USMB Coffee Shop IV

Uhhh, not real sure I know them... but if I happen to bike across them, I'll relay the "hi"!

I'll be watching fireworks with a few of them I've known for decades later tonight. It helps to know them, much easier to stay on their good side.

I have to say, bikers are not what they once were, if they were ever quite that bad. When one of my SIL's fellow soldiers was brought home to be laid to rest, the Westboro Baptist freaks showed up. Well, so did many bikers wearing their colors. The bikers lined the road to the cemetery and blocked any "unassigned" parking. Needless to say, the WB's are cowards of the worst sort. At least they were unable to disrupt the sad event of honoring a fallen hero. My daughter sent me pics, she was pretty amused.

Even with a 1%'er club like the Outlaws, if you just treat them like normal people, you're not going to have a problem. Get a smart mouth or give them attitude, that will definitely invoke a response.

10441181_510155839085491_5288227829024710562_n.jpg

I'll bet that cop is pissed. :lol:

Dagnabit! Was doing dishes in the sink and suddenly found myself standing in water. The bottom of the dishwasher is filling up and overflowing. Looks like I need to replace the water inlet valve.

Sounds more like you need to unstop the drain.

During the first rinse of the diswashing cycle, you should run the disposal. I have no idea if that would be your problem but I was told that and I always do it.

I hate that I missed out on yesterday at USMB......and now I have oodles to catch up on....but I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July.....we had a great time with family and friends, lots of food and fireworks, swimming and playing games.....it's great living in the USA, I love it.

Happy_Morning_by_WarDaT.jpg

Dagnabit! Was doing dishes in the sink and suddenly found myself standing in water. The bottom of the dishwasher is filling up and overflowing. Looks like I need to replace the water inlet valve.

Yup, I'll check that first but it doesn't back up when running so I'm pretty sure it's the valve. It's the one in my dad's house which my wife and I are trying to buy (the other three brothers want to sell it). It is old, I might just get a new one and have the estate pay for it..... :D

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Yup, I'll check that first but it doesn't back up when running so I'm pretty sure it's the valve. It's the one in my dad's house which my wife and I are trying to buy (the other three brothers want to sell it). It is old, I might just get a new one and have the estate pay for it..... :D
There ya go...

My mother's dish washer quit working quite a few months back also. We haven't decided yet if it would be better to have it repaired or just buy a new one yet. I opt for the new one.

Seems to me if the house isn't sold yet the estate should pay for it as basic maintenance -- unless you want to cut a special "as is" deal.

spam5.jpg

On this day in history, July 5, 1937, Spam, the luncheon meat, is introduced into the market by the Hormel Foods Corporation, but it didn't really catch on then. It would achieve most of its notoriety in WWII as military rations.

Most of the Spam eaten by soldiers was actually government meat that was canned by Hormel and other companies that were under contract to the military. Only a few soldiers received genuine Spam, but it was Spam that they came to know and hate. They felt like they had Spam for every meal and ran out of ways to prepare it. The universal dislike -- they wrote songs about how much they hated the stuff -- probably had less to do with the actual taste of Spam than with how often they were forced to eat it.

Nevertheless, the soldiers brought a taste for Spam home with them. And by prominently featuring the brand name on the packaging and spending lavishly on advertising, Hormel succeeded in making Spam a household product in the United States.

A warm Coffee Shop welcome to BluesMistress who is joining us in for the first time today. Welcome, welcome. Be sure to read over the OP to get the gist of what we're all about in here, drag up a chair and settle in.

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

images

CS Greetings, All!
Things have been gorgeous here the last few days, but scorching hot, 77F at 5 pm. After two days of being unable to sleep because it's so hot, I finally turned on my ac yesterday. What a relief, and I got some decent shuteye before having to come to work.
Looks BBD is off on his new adventure. And Foxy's having house guests, again. Up here, we like to see 'em come, but we like to see 'em go again, too. Seems like entertaining guests can get to be an expensive proposition.
One more night of work and then it's my WEEKEND! I still have so much to do around the "town" place but I am going to forego the cabin this week. The partner is going up and I want him to focus on finishing his project. If I go up to work on my project, he'll be all over the place, "helping" me.

spam5.jpg

On this day in history, July 5, 1937, Spam, the luncheon meat, is introduced into the market by the Hormel Foods Corporation, but it didn't really catch on then. It would achieve most of its notoriety in WWII as military rations.

Most of the Spam eaten by soldiers was actually government meat that was canned by Hormel and other companies that were under contract to the military. Only a few soldiers received genuine Spam, but it was Spam that they came to know and hate. They felt like they had Spam for every meal and ran out of ways to prepare it. The universal dislike -- they wrote songs about how much they hated the stuff -- probably had less to do with the actual taste of Spam than with how often they were forced to eat it.

Nevertheless, the soldiers brought a taste for Spam home with them. And by prominently featuring the brand name on the packaging and spending lavishly on advertising, Hormel succeeded in making Spam a household product in the United States.

It's our answer to Vegemite. :puke:

spam5.jpg

I like Spam. I think I've had just about every flavor they make, and my favorite is bacon.

Think I'll open a can right now and have it with some eggs for brunch.

Happy beautiful Saturday. Hope all are well. Given all the noises yesterday and last night, you'd never know fireworks were illegal in this city. One of the dumbest laws our city ever passed.

There ya go...

My mother's dish washer quit working quite a few months back also. We haven't decided yet if it would be better to have it repaired or just buy a new one yet. I opt for the new one.

The last several times I called a repairman, I paid $60 to have him tell me, it would be cheaper to buy new. So, unless you can fix it yourself, I opt for the new one too. I have a Bosch now and it's wonderful, it's lasted longer than any other dishwasher I've ever had.

A warm Coffee Shop welcome to BluesMistress who is joining us in for the first time today. Welcome, welcome. Be sure to read over the OP to get the gist of what we're all about in here, drag up a chair and settle in.

Your first timer's complimentary beverage:

images

Hey, [MENTION=27143]BluesMistress[/MENTION] - welcome to the CS!

Psst: You know, if get a little drunk, get on the table and sing something sultry and sexy like "That Old Black Magic" or "Blue Skies", you will probably get a lot of rep!!!

:lol:

(ok, [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION], take it away....)

Forum List

Back