USMB Coffee Shop IV

Have a Totally Awesome Day ~~~
How do I post a photo instead of a thumbnail???? Please help ~~

Are you using this >
insertimage.gif

to bring your picture forth?

It's up above in the menu, next to the quote icon.

A warm Coffee Shop welcome to BluesMistress who is joining us in for the first time today. Welcome, welcome. Be sure to read over the OP to get the gist of what we're all about in here, drag up a chair and settle in.

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

images

Hey, [MENTION=27143]BluesMistress[/MENTION] - welcome to the CS!

Psst: You know, if get a little drunk, get on the table and sing something sultry and sexy like "That Old Black Magic" or "Blue Skies", you will probably get a lot of rep!!!

:lol:

(ok, [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION], take it away....)

What? Should I give her a mic? A sound system? A radio station? I can do it ya know. We could even make a record. Step into my studio... :eusa_shifty:

And hey, welcome BM!

Have a Totally Awesome Day ~~~
How do I post a photo instead of a thumbnail???? Please help ~~

I don't think you can integrate a photo into your post unless it's 'hosted' on some other site, which you can then link to. In this case it looks like you uploaded something from your own computer -- as I did last night with the blackberries.

It still kinda works in that we can click on your thumbnail and get the whole big picture in a new tab. But if you want to link to it you'd first have to migrate the photo to a site somewhere like Photobucket or Picasa, and then link to that. Might or might not be worth the trouble.

spam5.jpg

On this day in history, July 5, 1937, Spam, the luncheon meat, is introduced into the market by the Hormel Foods Corporation, but it didn't really catch on then. It would achieve most of its notoriety in WWII as military rations.

Most of the Spam eaten by soldiers was actually government meat that was canned by Hormel and other companies that were under contract to the military. Only a few soldiers received genuine Spam, but it was Spam that they came to know and hate. They felt like they had Spam for every meal and ran out of ways to prepare it. The universal dislike -- they wrote songs about how much they hated the stuff -- probably had less to do with the actual taste of Spam than with how often they were forced to eat it.

Nevertheless, the soldiers brought a taste for Spam home with them. And by prominently featuring the brand name on the packaging and spending lavishly on advertising, Hormel succeeded in making Spam a household product in the United States.
I like Spam. I think I've had just about every flavor they make, and my favorite is bacon.

Think I'll open a can right now and have it with some eggs for brunch.
I like to grill my spam on the BBQ. I usually have it with eggs sunny side up, and some hash browns on the side. Occasionally I will dice up the spam, combine it with egg, green onions, cheddar cheese, and green dell pepper. Once cooked, I'll put the scrambled mixture into a flour tortilla for a nice tasty breakfast burrito. :thup:

spam5.jpg

On this day in history, July 5, 1937, Spam, the luncheon meat, is introduced into the market by the Hormel Foods Corporation, but it didn't really catch on then. It would achieve most of its notoriety in WWII as military rations.

Most of the Spam eaten by soldiers was actually government meat that was canned by Hormel and other companies that were under contract to the military. Only a few soldiers received genuine Spam, but it was Spam that they came to know and hate. They felt like they had Spam for every meal and ran out of ways to prepare it. The universal dislike -- they wrote songs about how much they hated the stuff -- probably had less to do with the actual taste of Spam than with how often they were forced to eat it.

Nevertheless, the soldiers brought a taste for Spam home with them. And by prominently featuring the brand name on the packaging and spending lavishly on advertising, Hormel succeeded in making Spam a household product in the United States.
I like Spam. I think I've had just about every flavor they make, and my favorite is bacon.

Aack! For years, every time I went home to visit, my mom would make baked Spam. She'd plop that cube of fat and gristle onto a baking pan, smother it in brown sugar and ketchup, and bake until "glazed". I gagged it down to be polite every time she made it. I asked her, many years after I had left home why she always made Spam. She thought it was my favorite meal!! I guess my courtesy was convincing.

A warm Coffee Shop welcome to BluesMistress who is joining us in for the first time today. Welcome, welcome. Be sure to read over the OP to get the gist of what we're all about in here, drag up a chair and settle in.

images

Psst: You know, if get a little drunk, get on the table and sing something sultry and sexy like "That Old Black Magic" or "Blue Skies", you will probably get a lot of rep!!!

Yup. It works for Stats every time he does it!!!

Sounds more like you need to unstop the drain.

Yup, I'll check that first but it doesn't back up when running so I'm pretty sure it's the valve. It's the one in my dad's house which my wife and I are trying to buy (the other three brothers want to sell it). It is old, I might just get a new one and have the estate pay for it..... :D

Seems to me if the house isn't sold yet the estate should pay for it as basic maintenance -- unless you want to cut a special "as is" deal.

The estate will pay me to fix it or replace it. I'm the only handy-man in the family so if I say it needs replacing....... :eusa_whistle:

images

What? Should I give her a mic? A sound system? A radio station? I can do it ya know. We could even make a record. Step into my studio... :eusa_shifty:

And hey, welcome BM!

I was actually looking for a different nickname, BM seems so...anal.

spam5.jpg

Aack! For years, every time I went home to visit, my mom would make baked Spam. She'd plop that cube of fat and gristle onto a baking pan, smother it in brown sugar and ketchup, and bake until "glazed". I gagged it down to be polite every time she made it. I asked her, many years after I had left home why she always made Spam. She thought it was my favorite meal!! I guess my courtesy was convincing.
I remember you mentioning that before, and I'll have to admit, pard, that does sound absolutely retched.

I remember you mentioning that before, and I'll have to admit, pard, that does sound absolutely retched.

Mom was not the cook in the family, Dad was. She got points for effort, though. I think I may also have mentioned that I keep a can of Spam in my survival kit. It makes a pretty good fire starter.

spam5.jpg

Considering what the German soldiers were fed during WWII they universally loved spam, thought it was the greatest thing since the greatest thing. (They either captured it or were fed it as prisoners).
Also tons were shipped to the Russians and the Brits who also loved it, many considered it a wartime delicacy. Even Nikita Khruschev conceded that after the Germans overran the Ukraine the Russians would not have been able to feed their army without spam.

spam5.jpg

That's too funny. My mother used to make it too, but I decided when I was on my own that I really didn't like it that much. My husband likes it and has suggested that I get some and make it, but I always forget (on purpose) and it doesn't come up again for a while, if he really wants it, he's going to have to buy it and fix it....:eusa_whistle:

I love me some spam. I'm trying to gain some weight. I grilled the best burgers and hot dogs I've ever eaten. Ate 2 burgers and 3 hot dogs. I'm on my 3rd Shock Top Belgian White. Didn't even give me a little belly and I don't feel stuffed. What in the world?

I love me some spam. I'm trying to gain some weight. I grilled the best burgers and hot dogs I've ever eaten. Ate 2 burgers and 3 hot dogs. I'm on my 3rd Shock Top Belgian White. Didn't even give me a little belly and I don't feel stuffed. What in the world?

Tape worm...
lol-022.gif

Happy Saturday:)

rest.jpg

Why do they have their clothes on? ... :D

Sunburn?? They'll strip down when the sun sets.;)

When I lived in Tampa, I could be in the sun all day and never burn. Took a little while to get to that point, but I'd just get a little more tan.

One of the people I knew from the base had some family come down from PA and we all went to the beach. We tried to tell them that just after an hour in the Tampa sun they were going to burn so better cover up. They didn't listen. They wound up with sun burn so bad, a couple of the kids had blisters the size of quarters. We tried to tell them...
puzzled-21.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back