USMB Coffee Shop IV

I love me some spam. I'm trying to gain some weight. I grilled the best burgers and hot dogs I've ever eaten. Ate 2 burgers and 3 hot dogs. I'm on my 3rd Shock Top Belgian White. Didn't even give me a little belly and I don't feel stuffed. What in the world?
I know what you mean, Bloodrock. I have to eat almost constantly or huge meals in order to maintain my weight. I can't really skip a meal.

Why do they have their clothes on? ... :D

Sunburn?? They'll strip down when the sun sets.;)

When I lived in Tampa, I could be in the sun all day and never burn. Took a little while to get to that point, but I'd just get a little more tan.

One of the people I knew from the base had some family come down from PA and we all went to the beach. We tried to tell them that just after an hour in the Tampa sun they were going to burn so better cover up. They didn't listen. They wound up with sun burn so bad, a couple of the kids had blisters the size of quarters. We tried to tell them...
puzzled-21.png

Being a "ginger" means that no matter how much time I spend in the sun, I will still burn. I don't tan well, but I can peel like an orange!

Sunburn?? They'll strip down when the sun sets.;)

When I lived in Tampa, I could be in the sun all day and never burn. Took a little while to get to that point, but I'd just get a little more tan.

One of the people I knew from the base had some family come down from PA and we all went to the beach. We tried to tell them that just after an hour in the Tampa sun they were going to burn so better cover up. They didn't listen. They wound up with sun burn so bad, a couple of the kids had blisters the size of quarters. We tried to tell them...
puzzled-21.png

Being a "ginger" means that no matter how much time I spend in the sun, I will still burn. I don't tan well, but I can peel like an orange!
That was my red headed wife too. She'd get pink, then back to white.

puzzled-21.png

No doubt after shedding a layer or two of hide. Worst I ever got burned, I was camping on the Cote du Bleu and burned the outside edges of my ears. Damn, that was a pain, but the peel came off all at once.

I love me some spam. I'm trying to gain some weight. I grilled the best burgers and hot dogs I've ever eaten. Ate 2 burgers and 3 hot dogs. I'm on my 3rd Shock Top Belgian White. Didn't even give me a little belly and I don't feel stuffed. What in the world?
I know what you mean, Bloodrock. I have to eat almost constantly or huge meals in order to maintain my weight. I can't really skip a meal.

I wish I had that problem. I used to joke that all I had to do was smell food and I'd gain weight...... All the food I love is supposed to be bad for us so I eat small portions of that and choke down the "good for us" food. Now that I'm 60 and have multiple physical challenges I have a difficult time keeping my weight down.

No doubt after shedding a layer or two of hide. Worst I ever got burned, I was camping on the Cote du Bleu and burned the outside edges of my ears. Damn, that was a pain, but the peel came off all at once.

I tan well down to my knees, the lower legs will burn slightly and lightly tan but never as dark as the rest of me. :dunno:
Only got burned badly once in Taiwan when we first arrived. I was lobster red but my three brothers had blisters, they burned that badly.

I know many more men with this problem/blessing than I do women...:lol: It's just the way it is. Lumpy 1 has the same blessing...:lol: My mom, grandpa and great grandpa were that way, too. I took after Dad. I eat only to live....the others lived to eat and were thin. I like my lifestyle though, as the health benefits are phenomenal and the side effect of staying slender but not skinny is a real :thup:

Last edited:

puzzled-21.png

Red heads and most blondes don't have nearly as much melanin in their skin, compared to brunettes, for protection against ultraviolet rays of the sun to reduce the danger of sunburn. However I have known some blondes who can get the darkest tan, without burning...so :confused:

I am in the sun for 15 minutes the first day of any year, and become pink which turns to a deep beige within an hour. Love that. :D

Red heads and most blondes don't have nearly as much melanin in their skin, compared to brunettes, for protection against ultraviolet rays of the sun to reduce the danger of sunburn. However I have known some blondes who can get the darkest tan, without burning...so :confused:

I am in the sun for 15 minutes the first day of any year, and become pink which turns to a deep beige within an hour. Love that. :D

I tan pretty well after I get a few days in the sun. the first few days I always have a reddish color to my tan

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I hate you! Just know that as I gain weight while eating salads with no dressing and vegetables with no taste, I'm thinking about you with lots and lots of hate.

Are any of you guys hyperthyroid? I just went to a lecture on thyroid issues the other night, it's quite interesting how being hyper or hypo can affect not only your weight but hair loss, bulging eyes, peeling skin. There was a doctor and a scientist speaking.

If you're having trouble keeping your weight up, you might want to have some labwork done on your thyroid.

Are any of you guys hyperthyroid? I just went to a lecture on thyroid issues the other night, it's quite interesting how being hyper or hypo can affect not only your weight but hair loss, bulging eyes, peeling skin. There was a doctor and a scientist speaking.

If you're having trouble keeping your weight up, you might want to have some labwork done on your thyroid.
In '87 bad meds and a hyperthyroid caused me to lose my appetite and I lost 65 pounds in 30 days. Doctor was prescribing wrong meds. I couldn't eat anything but chocolate pudding.

My family practitioner has had me do tons of tests, blood tests, complete blood count ...etc). Turns out that I have cholesterol that is too low, and blood pressure that is too low, and a very high metabolism. But everything else is fine, including my thyroid. He had asked me if I was a professional athlete, I said I wasn't, but I did mention to him that I wrestled in high school. He didn't appear to concerned with my issues.

You are lucky.....I'm allergic to the sun, so I have to use Sunblock and then try to keep out of the sun cause if I get too much sun, I will break out in a rash which then turn to light spots all over.....I'm already tan enough, but my husband, he really needs to tan, especially his legs....:D

In '87 bad meds and a hyperthyroid caused me to lose my appetite and I lost 65 pounds in 30 days. Doctor was prescribing wrong meds. I couldn't eat anything but chocolate pudding.

He said he had an assistant who didn't want to treat her hyperthyroid because it kept the weight off of her. He finally had to fire her and she actually passed away some time after that.

Good question. I wonder about stuff like that when Jughead describes how food seems to pass right through.

My mom had her thyroid removed (I think that's what they did) when I was about maybe ten. Now that I look it up a little bit I'm not sure why but she was always thin as a rail.

Good question. I wonder about stuff like that when Jughead describes how food seems to pass right through.

My mom had her thyroid removed (I think that's what they did) when I was about maybe ten. Now that I look it up a little bit I'm not sure why but she was always thin as a rail.

Had to be thyroid cancer. They only remove them rarely.

He also touched on the Thymus gland and other endo system parts and said they are doing a lot of research on that gland because it has to do with your immune system and type 1 diabetes is proving to be an immune system issue.

These lectures are so fascinating to me.

Forum List

Back