USMB Coffee Shop IV

Our anniversary is the 16th.
What a rotten way to spend it in a hospital hey
I have to come up with an idea for a little something for us in his hospital room.
A card for sure, I think candles are out as well as flowers.
I drawing a blank any suggestions?

Maybe Music and photos of your time together... A time capsule set to music you both enjoy...

I have to come up with an idea for a little something for us in his hospital room.

Maybe Music and photos of your time together... A time capsule set to music you both enjoy...

Hey that sounds good.

Balloons always work, but what about framed family photographs? How about an anniversary playlist including songs played at your wedding and hits from those beautiful courting years. Something warm like a favorite sweater or sweatshirt with his favorite team's logo.

dammit ridgerunner! I thought those were my ideas!

All of the years of reading information, special diets, cooking from scratch..........
Out the window......
Out the window? Hell no. You were able to postpone the inevitable for 36 years. You've been incredibly successful and now, with some intervention from a surgeon, you can get back to what has been so successful for so long.

I don't know about the rest of you but we are suddenly back to fall weather--mid 50's daytime and above freezing at night. Not sure what to think but won't complain.
Here it's 50s at night and 70s during the day, ended up tossing off extra covers last night, the ones the wife threw over me when she came to bed.
Mid to upper 70's during the day and upper 50's at night for the next 10 days here.

So who would have thought southern Alabama and your near tropical climate would share weather with El Paso square dab in the middle of the desert? :)

Does he read? How about a special book you could read passages from together? Or load some memories on an Ipad or other such device and look at them together.

Dancing girls???

He's having to much fun already flirting with all his nurses. :lol:
I suppose you shouldn't be stressing his repaired heart too much just yet. Maybe put together some photos from the last 33 years as has been suggested

How about a cordless power drill or a bench saw? Men love to drill holes and cut boards.

How about a cordless power drill or a bench saw? Men love to drill holes and cut boards.

Great idea, but will the hospital allow power drills and bench saws in the hospital room?

Does he read? How about a special book you could read passages from together? Or load some memories on an Ipad or other such device and look at them together.

Yes we are both big time readers.
I am moving 2 bookselves today in order for him to have clear passages with his wheelchair and walker.
That sounds good.
I wonder if they would let him have his kimbel.
I dont know where the plug for the charger would be for him.

Great idea, but will the hospital allow power drills and bench saws in the hospital room?
For therapy, yes. Hospitals need more bookcases.

Maybe watch a good movie together...if you can. Anything relaxing and calm.

I don't know about the rest of you but we are suddenly back to fall weather--mid 50's daytime and above freezing at night. Not sure what to think but won't complain.
Here it's 50s at night and 70s during the day, ended up tossing off extra covers last night, the ones the wife threw over me when she came to bed.
Mid to upper 70's during the day and upper 50's at night for the next 10 days here.

So who would have thought southern Alabama and your near tropical climate would share weather with El Paso square dab in the middle of the desert? :)
Temperatures are similar, but we get so much more rain here. 66"/year vs. 10"/year.

Maybe watch a good movie together...if you can. Anything relaxing and calm.

Good sugestion but there is no way to do that in a hospital room.
They have only basic cable.

I was thinking if you had a laptop to take in...

The PC & laptop are in the shop for right now.
All I have right now is the kindel.

Well shoot. Was just a suggestion anyhow. I am positive you will come up with something. :)

Forum List

Back