USMB Coffee Shop IV

Maybe watch a good movie together...if you can. Anything relaxing and calm.

Good sugestion but there is no way to do that in a hospital room.
They have only basic cable.

I was thinking if you had a laptop to take in...

The PC & laptop are in the shop for right now.
All I have right now is the kindel.

Well shoot. Was just a suggestion anyhow. I am positive you will come up with something. :)

Thank you, they have all been great suggestions.
I think I'll combine them and do several things right on the 16th in the hospital room.
Then the others over a span of time. :)
Thanks you guys your all great people.

Our anniversary is the 16th.
What a rotten way to spend it in a hospital hey
I have to come up with an idea for a little something for us in his hospital room.
A card for sure, I think candles are out as well as flowers.
I drawing a blank any suggestions?

Does he read? How about a special book you could read passages from together? Or load some memories on an Ipad or other such device and look at them together.

Yes we are both big time readers.
I am moving 2 bookselves today in order for him to have clear passages with his wheelchair and walker.
That sounds good.
I wonder if they would let him have his kimbel.
I dont know where the plug for the charger would be for him.

I had my Kindle in all of the five days I was in ICU a year ago September. The techs were very gracious to plug it in for me every time it needed charging.

I have to come up with an idea for a little something for us in his hospital room.

Does he read? How about a special book you could read passages from together? Or load some memories on an Ipad or other such device and look at them together.

I am moving 2 bookselves today in order for him to have clear passages with his wheelchair and walker.
That sounds good.

I had my Kindle in all of the five days I was in ICU a year ago September. The techs were very gracious to plug it in for me every time it needed charging.

Thank you BFF
I'll take it up to him.
He has nothing to watch except maybe 12 whole channels.
When he's used to hundreds. :)

Just got done talking to hubbie on the phone
He sounds really good and strong.
He says the machines are driving him crazy with all of the noises.
He is very happy about me bringing up his kindel for him.
He's going to ask them if he can have it and call me tomorrow morning.

He said in another day they will do a scan on his legs to find 3 good veins to use for his triple bypass.

That sounds good.

There's a place to plug it into the bed. Those chords are never long enough. I also had my tablet in ICU.

That sounds good.

There's a place to plug it into the bed. Those chords are never long enough. I also had my tablet in ICU.

Thank you,
No they aren't.
I got him one of the extra long ones but even it's not really long enough.

That sounds good.

Thank you,
No they aren't.
Hope you're holding up okay, peach. Seems like he's doing much better. :)

That sounds good.

Thank you,
No they aren't.

Yes I'm doing ok.
I fell apart early this morning, but many here straightened me out and got me through it and on the right track again.
It felt good to break down and cry. I was fighting it.
It was something I needed to do.

Last edited:
That sounds good.

Thank you,
No they aren't.

Yes I'm doing ok.
I fell apart early this mornig, but many here straightened me out and got me through it and on the right track again.
It felt good to break down and cry. I was figuting it.
It was something I needed to do.
The coffee shop looks after their own, for sure. You take good care, hon.

Forum List

Back