like he does everything else, but it just feels like he shouldn't have to. So many of us have lost loved ones over the years the Coffee Shop has been going, but it never gets easier. Most especially when it is a spouse or a child.

Meanwhile, our house guest leaves this morning, and I need to get the Senior Saints newsletter out today and then get ready for the new house guests arriving for the weekend.

Foxy, sounds to me like it would be less work to just open a B&B plus you could write off hiring someone to come in and clean as a business expense. Then there is the taxi service. You could write off payments for your new car.

All these ideas for new business opportunities are contagious!

I feel your pain, Stat. I've been there as well, however I tend to eat more when I feel down. You heard the saying how some folks drink to drown their sorrows, well I just eat instead ... :)

Well I'll tell ya what, Jug... every time I see that nice, big, bouncing Whopper in your sig line, it makes me hungry... :lol:

Good thing there isn't a fast food restaurant in this town.
That wouldn't stop me, I'd just drive over to the next town. The manager there would know me by name ... :D

Come to think of it ... you have a good business opportunity in your town, 007. A fast food restaurant there would have a monopoly, and draw in business. A good strategy is to determine which fast food restaurants are located within the adjoining towns, and then open up one which isn't. For instance if the adjoining towns have a KFC and McDonald's, but no Burger King, then a Burger King would be a good idea.
Guess what, Jug? As soon as that BK opened, the other three corners would soon have a Wendys, a Hardees and a Whataburger, a Cracker Barrel and an Outback.

We had these yesterday....today, it's cereal and whatever you can find in the pantry...:eusa_whistle:

th

That looks good.

I generally skip breakfast. Once I eat it's like a valve opens up and I am never want to stop. Woe is me :lol:

I never have an appetite in the morning, but I force myself to eat something because I hate the mid morning grumbles leading up to lunch. I won't invest any time during the work week in preparing anything, so it's something on the run like a breakfast bar. I've even done a spoonful of peanut butter with a milk chaser.:D

I can go quite a while after waking before I eat breakfast but I can't miss it or I will end up with a migraine. :dunno: What I have noticed is the correlation between what I eat and the mid morning munchies. If I have my usual toast and whatever for breakfast I will end up snacking on fruit before lunch time. On the other hand if I make myself an omelette with tomatoes, onions and cheese then I never get the munchies.

Good morning everybody. I woke up this morning thinking about Ollie and wishing so much there was something to do. My heart hurts for him. He'll get through it like he does everything else, but it just feels like he shouldn't have to. So many of us have lost loved ones over the years the Coffee Shop has been going, but it never gets easier. Most especially when it is a spouse or a child.

Meanwhile, our house guest leaves this morning, and I need to get the Senior Saints newsletter out today and then get ready for the new house guests arriving for the weekend.

Foxy, sounds to me like it would be less work to just open a B&B plus you could write off hiring someone to come in and clean as a business expense. Then there is the taxi service. You could write off payments for your new car.

TE, baby, there is no such thing as less work, when you are self-employed. It is all work, for even when you aren't at work, you are worrying about work, bills, employees, overhead, weather....and so much more.

Perception is everything. Some don't have two nickels to rub together but they never feel poor so they aren't. It's crazy but how you view things is exactly how they turn out to be!

So true. More often than not, I believe that happiness is a choice.

And I believe we create our choices...:thup: But for many, perception IS reality and that applies to myself as well, often. I tend to create my perceptions, though, too. lol. It all comes down to what my siggie says, through the wisdom of Anais Nin.

We pick our own drama and belief systems from either the options presented to us by society or ones we invent. Reality doesn't adapt to our drama so tension develops where our dramas and reality don't jive. IMHO of course.

Well I'll tell ya what, Jug... every time I see that nice, big, bouncing Whopper in your sig line, it makes me hungry... :lol:

That wouldn't stop me, I'd just drive over to the next town. The manager there would know me by name ... :D

Come to think of it ... you have a good business opportunity in your town, 007. A fast food restaurant there would have a monopoly, and draw in business. A good strategy is to determine which fast food restaurants are located within the adjoining towns, and then open up one which isn't. For instance if the adjoining towns have a KFC and McDonald's, but no Burger King, then a Burger King would be a good idea.
Guess what, Jug? As soon as that BK opened, the other three corners would soon have a Wendys, a Hardees and a Whataburger, a Cracker Barrel and an Outback.

True and all that would being even more business to hers. The gas stations on every 4- corner road proves this. It brings more business to the area.

Last edited:
We had these yesterday....today, it's cereal and whatever you can find in the pantry...:eusa_whistle:

th

That looks good.

I generally skip breakfast. Once I eat it's like a valve opens up and I am never want to stop. Woe is me :lol:

I never have an appetite in the morning, but I force myself to eat something because I hate the mid morning grumbles leading up to lunch. I won't invest any time during the work week in preparing anything, so it's something on the run like a breakfast bar. I've even done a spoonful of peanut butter with a milk chaser.:D

Peanut butter is supposed to be very good for you....:)

Yup, you are 100% correct, Hossfly. A good place for fast food restaurants is next to malls, schools, and other fast food restaurants. It tends to draw in the crowds. So some competition at times wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

However, depending on the population count in that town, a second fast food restaurant may not be a good thing. One strategy is to try and obtain a location at a busy area or an area with a high school nearby. However, the key is to also make sure that there is no other available location, or any other lot or property for sale around the vicinity. Once you are confident that there is no other space available for any competitor, then would be a good idea to purchase the franchise.

That looks good.

If I was stranded on a deserted island for a month, and could only have one food, I'd easily survive with just jars of peanut butter.:banana:

That looks good.

Cashew or almond butter are also good! More expensive though and I prefere plain old peanut butter.

Even with chicken. Skip the Take-Out: Peanut Butter Chicken Recipe

That looks good.

Yes indeed. One of my favorite mid morning snacks is a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.

banana-peanut-butter-sandwich.jpg

TE, baby, there is no such thing as less work, when you are self-employed. It is all work, for even when you aren't at work, you are worrying about work, bills, employees, overhead, weather....and so much more.

Well there is some truth to that, as I have been self-employed and/or working straight commission (no benefits) for almost all of the last 30 years. And it does take great personal discipline to walk away from it all now and then and do something else because you find yourself not wanting to get away from it along with knowing that time off for other things is also time off from making any money at all.

But I did very much enjoy getting to write off a lot of stuff that is now not tax deductible since we pretty much mothballed the company. I even thought about continuing expenses for an inactive business but I would have to manufacture and report non existent income to deduct them from, and that just got way too complicated. :)

I know, I was just busting Foxy because she is such a sweetie and always doing things for everyone else. :)

And to show my appreciation of her and everyone else here in the CS;

Nicepic8.jpg

Oh. you mean like going to the scarey new dentist at 1:30pm? lol

Believe me I understand. Nobody hates the dentist more than I do or gets more uptight about the prospect of going. And I bet I have had more dental stuff done than any of you. But gotta do it. And then it's done. And then the cloud lifts and you feel wonderful that it's all over for another six months.

All of this dental talk today is giving me the willies...

Well, Mediacom has been here and gone, my internet is on FIRE and the DVR function has been enabled for TV, the kitchen is spotless, vacuuming done, been in and out of the shower, guess I'll head outside and mow lawn AGAIN. Been growing like crazy with these almost daily rain showers. I don't mind, the grass is just luxurious thick and green, really looks nice. After that, time for a ride on the HOG... :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back