USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. I woke up this morning thinking about Ollie and wishing so much there was something to do. My heart hurts for him. He'll get through it like he does everything else, but it just feels like he shouldn't have to. So many of us have lost loved ones over the years the Coffee Shop has been going, but it never gets easier. Most especially when it is a spouse or a child.

Meanwhile, our house guest leaves this morning, and I need to get the Senior Saints newsletter out today and then get ready for the new house guests arriving for the weekend.

Foxy, sounds to me like it would be less work to just open a B&B plus you could write off hiring someone to come in and clean as a business expense. Then there is the taxi service. You could write off payments for your new car.

All these ideas for new business opportunities are contagious!

TE, baby, there is no such thing as less work, when you are self-employed. It is all work, for even when you aren't at work, you are worrying about work, bills, employees, overhead, weather....and so much more.
Plus a B&B operater, generally a wife and husband hardly ever gets a day off or a vacation. Just like farmers and ranchers. Not easy jobs.

I have been designing my own life, most all of my life and in so doing, have seen my glass as full. :thup: It may not have always been the easy way, but it is the only way, for someone like me. And when your glass is full, you have so much more to share with others. Win/win.

Perception is everything. Some don't have two nickels to rub together but they never feel poor so they aren't. It's crazy but how you view things is exactly how they turn out to be!

So true. More often than not, I believe that happiness is a choice.

If you're really sad, try smiling just a little and then a little more. Happiness becomes the habit.

I don't mean in a creepy way at a funeral or anything but I believe you can practice being happy.

Foxy, sounds to me like it would be less work to just open a B&B plus you could write off hiring someone to come in and clean as a business expense. Then there is the taxi service. You could write off payments for your new car.

All these ideas for new business opportunities are contagious!

TE, baby, there is no such thing as less work, when you are self-employed. It is all work, for even when you aren't at work, you are worrying about work, bills, employees, overhead, weather....and so much more.
Plus a B&B operater, generally a wife and husband hardly ever gets a day off or a vacation. Just like farmers and ranchers. Not easy jobs.

Depends on where you open your B&B.

Up in the New England area you can have a B&B near the coast and be a snowbird. :D

By the way, I hope you folks in North Carolina and points north are keeping up with the weather? Looks like Hurricane Arthur may be taking dead aim at you. Keep a weather eye out.

I was not keeping up until about an hour ago when the sky opened up. Now they're saying a possible cat 2. We will be right on the edge.

I realized that the other night when I was, for the first time in 10 weeks, actually in a thread, playing, and then realized how much I miss being free to do that. So we are going to BRING IT!!! :lol: I will have time. :woohoo:

And thank you Welfare Queen. :thup:

You mean the thread where you had the hots for that swish dude ? :lol:

YEAH...THAT ONE....but he is NO swish dude. :crybaby:

[MENTION=22590]AquaAthena[/MENTION]

Ok, my sweet friend...proof that Tim is no swisher.:smiliehug:

img_tim-williams-www-011.jpg

screen_tim-williams-3.jpg

10251985_861872723829428_7346424572923257545_n.jpg

gzsz-interview-tim-williams-stellt-sich-vor.jpg

Same here guys. I have had to step up my real job and am finding little time for play or relaxation, between that one and this one, so I have to let this one go. Very time consuming here but what a great staff. Tourist season brings on more demands but combined with this responsibility at USMB, leaves no room for play...you know...fun and games ...:thup: CK should get me out of blue by tomorrow, I am hoping.
people don't realize how much effort it takes to moderate or admin a site. especially a site with the traffic of this one and the strict adherence to rules. I admin a site today
but it is much lower volume and we have restricted registration. and I'm sure there are a number of people here who abuse the report system, adding to that load. hopefully someone else who cares will be willing to step up to the plate.
Yes it sure is a job here, and time consuming. But there was a time when mods didn't have to adhere to any sort of behavior policy. They could just be themselves and return insults as they saw fit. Then c_k put an end to that and made a rule that mods can't personally insult members. That's when I said, "so you want to take an already tedious and thankless, volunteer job, and then take away our freedom of speech? Well then, you can UNmod me."

I fully understand AA's decision.

Really.... have you not met Westwall?

I never have an appetite in the morning, but I force myself to eat something because I hate the mid morning grumbles leading up to lunch. I won't invest any time during the work week in preparing anything, so it's something on the run like a breakfast bar. I've even done a spoonful of peanut butter with a milk chaser.:D

Peanut butter is supposed to be very good for you....:)
Yes indeed. One of my favorite mid morning snacks is a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.

banana-peanut-butter-sandwich.jpg

Are you Elvis??!?!?!!!????

Wait. I just realized I may have been talking about something I don't know anything about. (Imagine that on a message board!) But isn't being a 'swish dude' a good thing?

Ackety Oy! (New distress Gracie Word)

45 minutes, I leave for my torture session with the brand new dentist that also does the cleaning. I almost have myself totally freaked out but am chanting often to calm myself as well. 30 minute drive, then telling her what she can and cannot do...then another 30 minute drive back home. However, I might take the other way home and swing through Pismo Beach. Been years since I have been there. No hwy 101 on the way back....I think I will take hwy 1 up thru Shell Beach then Avila Beach, then swing over to 101. Maybe.

I am semi agoraphobic too, so this is going to be a challenge since it is not just a new dentist. Its being OUT THERE...all by myself. Oy. Wish me luck that I don't freak.

Wait. I just realized I may have been talking about something I don't know anything about. (Imagine that on a message board!) But isn't being a 'swish dude' a good thing?

What does swish mean? swish Definition. Meaning of swish. OnlineSlangDictionary.com

Ah, okay. That was what I was originally thinking but then saw this:

17. Swish
Something extremely awesome, impressive and satisfying, much like hearing a swish when you shoot in basketball.

Wow, these shoes are so comfortable and stylish. Pretty damn swish.

Urban Dictionary: swish

What does swish mean? swish Definition. Meaning of swish. OnlineSlangDictionary.com

Ah, okay. That was what I was originally thinking but then saw this:

17. Swish
Something extremely awesome, impressive and satisfying, much like hearing a swish when you shoot in basketball.

Wow, these shoes are so comfortable and stylish. Pretty damn swish.

Urban Dictionary: swish

Well just for AA we can go with stylish. :eusa_silenced:

45 minutes, I leave for my torture session with the brand new dentist that also does the cleaning. I almost have myself totally freaked out but am chanting often to calm myself as well. 30 minute drive, then telling her what she can and cannot do...then another 30 minute drive back home. However, I might take the other way home and swing through Pismo Beach. Been years since I have been there. No hwy 101 on the way back....I think I will take hwy 1 up thru Shell Beach then Avila Beach, then swing over to 101. Maybe.

I am semi agoraphobic too, so this is going to be a challenge since it is not just a new dentist. Its being OUT THERE...all by myself. Oy. Wish me luck that I don't freak.

Gracie, does your dentist allow you to listen to music with headphones?? That can really decrease the stress. If you have an ipod, bring it along.

Yes, it's like a perfect shot. If you're a swish dude, you've got game, swagger..

Gracie, does your dentist allow you to listen to music with headphones?? That can really decrease the stress. If you have an ipod, bring it along.

My dentist has a tv on the wall right in your view when you're laying down. He'll put anything you want on when you're in the chair.

Dentists these days are gentle on purpose. They know what you go through thinking about this stuff. She's just got herself all worked up into a tizzy.

Forum List

Back