USMB Coffee Shop IV

This is a medi-cal/medicare dentist so...prolly not. There is only the receptionist and the dentist herself. She also does all the cleaning so no hygenist is there. It is very basic. And I have no clue if she allows music. This will be my first visit to her. My other dentist, we paid cash. But we don't have spare cash any more. Hence, new dentist and state coverage.

I calmed myself down by telling myself that nobody is forcing me to go in there and I can leave any time I feel like it. I won't, but knowing I CAN helps. And, I don't have an ipod, so its a moot point. I will just keep chanting the song in my head:

This is the one I was chanting when I woke up in the middle of the colonoscopy :eek: and the nurse thought I was speaking in tongues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for your heartfelt wishes and prayers.

As many know Angie has been ill for quite some time, she has been in and out of the hospital about a dozen times in the last 2 years, once for as long as 2 months during which she spent 6 weeks in a comma.

Her son is trying to work his way through making arrangements, but her will left her daughter as executor and she isn't capable of it on her best day. I've called Ft benning and got all the info he needs to carry out her wishes.
There will be no funeral, There will be no viewing, She will be cremated possibly as early as today.
Half of her ashes will be interred in a memorial vault wall with half of her husbands ashes, the other half of both will then be scattered at their favorite lake.
Once again thank you all for the kind words, I'll let you know when we have a date and will be headed for Georgia.

Thank you all for your heartfelt wishes and prayers.

As many know Angie has been ill for quite some time, she has been in and out of the hospital about a dozen times in the last 2 years, once for as long as 2 months during which she spent 6 weeks in a comma.

Her son is trying to work his way through making arrangements, but her will left her daughter as executor and she isn't capable of it on her best day. I've called Ft benning and got all the info he needs to carry out her wishes.
There will be no funeral, There will be no viewing, She will be cremated possibly as early as today.
Half of her ashes will be interred in a memorial vault wall with half of her husbands ashes, the other half of both will then be scattered at their favorite lake.
Once again thank you all for the kind words, I'll let you know when we have a date and will be headed for Georgia.

Thanks for stopping back in, Ollie. Take care.

Wait. I just realized I may have been talking about something I don't know anything about. (Imagine that on a message board!) But isn't being a 'swish dude' a good thing?

What does swish mean? swish Definition. Meaning of swish. OnlineSlangDictionary.com

Not necessarily...
2012+Topps+Archives+Nick+Swisher+1954.jpg

Last edited:
I had a grilled cheese cut into quarters and dipped in ketchup...hit the spot.:thup:

I like mine dipped in mustard. Sometimes, I'll slice a tomato or onion and melt the cheese with that. Pickles are good, too.
No dip for me, but sometimes I will slice some Jalepeno and add prior to melting the cheese.

oooh, yesh! Fresh sliced jalepeno is excellent, too. I just have to be wary of the spicy stuff more now than when I was less "well worn".

What's everyone doing tomorrow?

We have a parade in town tomorrow morning that we are going to.
Then we are coming back home and having grilled steaks and watch a pay per view movie or maybe two.
If it doesn't rain tomorrow night we will have fire works.
We are right on schedule for our monsoon season this year.

Working. At least we get a great view of the fireworks downtown, as long as we aren't assigned a flight during that time. But since it isn't really dark yet, especially before 2 am, fireworks aren't quite the same. Maybe the boss will spring for some pizza or BBQ, or some other treat?

Well, Jug has a pretty good idea, and I think this town would support a fast food restaurant. Decades ago there was a A&W and we always stopped there. Now there's a self car wash. There's McDonald's and KFC and Dairy Queen and Pizza Hut and all those in neighboring towns but no Burger King. Bummer too, that's my favorite because of the flame broiled burgers. Other than that, I guess Carl's Junior is the tops. But, I am retired, and I'm sure a fast food restaurant would take a lot of time and dedication to get up and running. More than I'm willing to pour into something at this point in my life. I'm not married to a woman, and I don't want to be married to a job either...
puzzled-21.png

24/7.

Burger King is my fave, too, because of the flame broiled burgers. I like that flavor. I'm due for one any day now. Once a year, but am going to wait for this HUGE holiday to be over, first.
Yup, Burger King, or as 007 mentioned, Carl's Jr. I used to go to Carl's Jr all the time in Oklahoma, problem is they don't have Carl's Jr in every state. I also like Whataburger, and the sourdough Jack burger at Jack-In-The-Box.

I used to like Roy Rogers, are they even around any more? One of the best commercials ever was from Roy Rogers:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeU8GKNsrzU]Funny Bear Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Getting the first rains from Arthur. Supposed to be a low cat 2 when it hits the Outer Banks.

My granddaughters are distraught. Dad has a long weekend and they were planning on going to Carolina Beach. When my daughter mentioned the place, a flood of high school memories came hurtling back. I used to range from Morehead to Myrtle Beach when I was in high school. We particularly liked a place called "The Cave" on Carolina Beach.
Too bad, the trip will have to be postponed.

I never have an appetite in the morning, but I force myself to eat something because I hate the mid morning grumbles leading up to lunch. I won't invest any time during the work week in preparing anything, so it's something on the run like a breakfast bar. I've even done a spoonful of peanut butter with a milk chaser.:D

Peanut butter is supposed to be very good for you....:)

Cashew or almond butter are also good! More expensive though and I prefere plain old peanut butter.

Even with chicken. Skip the Take-Out: Peanut Butter Chicken Recipe

Read the labels, though. So many peanut butter brands add sugar and other fats to their product. I buy the brands that have "peanuts and salt". Or, you can patronize the grind-your-own machine found in many supermarkets. Then all you get is peanuts.

Ackety Oy! (New distress Gracie Word)

45 minutes, I leave for my torture session with the brand new dentist that also does the cleaning. I almost have myself totally freaked out but am chanting often to calm myself as well. 30 minute drive, then telling her what she can and cannot do...then another 30 minute drive back home. However, I might take the other way home and swing through Pismo Beach. Been years since I have been there. No hwy 101 on the way back....I think I will take hwy 1 up thru Shell Beach then Avila Beach, then swing over to 101. Maybe.

I am semi agoraphobic too, so this is going to be a challenge since it is not just a new dentist. Its being OUT THERE...all by myself. Oy. Wish me luck that I don't freak.

Gracie, does your dentist allow you to listen to music with headphones?? That can really decrease the stress. If you have an ipod, bring it along.

My dentist has a tv on the wall right in your view when you're laying down. He'll put anything you want on when you're in the chair.

Dentists these days are gentle on purpose. They know what you go through thinking about this stuff. She's just got herself all worked up into a tizzy.
You know, I am 1000% heterosexual and not homophobic at all....however...

If a dude has any part of his body in My mouth.....

No amount of TV programing is going to take My mind off of that....

I'm just sayin......

Gracie, does your dentist allow you to listen to music with headphones?? That can really decrease the stress. If you have an ipod, bring it along.

My dentist has a tv on the wall right in your view when you're laying down. He'll put anything you want on when you're in the chair.

Dentists these days are gentle on purpose. They know what you go through thinking about this stuff. She's just got herself all worked up into a tizzy.
You know, I am 1000% heterosexual and not homophobic at all....however...

If a dude has any part of his body in My mouth.....

No amount of TV programing is going to take My mind off of that....

I'm just sayin......

You're such a weirdo..

45 minutes, I leave for my torture session with the brand new dentist that also does the cleaning. I almost have myself totally freaked out but am chanting often to calm myself as well. 30 minute drive, then telling her what she can and cannot do...then another 30 minute drive back home. However, I might take the other way home and swing through Pismo Beach. Been years since I have been there. No hwy 101 on the way back....I think I will take hwy 1 up thru Shell Beach then Avila Beach, then swing over to 101. Maybe.

I am semi agoraphobic too, so this is going to be a challenge since it is not just a new dentist. Its being OUT THERE...all by myself. Oy. Wish me luck that I don't freak.

I usually just try to zone out when I'm getting drilled.

I have to work Fri-Sat-Sun so I went flying earlier today before the rains came. Turns out I was the only one at the field!

Have a Happy 4th everyone!

Attachments

• $IMG_20140703_131411 - Edited.jpg
    $IMG_20140703_131411 - Edited.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 68

I usually don't get drilled at the Dentist's office, just water boarded.

It looks like clear blue skies here and low humidity for the rest of the weekend. Rains come next week.

I usually don't get drilled at the Dentist's office, just water boarded.

I figure I'll go once every 10 years or only if something really hurts. that way I get it all done at once.

My dentist has an enormous music collection that he's ripped into MP3s. He sets it on random plan so the mix is very eccentric. Heavy metal - country - broadway musical - disco and on and on. And his little dog runs around the office...it's rather startling when he starts licking one's hand when one is getting one's teeth cleaned.

Forum List

Back