USMB Coffee Shop IV

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning, rise and shine, it's Saturday! Hope you all enjoyed the 4th.

This weeks MEDICAL PERSONNEL drinking coffee ends today with:

stock-footage-doctor-working-on-laptop-and-drinking-coffee.jpg

female-doctor-drinking-coffee.jpg

(Stock photos)

Fotolia_20631212_XS1.jpg

(Stock photo)

Do they still let you check out a horse and go out on your own? I still have dreams of those rides. Actually saw a mountain lion while riding once. Of course, you don't want to tell them you are anything but a beginner unless you can truly handle "expert" horses. Some of those horses can be a handful if you don't have a clue, and you are not guaranteed a better mount by claiming to be a better rider.

Yes they do.
And yes I can ride. I have been riding since I was 12 years old.

I was about 9 when I started riding. I took lessons at the stables on Camp LeJuene. I had my own horse for a brief time, until my Dad got sent to Viet Nam a third time. My mom didn't want the responsibility, so the horse was sold. I still hope to have a couple of horses, someday. Have you seen these beauties?

My Grandparents had Clydesdale's on their farm and when I was about 2 1/2 Grandpa put me on the neck of one because I could not straddle his back.
I don't count that as riding though. :D

Yes they do.
And yes I can ride. I have been riding since I was 12 years old.

I was about 9 when I started riding. I took lessons at the stables on Camp LeJuene. I had my own horse for a brief time, until my Dad got sent to Viet Nam a third time. My mom didn't want the responsibility, so the horse was sold. I still hope to have a couple of horses, someday. Have you seen these beauties?

My Grandparents had Clydesdale's on their farm and when I was about 2 1/2 Grandpa put me on the neck of one because I could not straddle his back.
I don't count that as riding though. :D

Horses are magnificent animals. My daughter (she is 7 1/2 years old) is absolutely crazy about horses. And she is not afraid to ride, either.

:thup:

Good morning all. I'm up waaaaaay too early, but needed to be ready to leave on a moment's notice to go get Hombre's sister coming from Arkansas today. She agreed to visit us here in Albuquerque rather than go to the cabin this year so some of her kids will bring her to Pecos NM (about 70 miles ne of here on I-25) where they then turn north to go to the cabin. She'll spend a few days with us and then we'll repeat the process in reverse to get her home.

It is wonderful at the cabin for younger folks, but for us older folks who can't do the serious hiking and climbing stuff anymore, it is just more work than it is worth. And the younger folks don't seem to mind letting us older folk do the work too. :)

So hope everybody is having a great weekend. I was thinking about AA riding bareback. I used to love to do that too when it was a horse I trusted. But then when I was a bit younger than now, riding horseback was one of my most favorite things in the world.

Forum List

Back