USMB Coffee Shop IV

Getting the first rains from Arthur. Supposed to be a low cat 2 when it hits the Outer Banks.

My granddaughters are distraught. Dad has a long weekend and they were planning on going to Carolina Beach. When my daughter mentioned the place, a flood of high school memories came hurtling back. I used to range from Morehead to Myrtle Beach when I was in high school. We particularly liked a place called "The Cave" on Carolina Beach.
Too bad, the trip will have to be postponed.

"The Cave"? Sounds kind off shady...:lol:

Gracie, does your dentist allow you to listen to music with headphones?? That can really decrease the stress. If you have an ipod, bring it along.

My dentist has a tv on the wall right in your view when you're laying down. He'll put anything you want on when you're in the chair.

Dentists these days are gentle on purpose. They know what you go through thinking about this stuff. She's just got herself all worked up into a tizzy.

My dentist has an enormous music collection that he's ripped into MP3s. He sets it on random plan so the mix is very eccentric. Heavy metal - country - broadway musical - disco and on and on. And his little dog runs around the office...it's rather startling when he starts licking one's hand when one is getting one's teeth cleaned.

You sure it's the dog ?:eek:

24/7.

Burger King is my fave, too, because of the flame broiled burgers. I like that flavor. I'm due for one any day now. Once a year, but am going to wait for this HUGE holiday to be over, first.
Yup, Burger King, or as 007 mentioned, Carl's Jr. I used to go to Carl's Jr all the time in Oklahoma, problem is they don't have Carl's Jr in every state. I also like Whataburger, and the sourdough Jack burger at Jack-In-The-Box.

I used to like Roy Rogers, are they even around any more? One of the best commercials ever was from Roy Rogers:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeU8GKNsrzU]Funny Bear Commercial - YouTube[/ame]
yup, Roy Rogers restaurants are still around. They are all located in the north east, PA, NY, NJ... Good place to stop when you're on the road. They have some of the best fried chicken you'll ever taste.

Gracie, does your dentist allow you to listen to music with headphones?? That can really decrease the stress. If you have an ipod, bring it along.

My dentist has a tv on the wall right in your view when you're laying down. He'll put anything you want on when you're in the chair.

Dentists these days are gentle on purpose. They know what you go through thinking about this stuff. She's just got herself all worked up into a tizzy.

My dentist has an enormous music collection that he's ripped into MP3s. He sets it on random plan so the mix is very eccentric. Heavy metal - country - broadway musical - disco and on and on. And his little dog runs around the office...it's rather startling when he starts licking one's hand when one is getting one's teeth cleaned.

They want you to have a good experience. So many are scared to death to go.

I usually just try to zone out when I'm getting drilled.

That's what she said...I am so sorry, but I couldn't resist.:D

Well, I survived it. I am just...gobsmacked. And not in a good way. I need to process this.

ok. Where to start. Hmm.
I was left sitting there for an hour. Then she came in and put the thingy over my chest cuz she wanted xrays. Then she got sidetracked and I sat there with that heavy thing on me for another half an hour. She finally did 4 xrays of the back teeth only. She said i had 3 cavities. Soon as she said that, she said I needed snap ons. I was like wtf? What do snap ons have to do with anything??? Then she said she didn't want to clean my teeth if I was going to get dentures. I asked who mentioned dentures? And she said I had a lot of restorations in my teeth (fillings) and I said of course I do...I am trying to save my teeth. She said teeth can only take so many restorations before there is no base to restore them on so I should think about dentures. Um. Ok. Deer in headlights look. I said I was there for a cleaning. She said medi-cal only pays for light cleaning and she wants to do a deeper cleaning becuase the black spots on my back teeth might be just tartar and she can get them off...but that costs 113.00 up front. But..but..I am on medi-cal dental. She said it didn't matter cuz they don't pay for what SHE wants to do and again..its "only 113.00". Cash.
Red flags are waving. I asked if the xrays showed cavities. Then she says she isn't sure. They could be just spotty tartar and she won't know until she digs into them...which is only 113 bucks, cash.
Then she says if it is not cavities, then I should consider snap ons. I said why have snap ons over teeth that are having a problem? I am not interested in snap ons. She said ok...but she doesn't want to make an appt to clean my teeth for the low price of 113 bucks CASH if I am going to go with dentures. Again..i said I had no thoughts of dentures..I was there for a CLEANING. Which brough her back to the low low fee of 113 bucks CASH.

So...I am now totally frustrated. I called my old dentist and he said get my butt in there, bring what cash I can and he will do xrays and look at my teeth and tell me what HE thinks. So that is what I'm gonna do.

Oy.

And...she never did clean my teeth.
My old dentist just called and said he called her and asked for copies of the xrays she did today and she said no problem...she would be more than happy to for the low low fee of 25 bucks paid in advance. Oy.

Getting the first rains from Arthur. Supposed to be a low cat 2 when it hits the Outer Banks.

My granddaughters are distraught. Dad has a long weekend and they were planning on going to Carolina Beach. When my daughter mentioned the place, a flood of high school memories came hurtling back. I used to range from Morehead to Myrtle Beach when I was in high school. We particularly liked a place called "The Cave" on Carolina Beach.

[MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION] it was supposed to make landfall at Carolina Beach but it took it's northeast turn and now it's supposed to hit Atlantic Beach/Topsail Island/Surf City. Raleigh TV showed Carolina Beach about an hour ago and the winds are picking up.

ok. Where to start. Hmm.
I was left sitting there for an hour. Then she came in and put the thingy over my chest cuz she wanted xrays. Then she got sidetracked and I sat there with that heavy thing on me for another half an hour. She finally did 4 xrays of the back teeth only. She said i had 3 cavities. Soon as she said that, she said I needed snap ons. I was like wtf? What do snap ons have to do with anything??? Then she said she didn't want to clean my teeth if I was going to get dentures. I asked who mentioned dentures? And she said I had a lot of restorations in my teeth (fillings) and I said of course I do...I am trying to save my teeth. She said teeth can only take so many restorations before there is no base to restore them on so I should think about dentures. Um. Ok. Deer in headlights look. I said I was there for a cleaning. She said medi-cal only pays for light cleaning and she wants to do a deeper cleaning becuase the black spots on my back teeth might be just tartar and she can get them off...but that costs 113.00 up front. But..but..I am on medi-cal dental. She said it didn't matter cuz they don't pay for what SHE wants to do and again..its "only 113.00". Cash.
Red flags are waving. I asked if the xrays showed cavities. Then she says she isn't sure. They could be just spotty tartar and she won't know until she digs into them...which is only 113 bucks, cash.
Then she says if it is not cavities, then I should consider snap ons. I said why have snap ons over teeth that are having a problem? I am not interested in snap ons. She said ok...but she doesn't want to make an appt to clean my teeth for the low price of 113 bucks CASH if I am going to go with dentures. Again..i said I had no thoughts of dentures..I was there for a CLEANING. Which brough her back to the low low fee of 113 bucks CASH.

So...I am now totally frustrated. I called my old dentist and he said get my butt in there, bring what cash I can and he will do xrays and look at my teeth and tell me what HE thinks. So that is what I'm gonna do.

Oy.

And...she never did clean my teeth.
My old dentist just called and said he called her and asked for copies of the xrays she did today and she said no problem...she would be more than happy to for the low low fee of 25 bucks paid in advance. Oy.

Yup, I've seen that kind of "predatory" dentistry more than once. You should have a state Dental regulatory agency, I'd at least talk to them, they may already have numerous complaints listed with this person/clinic.

th

Yup, Burger King, or as 007 mentioned, Carl's Jr. I used to go to Carl's Jr all the time in Oklahoma, problem is they don't have Carl's Jr in every state. I also like Whataburger, and the sourdough Jack burger at Jack-In-The-Box.

I used to like Roy Rogers, are they even around any more? One of the best commercials ever was from Roy Rogers:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeU8GKNsrzU]Funny Bear Commercial - YouTube[/ame]
yup, Roy Rogers restaurants are still around. They are all located in the north east, PA, NY, NJ... Good place to stop when you're on the road. They have some of the best fried chicken you'll ever taste.
Popeyes, Jug. Nobody beats Popeyes.

Funny Bear Commercial - YouTube
Popeyes, Jug. Nobody beats Popeyes.
It's a toss-up between Popeye's and Church's, Hossfly. Both are tops.

[MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION] it was supposed to make landfall at Carolina Beach but it took it's northeast turn and now it's supposed to hit Atlantic Beach/Topsail Island/Surf City. Raleigh TV showed Carolina Beach about an hour ago and the winds are picking up.

Dang, those names are like a walk through memory lane for me. We used to cut school to surf at Topsail.

They want you to have a good experience. So many are scared to death to go.

That sounds like a horrible experience to me. I don't want your dog licking my hand when you're messing around in my mouth! :lol:

I think I would prefer the dog licking than what this new dentist did. Something tells me she will not be staying my new dentist.

Anyone here have dentures? The kind you spit out in a jar. I am now musing on whether I SHOULD consider getting some. Getting older now and if I am going to continue getting 3 cavities every 6 months due to the meds I am taking and having dry mouth..maybe it is something to ponder.

What's it like having dentures? Those who have them...do you wish you didn't? Do you love them? Do tell!

Anyone here have dentures? The kind you spit out in a jar. I am now musing on whether I SHOULD consider getting some. Getting older now and if I am going to continue getting 3 cavities every 6 months due to the meds I am taking and having dry mouth..maybe it is something to ponder.

What's it like having dentures? Those who have them...do you wish you didn't? Do you love them? Do tell!

I've cared for numerous clients with dentures, and it's not that fun. Using the pink paste doesn't taste well, and they can fall out. If they fall and break, they're not cheap. You typically clean them in a glass of warm water with a dissolving wafer. Bacteria get into and smell up dentures moreso than natural teeth. You can't use water that's too hot or cold when cleaning them. Most of my clients hated them, because they either hurt, lost their hold, or broke. You're limited, I think, on what you can eat, too, like steak.

Upper dentures usually don't give people problems but lower dentures have lots of problems. The lower gum shrinks and won't hold the denture well. I had to have two posts implanted to snap the dentures onto. The drilling into the bone was about the most painful thing I ever experienced. Pure agony for two weeks till the bone healed. Try to keep your lower teeth as long as possible.

Forum List

Back