USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay, starting to get warm outside. Monday, Tues and Wednesday were overcast and quite chilly yesterday and today are getting up into the 90s......
Might have to kick on the swamp cooler again like yesterday only to turn it off in a couple of hours when the t-storms move through.

For Benson being a small town we had a real beautiful parade today.
They usually always do. :)
It wasn't all that hot - 83 so it was especially nice and no rain. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most years it gets up to 100 or more so this was really nice and something rare for us.

brats_zpsba2f4af7.jpg

After 90 minutes plus 4 minutes overtime:

Deutschland 1: Frankreich 0

Germany goes into the Semi-Finals!!!!!

http://i

:thup:[/quote]

Congratulations to Germany. Once the USA was eliminated, I am now free to root for Germany without reservation. :)[/QUOTE]
Same here! If it wasn't for Germany, we wouldn't have the hamburger.

Here ya go [MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION]... say howdy to my brothers for me...

images_zpsa4960381.jpg

Uhhh, not real sure I know them... but if I happen to bike across them, I'll relay the "hi"!

I'll be watching fireworks with a few of them I've known for decades later tonight. It helps to know them, much easier to stay on their good side.

I have to say, bikers are not what they once were, if they were ever quite that bad. When one of my SIL's fellow soldiers was brought home to be laid to rest, the Westboro Baptist freaks showed up. Well, so did many bikers wearing their colors. The bikers lined the road to the cemetery and blocked any "unassigned" parking. Needless to say, the WB's are cowards of the worst sort. At least they were unable to disrupt the sad event of honoring a fallen hero. My daughter sent me pics, she was pretty amused.

It wasn't all that hot - 83 so it was especially nice and no rain. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most years it gets up to 100 or more so this was really nice and something rare for us.

You're in Benson!:eek: I used to have friends in Benson. I spent some time at Ft Huachuca. I loved their riding stables more than any other facility.

You're in Benson!:eek: I used to have friends in Benson. I spent some time at Ft Huachuca. I loved their riding stables more than any other facility.

They still have them.
The public still can ride. They have 2 hr. rides and all day rides where they go up into the mountain and have a chuck wagon lunch.

They still have them.
The public still can ride. They have 2 hr. rides and all day rides where they go up into the mountain and have a chuck wagon lunch.

Do they still let you check out a horse and go out on your own? I still have dreams of those rides. Actually saw a mountain lion while riding once. Of course, you don't want to tell them you are anything but a beginner unless you can truly handle "expert" horses. Some of those horses can be a handful if you don't have a clue, and you are not guaranteed a better mount by claiming to be a better rider.

Coney Island was the scene today of Nathan's annual hot dog eating contest, a popular 4th of July tradition. Joey Chestnut won the contest, polishing off 61 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. He did fall short of his old record of 69 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes which he set last year.

eating-sandwich.gif

They still have them.

Do they still let you check out a horse and go out on your own? I still have dreams of those rides. Actually saw a mountain lion while riding once. Of course, you don't want to tell them you are anything but a beginner unless you can truly handle "expert" horses. Some of those horses can be a handful if you don't have a clue, and you are not guaranteed a better mount by claiming to be a better rider.

Yes they do.
And yes I can ride. I have been riding since I was 12 years old.

They still have them.

Yes they do.

I was about 9 when I started riding. I took lessons at the stables on Camp LeJuene. I had my own horse for a brief time, until my Dad got sent to Viet Nam a third time. My mom didn't want the responsibility, so the horse was sold. I still hope to have a couple of horses, someday. Have you seen these beauties?

Attachments

• $GypsyVanner.jpg
    $GypsyVanner.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
They still have them.

Yes they do.

:clap2: That makes two of us. :woohoo: Thoroughbreds being my favorite to ride, even though they are very high maintenance. Love their height and long legs. Love to gallop bareback. Talk about feeling free.....:thup:

Just saw that Pueblo, Co has an annual Wet Parade that has been around since the 70s. Never knew that. The idea is to get as wet as possible. Looks like fun!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUbvJBCWcAo]Pueblo West Fourth of July parade 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back