USMB Coffee Shop IV

And if you happen to have speakers like these... which... I realize I might be odd man out... (I wish everyone were music lovers)... this is a head thumper...

20140704_014012_zps8b583caa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
And if you happen to have speakers like these... which... I realize I might be odd man out... (I wish everyone were music lovers)... this is a head thumper...

20140704_014012_zps8b583caa.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRftXCiqfQ8

Now, why are you thumping your head against that speaker?!?!?!

You are gonna hurt that speaker!!!

:lol:

Those are my little party speakers in the man cave. My serious stuff is in the house in the theater.
I run those with my baby Onkyo TX-NR626... ya, I have my laptop plugged into it right now HDMI having fun... you see it says "PC"...

20140704_015351_zps490b825d.jpg

Last edited:
Having my back cracked does not sound like my idea of a good time...I shudder when I hear people crack their knuckles.

This guy is really good and he knows what he is doing. It's a family business that has been going strong for more than 40 years. His father and mother started the business and he is taking it over. Outstanding therapist.

:thup:

Ackety Oy! (New distress Gracie Word)

45 minutes, I leave for my torture session with the brand new dentist that also does the cleaning. I almost have myself totally freaked out but am chanting often to calm myself as well. 30 minute drive, then telling her what she can and cannot do...then another 30 minute drive back home. However, I might take the other way home and swing through Pismo Beach. Been years since I have been there. No hwy 101 on the way back....I think I will take hwy 1 up thru Shell Beach then Avila Beach, then swing over to 101. Maybe.

I am semi agoraphobic too, so this is going to be a challenge since it is not just a new dentist. Its being OUT THERE...all by myself. Oy. Wish me luck that I don't freak.

I'm a little late to the game, but next time you have to go to the dentist, take a tube of Baby Ora-Jel with you. Make sure you cut the inner tip off before you leave the house! Then, once the torture session is over and you're back in the car you can squirt it all through your mouth and feel much better. Always worked for me.

Anyone here have dentures? The kind you spit out in a jar. I am now musing on whether I SHOULD consider getting some. Getting older now and if I am going to continue getting 3 cavities every 6 months due to the meds I am taking and having dry mouth..maybe it is something to ponder.

What's it like having dentures? Those who have them...do you wish you didn't? Do you love them? Do tell!

There's good and bad. First, you have to get the real teeth pulled. Not exactly a laugh riot but the pain wears off after a few days. Have lots of pudding, clear soup, ice cream, baby food, soft mashed-up foods handy, you'll be eating them for a couple of weeks.

They make dentures now that go in the same day you have your teeth pulled. That means before you get your teeth pulled you go to the dentist and get latex molds made of your mouth. Not good tasting. There may be some gagging.

The new dentures have this soft plastic layer that cushions your gums and creates a better fit. Problem is that the layer wears off and you have to get a new one put in every few months. In between visits you'll be using more and more denture adhesive, and the dentures will become somewhat uncomfortable. After a year your gums will have finished shrinking and a permanent inner layer can go in.

Then it's all good. No more toothaches, no more cleanings or fillings or root canals. You can eat anything, apples, caramels, corn on the cob, whatever. And your smile is always movie star perfect!

american-coffee-patriot.jpg

Wishing you all a great 4th of July Holiday, and TGIF all rolled into one!!!

Today, the role of coffee in our nation's struggle for Independence:

The Role of Coffee in American Independence Shade Grown and Fresh Roasted Coffee Beans and Ground Coffee : Rogers Family Coffee

A New National Drink

Coffee was eagerly embraced by the patriots of the day as it showed a symbolic rejection of the English practice of drinking tea. This sentiment became so pervasive that Coffee was declared the National Drink of the Colonized United States by the Continental Congress.

Coffee remained popular, but it was the embargo of the tea trade by Britain following the War of 1812 that cemented America’s relationship with daily coffee. During this time coffee became a part of American Culture that has endured to today.

Also, Thomas Jefferson himself had something to say about coffee, the black brew, java exquisite:

coffee.jpg

And his role in teaching Americans of his time how to cook coffee:

How Thomas Jefferson Pioneered the Tomato, Championed Urban Farming, and Taught Americans to Make Coffee | Brain Pickings

On one measure of the coffee ground into meal pour three measures of boiling water.

boil on hot ashes lined with coal till the meal disappears from the top, when it will be precipitated.

pour in three times through a flannel strainer.

it will yield 2 1/3 measures of clear coffee.

an ounce of coffee meal makes 1 ½ cup of clear coffee in this way.

the flannel must be rinsed out in hot or cold water for every making.

Cool....

:thup:

Some vid getting posted now on My last Nieces wedding.

No, I am not on the dance floor, but I was caught on the video. Can't see Me very well, but I'm the guy by the bar with the tie and dapper hat just before the end.

BTW...that photo booth turned out to be the biggest hit. What a fantastic idea it turned out to be. Some real naughty photos made into that wedding book! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Some vid getting posted now on My last Nieces wedding.

No, I am not on the dance floor, but I was caught on the video. Can't see Me very well, but I'm the guy by the bar with the tie and dapper hat just before the end.

BTW...that photo booth turned out to be the biggest hit. What a fantastic idea it turned out to be. Some real naughty photos made into that wedding book! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWOIP6RzsU

How cool Darkwind. I now have a visual of you when you post. Super neat. I have to ask though, what is the ethnic origin of your family? I was thinking maybe Greek? Indian? It sure looked like a party I would have enjoyed. :)

Forum List

Back