USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Special emergency prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

AnimatedCandleThoughtandPrayers.gif

sedona-sunset.jpg

Gorgeous. Both pictures.

Our own arctic freeze seems to be abating. Temperatures climbed above 32 degrees for the first time since, what seems like, the early 1990s. Icy a bit, slushy a lot, but nothing has to be shoveled. I did chemically shovel the driveway at lunchtime. A little calcium chloride between my tires and the asphalt goes a long way.

My powers of intuitive thinking took a bit of a vacation today. The new program for housing inspections now asks for a resident signature. I found that during the first inspections I conducted this morning. The building manager and I agreed that we should provide a stylus so that the residents could sign the iPad after their inspection.

So, during my lunch hour, I scoured the town looking for a package of styluses (styli?). In the third store I visited, a clerk approached me and asked if she could help. "Yes! I'm looking for a stylus someone could sign an iPad with." "Umm. Let me look!"

"You know a rubber tipped stick..."

Why couldn't an eraser do the trick? During the Space Race, Americans spent over a million dollars developing a pen that could write in zero gravity. The Russians used a pencil.

:) I know this anecdot... In reality, using pencil has another problems - graphite dust

Today I saw sun in window, through clouds - it was like Moon, thickness of clouds were just enough to provide this sight. Wonderful moment.

My teeth are ugly.
Losing a lot of enamel now. I try to keep hygiene proper but it's hard being homeless and using only bottled water in an RV. I don't want to smile anymore. Ugly.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I remember my milk teeth problems from childhood - it was terrible... And, it's strange, my returns from dental clinic strongly associated with funerals of another Soviet leader of "five-years of magnificent funerals" ;)))) Now my son have the same problems with teeths, and it's terrible again...

Morning everyone.

Today I have to take care of business in town so I'm not going up to see him today.
I know he is in good hands and I need to do some me time today.
He is throughly enjoying himself, flirtng wth the nurses and teasing them, now that he's out of so much pain. :)
I could not really do much but sit there and be in the way. When you have long term illness you learn when to pick and choose your battles. :)
They have him in the Post Critical room, not in Itensive Care.
They have to move him every two hours and when a team of four come in, I had to get out into the hall, so they had the room.
When he gets out of surgery after a couple more days, he will be moved to the Cardiac Observation room. I can help a littte more then.

When I called for the ambulance on Sun. he was sitting on his walker outside on the front pourch.
When they put him down on the porch to work on him, that's when he went into full heart attack.
I took the walker to put back into the house to get it out of their way.
Well ,we just got a new screen door installed on Thusday and they put in a black step that I'm not used to yet.
I hit the front wheels of the walker and that stopped it dead in it's track.
I went down hard on my knees , but by holding onto the walker, I was able to control my fall just enough to hit the right side of my knees rather than the knee caps.
I scared the Emergency responders, they thought they might have had to treat me too for broken knee caps.
Boy would that have been fun,me with a broken knee cap or caps and helping him to recover when he gets home.

I managed to fall on the right side of each knee on the bigger side bone of each one.
I went down the hardest on the left knee and scraped the right knee.
I need to get the left knee swelling down this morning. It's a pretty bad bruise. Better that bigger side bone took it and not my knee caps.
True, that, Peach. Bigger bones take a lot more punishment than smaller ones, and a torn or dislocated meniscus can be a lot more trouble to heal up than bruised bones. Still, it's more than you need, or deserve (most likely). Most intense good thoughts and wishes still coming your, and Mr. P's way.

Well I learned how to fall from the expert ,my husband in how to fall and not hurt yourself.
The man has fallen a gazillion times since 78 from his MS.

There really is no excuse but to be honest and tell you all I'm a clutz sometimes.
Even when I was a kid I would hook my little toes on chairs and tabel legs.
Sometimes I accidently cut myself with a sharp knife in the kitchen.
Still it's rare and few times over the years.
My left little toe was broken so many times it was curled, by the time I was 30.
My 175lb. Mastiff accidently stepped on it and rebroke it but it's flat again now. :)
Your description of klutzy could be me. Wanna hunting camp story?

Yes I do.
Please. :)
OK,here goes:
The first year I worked in the camp I didn't have my guide's license yet so I agreed to run base camp. I took my (then 13-yr-old)daughter with me. Her job was to look after the master guide's young son. One morning I was preparing breakfast, which included meat patties made of fresh caribou. We used fresh meat off the rack as much as possible. I was cutting the caribou into chunks and my daughter was grinding the meat. Well, I managed to take a sizeable chunk off of my thumb and before I could stop her, the kid had already run it through the grinder. I guess I could legitimately claim to put myself into everything I cook, one way or another.

Awful!! Creepy! :)

I feel like such a failure.
This wasn't suppose to happen on my watch.
Damm IT!
It's an adjustment that I have to work out, the philosophy was failure is not an option.
Now I'm lost.

I feel like such a failure.
This wasn't suppose to happen on my watch.
Damm IT!
It's an adjustment that I have to work out, the philosophy was failure is not an option.
Now I'm lost.

All of the years of reading information, special diets, cooking from scratch..........
Out the window......

RUBBISH...

Peach I am just a mere observer here on this planet for a short time... I have tried while here to notice how we treat each other... While I don't know you very well, I have detected your loyalty and dedication to your husband the short time I have been here... I am willing to bet the farm you have absolutely no reason to feel guilty in anyway... We like to think we have control, but I have a hunch that some higher power is in control... Be there and love your husband and you will be the best medicine he could ever receive...

I know it Ridgerunner.
It's another hill to battle but will not be defeated.
Like I said you have to pick and choose your battles.
I needed to just break down and cry which I don't do very well. :biggrin:

I know it Ridgerunner.

You certainly did. And if you did, that is a good thing. You need that release.

Some things are simply beyond our control and there isn't any one of us who can't think back and say 'if only I/we hadn't done that or if only I/we had done that'. But the truth is if we had chosen or known to do everything as right as it can be done, the fates will still not always be kind. Sometimes it is just going to suck. And when it does, all any of us can do is the best we can with the situation as it is. And when we just aren't up to being superman or superwoman, we sure don't help by beating ourselves up.

Hospital just called me.
They say he is doing very well and has remained in good stable condition.
Everyone's prayers are working. :biggrin:
They said it will be a couple more days before his surgery.
They are slowly getting him off of the ballon.
I will go up tomorrow to see him.
This has given me 2 days to get everything ready for him here when he gets home and business things for here to do.
I dont know what is up with his regular Dr.
I still haven't recieved a call from him.

I know it Ridgerunner.

Some things are simply beyond our control and there isn't any one of us who can't think back and say 'if only I/we hadn't done that or if only I/we had done that'. But the truth is if we had chosen or known to do everything as right as it can be done, the fates will still not always be kind. Sometimes it is just going to suck. And when it does, all any of us can do is the best we can with the situation as it is. And when we just aren't up to being superman or superwoman, we sure don't help by beating ourselves up.

Yes, I was finally able to do so, but with a battle.:lol:
Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.
I do feel so much better.

I know it Ridgerunner.

Yes, I was finally able to do so, but with a battle.:lol:
Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.
I do feel so much better.

Life is eternal battle, but we're with you!

Our anniversary is the 16th.
What a rotten way to spend it in a hospital hey
I have to come up with an idea for a little something for us in his hospital room.
A card for sure, I think candles are out as well as flowers.
I drawing a blank any suggestions?

I don't know about the rest of you but we are suddenly back to fall weather--mid 50's daytime and above freezing at night. Not sure what to think but won't complain.
Here it's 50s at night and 70s during the day, ended up tossing off extra covers last night, the ones the wife threw over me when she came to bed.
Mid to upper 70's during the day and upper 50's at night for the next 10 days here.

Forum List

Back