USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. I'm again on a dead run finishing up that newsletter, changing beds in advance of the next wave arriving tomorrow, and putting on finishing touches. Some of the local family is getting together to grill burgers later today. But it's all good.

Just reading over at least most of the posts yesterday evening, my goodness a lot of you were up in the wee hours this morning? Insomnia? Or just partying?

Anyhow I think there is no reason to do a 'on this day in History' segment since we all know what happened on this day in history. :) So. . .

108833.gif

Will finish up getting the RV ready for it's maiden voyage later today and will be hitting the road early tomorrow morning. Mrs. BBD will be marching in the 4th of July parade that our American Legion Post leads every year. I will be taking photos of the big event. Fireworks at sundown. Nice weather here today. Good day to toss some burgers on the grill...

Good morning everybody. I'm again on a dead run finishing up that newsletter, changing beds in advance of the next wave arriving tomorrow, and putting on finishing touches. Some of the local family is getting together to grill burgers later today. But it's all good.

Just reading over at least most of the posts yesterday evening, my goodness a lot of you were up in the wee hours this morning? Insomnia? Or just partying?

Anyhow I think there is no reason to do a 'on this day in History' segment since we all know what happened on this day in history. :) So. . .

108833.gif

On this day in history, back in the wee hours of the morning on July 4th, my dear old Mama went to the hospital because I was trying to be born a little early. I caused her problems until July 6th when I couldn't stand it any longer and made my way into the world. I was a premie and only weighed a tad over 2 pounds when I was born. Anyway, she gave me excellent care and it all began way back in 1951 when the world would be changed forever. That's today's "On this day in history" segment.

Some vid getting posted now on My last Nieces wedding.

No, I am not on the dance floor, but I was caught on the video. Can't see Me very well, but I'm the guy by the bar with the tie and dapper hat just before the end.

BTW...that photo booth turned out to be the biggest hit. What a fantastic idea it turned out to be. Some real naughty photos made into that wedding book! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWOIP6RzsU

How cool Darkwind. I now have a visual of you when you post. Super neat. I have to ask though, what is the ethnic origin of your family? I was thinking maybe Greek? Indian? It sure looked like a party I would have enjoyed. :)
It may be a bit misleading. My wife's kids were 5, 7 & 9 when we hooked up, so I don't call them step-daughter, step-son....I raised them so I feel as if they are My own. My oldest Daughter was the official photographer for the wedding and was the one taking the video you watched. My wife and her sisters are 100% Italian. Well, New York Italian. I'm not sure of the ethnicity of previous husband, but he too looks to be Italian. Myself, I'm Scottish/German with a touch of American Indian. My first wife was Italian too now that I think about it, so My biological sons are also. My grandchildren range from Italian to Spanish to Mexican.

At that wedding reception, we had a mix of Indian (The country India), Persian, Puerto Rican, Italian, and of course....Pennsylvanian Redneck!

:badgrin::D

Some vid getting posted now on My last Nieces wedding.

No, I am not on the dance floor, but I was caught on the video. Can't see Me very well, but I'm the guy by the bar with the tie and dapper hat just before the end.

BTW...that photo booth turned out to be the biggest hit. What a fantastic idea it turned out to be. Some real naughty photos made into that wedding book! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MWOIP6RzsU

How cool Darkwind. I now have a visual of you when you post. Super neat. I have to ask though, what is the ethnic origin of your family? I was thinking maybe Greek? Indian? It sure looked like a party I would have enjoyed. :)
It may be a bit misleading. My wife's kids were 5, 7 & 9 when we hooked up, so I don't call them step-daughter, step-son....I raised them so I feel as if they are My own. My oldest Daughter was the official photographer for the wedding and was the one taking the video you watched. My wife and her sisters are 100% Italian. Well, New York Italian. I'm not sure of the ethnicity of previous husband, but he too looks to be Italian. Myself, I'm Scottish/German with a touch of American Indian. My first wife was Italian too now that I think about it, so My biological sons are also. My grandchildren range from Italian to Spanish to Mexican.

At that wedding reception, we had a mix of Indian (The country India), Persian, Puerto Rican, Italian, and of course....Pennsylvanian Redneck!

Ah, I should have thought of Italian too. You guys are as much mutts as we are with our English, Scotch Irish, French, Austrian European origins mingled with Italian, Spanish, Mexican, American Indian and no doubt a number of other ethnicities mixed in. Theme parties look like the United Nations. :)

Ah, I should have thought of Italian too. You guys are as much mutts as we are with our English, Scotch Irish, French, Austrian European origins mingled with Italian, Spanish, Mexican, American Indian and no doubt a number of other ethnicities mixed in. Theme parties look like the United Nations. :)
Yep. My family and My extended family pretty much covers the entire spectrum of ethnicity. My brother has been dating a girl from Columbia for about 5 years, and I found out about two months ago that they married. She is smokin` hot and way too good for his sorry ass....I have yet to meet her as I haven't talked with My brother for over a year due to his being an asshole an all......:eusa_shifty:

Oh, I forgot that at the reception, the Brides friends also consisted of an African-American lass and her boyfriend (the guy on the dance floor who was very short with the beard) who is a redneck. Don't ask as I haven't figured out what she sees in him either. lol

Last edited:

Is that why we have so much muttitude in our national character? :D

And if you happen to have speakers like these... which... I realize I might be odd man out... (I wish everyone were music lovers)... this is a head thumper...

20140704_014012_zps8b583caa.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRftXCiqfQ8

I am THE music lover. And that speaker looks like something I would like to hear on high. Meanwhile, I settle for my stereo, surround-sound Logitech computer speakers and a sub-woofer. A remote control is used for volume from any room. These babies will blow your windows out when turned to about 5. On high, they will blow a person out through the windows and into the forest. The bass is so fantastic. I love these computer speakers. Worth every penny of the $500. they cost 6 years ago. :thup: They and Pandora, rock my world any time I am online and off, though when online they are turned to low. Woot Woot....:D

With credit to Hombre's cousin who lives in Grand Prairie TX, our friends in the west, upper midwest, and east may or may not get this. But I bet all our folks from the south will :):

If you are from the South:

A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.
There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in the South.
There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in the South, plus a couple no one's seen before.
If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.
Onced and Twiced are words.
It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy!
Jawl-P? means, Did you all go to the bathroom?
People actually grow, eat and like okra.
Fixinto is one word. It means I'm going to do that.
There is no such thing as lunch. There is only dinner and then there's supper.
Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar. It is referred to as the Wine of the South.
Backwards and forwards means I know everything about you.
The word jeet is actually a question meaning, 'Did you eat?'
You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH em.
Ya'll is singular. All ya'll is plural.
All the festivals across the south are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or
animal.
You carry jumper cables in your car - for your OWN car.
You only own five spices: salt, pepper, mustard, Tabasco and ketchup.
The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports, the motor sports, and gossip.
Everyone you meet is a Honey, Sugar, Miss(first name) or Mr.(first name)
You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
You know what a hissyfit is..
Fried catfish is the other white meat.
We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive!!!

Its a sad realization.

If you loose your parents, you are an orphan.
If you loose your spouse you are a widow or widower.

There is no name for a parent who looses a child.

Because there are no words that can competently express the feeling of losing a child.

Is it weird to have a cup of hot cocoa in the middle of summer?? I mean, you guys drink hot coffee all the time, right??:D

0007092047436_500X500.jpg
Just saw a piece on the news that scientists claim hot drinks in summer cools you down better than cold drinks. Hell, the Army was saying that in 1957 when I went thru basic training. That was 57 years ago. I've been drinking hot tea and coffee ever since. I'm one cool dude. :D

Forum List

Back