USMB Coffee Shop IV

I had my Kindle in all of the five days I was in ICU a year ago September. The techs were very gracious to plug it in for me every time it needed charging.
There's a place to plug it into the bed. Those chords are never long enough. I also had my tablet in ICU.

Thank you,
No they aren't.
I got him one of the extra long ones but even it's not really long enough.
Hope you're holding up okay, peach. Seems like he's doing much better. :)

Yes I'm doing ok.
I fell apart early this morning, but many here straightened me out and got me through it and on the right track again.
It felt good to break down and cry. I was fighting it.
It was something I needed to do.
The coffee shop looks after their own, for sure. You take good care, hon.

Yes we do.
We all love and care for each other.
We are upset that we can't seem to help Gracie and her husband right now though.

Our anniversary is the 16th.
What a rotten way to spend it in a hospital hey
I have to come up with an idea for a little something for us in his hospital room.
A card for sure, I think candles are out as well as flowers.
I drawing a blank any suggestions?
Balloons always work, but what about framed family photographs? How about an anniversary playlist including songs played at your wedding and hits from those beautiful courting years. Something warm like a favorite sweater or sweatshirt with his favorite team's logo.

dammit ridgerunner! I thought those were my ideas!

There was no courting years.
It was one of those love at first sight things and we got married 8 months later.
I was staying with some friends in Bakersfield, I hated being there always grey and rainy.
He was my knight in shining armour, who rode up into the yard on a steal horse and took me away from there down to San Deigo.

15941059_1379060308819764_5681559140250693883_n.jpg

We've been looking online, Tucson, Phoenix, Tucson, Phoenix and have found the most house for the money is located in Casa Grande, Collidge, San Tan Valley, Maricopa. I like the idea of Casa Grande, almost dead center between Phoenix and Tucson. Now when the disability comes through and we get all that back pay then we'll look at buying.
Might head up that way in a week or two just to look around and get a feel for the areas mentioned.

We've been looking online, Tucson, Phoenix, Tucson, Phoenix and have found the most house for the money is located in Casa Grande, Collidge, San Tan Valley, Maricopa. I like the idea of Casa Grande, almost dead center between Phoenix and Tucson. Now when the disability comes through and we get all that back pay then we'll look at buying.
Might head up that way in a week or two just to look around and get a feel for the areas mentioned.

Casa Grande is a nice place.

Our anniversary is the 16th.
What a rotten way to spend it in a hospital hey
I have to come up with an idea for a little something for us in his hospital room.
A card for sure, I think candles are out as well as flowers.
I drawing a blank any suggestions?
Balloons always work, but what about framed family photographs? How about an anniversary playlist including songs played at your wedding and hits from those beautiful courting years. Something warm like a favorite sweater or sweatshirt with his favorite team's logo.

dammit ridgerunner! I thought those were my ideas!

There was no courting years.
It was one of those love at first sight things and we got married 8 months later.
I was staying with some friends in Bakersfield, I hated being there always grey and rainy.
He was my knight in shining armour, who rode up into the yard on a steal horse and took me away from there down to San Deigo.

You sound like Hombre and me. We met in June, had our first date in July, were engaged by September and married the following February.

Hope it works out for you. You two are well overdue for a break.

There's a place to plug it into the bed. Those chords are never long enough. I also had my tablet in ICU.

Thank you,
No they aren't.
I got him one of the extra long ones but even it's not really long enough.
Hope you're holding up okay, peach. Seems like he's doing much better. :)

Yes I'm doing ok.
I fell apart early this morning, but many here straightened me out and got me through it and on the right track again.
It felt good to break down and cry. I was fighting it.
It was something I needed to do.
The coffee shop looks after their own, for sure. You take good care, hon.

Yes we do.
We all love and care for each other.
We are upset that we can't seem to help Gracie and her husband right now though.

For sure all those who want to be part of the Coffee Shop family become Coffee Shop family. Like you, I feel so helpless when it comes to Mr. and Mrs. Gracie, and wish I had some means to help. But surely they'll get their break soon.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
And let's send up some special prayers and positive thoughts for Gracie & Mr. G who need a break big time right now.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Sunset-Clouds.jpg

Maybe watch a good movie together...if you can. Anything relaxing and calm.
Starship Troopers?

Awesome movie, for becoming more optimistic :)

It isn't fair. You're all the way over there in Russia and you've seen a lot more movies than I have. But I do love movies too. :)

There's a Russian super-hero movie coming out soon that's getting a decent amount of hype here in the US. It's called Guardians. I believe there is going to be an English dub available, I'm interested in seeing it.

Russian Superhero Film “Guardians” Gets a New Trailer + US Release [Videos]

Of course, the voice-overs in the English dubbed trailer are pretty bad. It looks pretty, though! :p

Monday is a holiday, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. So, as I have a free Monday, I've decided to take full advantage of one of my Christmas gifts. My brother and sister-in-law gave me Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather Notebook.

If you haven't seen it in your bookstore, it's a copy of the massive notebook Coppola made to help him direct the epic film. Coppola sliced each page of Mario Puzzo's The Godfather from its binding. Then he cut larger pages of paper as if they were frames. Then he glued each page to its frame so there would be larger margins to make notes upon. His notes and insights helped him stage and direct to movie.

My plan is to put my DVD copy of The Godfather on, take my copy of The Godfather Notebook in hand and read while I watch. This is one of the very few movies I watched before I read the book. And it's one of the very few movies I enjoyed more than the book. It will be interesting to study the original book, Francis Ford Coppola's notes and his finished film.

Wating for hubbie to call me later on today.
They are doing several tests today after they take out the ballon. He is also asking them about his kindel, so I can take it up to him.

It's a good thing I didn't go up early today.
I totally forgot that he does his blood thinner test every week. I should have called them. :redface:
They just called , it's all worked out now and they have everything on hold for about 3 weeks.
He may also be on differnt meds by the time this is all done with.

They are doing several tests today after they take out the ballon. He is also asking them about his kindel, so I can take it up to him.

I totally forgot that he does his blood thinner test every week. I should have called them. :redface:
They just called , it's all worked out now and they have everything on hold for about 3 weeks.

Does that mean he can't have the surgery for three weeks? Will they keep him in the hospital for that time?

Does that mean he can't have the surgery for three weeks? Will they keep him in the hospital for that time?

No
It means his weekly blood thinner test that he does here at home is on hold for three weeks. :)
The surgery might be tomorrow, depending on the several tests they are doing today.

Thinking about buying an Apple AirPort Time Capsule - the 2TB version. Anybody have any experience with one of these things? Good idea or not a good idea?

Forum List

Back