USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning everyone.

Today I have to take care of business in town so I'm not going up to see him today.
I know he is in good hands and I need to do some me time today.
He is throughly enjoying himself, flirtng wth the nurses and teasing them, now that he's out of so much pain. :)
I could not really do much but sit there and be in the way. When you have long term illness you learn when to pick and choose your battles. :)
They have him in the Post Critical room, not in Itensive Care.
They have to move him every two hours and when a team of four come in, I had to get out into the hall, so they had the room.
When he gets out of surgery after a couple more days, he will be moved to the Cardiac Observation room. I can help a littte more then.

When I called for the ambulance on Sun. he was sitting on his walker outside on the front pourch.
When they put him down on the porch to work on him, that's when he went into full heart attack.
I took the walker to put back into the house to get it out of their way.
Well ,we just got a new screen door installed on Thusday and they put in a black step that I'm not used to yet.
I hit the front wheels of the walker and that stopped it dead in it's track.
I went down hard on my knees , but by holding onto the walker, I was able to control my fall just enough to hit the right side of my knees rather than the knee caps.
I scared the Emergency responders, they thought they might have had to treat me too for broken knee caps.
Boy would that have been fun,me with a broken knee cap or caps and helping him to recover when he gets home.

I managed to fall on the right side of each knee on the bigger side bone of each one.
I went down the hardest on the left knee and scraped the right knee.
I need to get the left knee swelling down this morning. It's a pretty bad bruise. Better that bigger side bone took it and not my knee caps.
True, that, Peach. Bigger bones take a lot more punishment than smaller ones, and a torn or dislocated meniscus can be a lot more trouble to heal up than bruised bones. Still, it's more than you need, or deserve (most likely). Most intense good thoughts and wishes still coming your, and Mr. P's way.

Well I learned how to fall from the expert ,my husband in how to fall and not hurt yourself.
The man has fallen a gazillion times since 78 from his MS.

There really is no excuse but to be honest and tell you all I'm a clutz sometimes.
Even when I was a kid I would hook my little toes on chairs and tabel legs.
Sometimes I accidently cut myself with a sharp knife in the kitchen.
Still it's rare and few times over the years.
My left little toe was broken so many times it was curled, by the time I was 30.
My 175lb. Mastiff accidently stepped on it and rebroke it but it's flat again now. :)
Your description of klutzy could be me. Wanna hunting camp story?

Morning everyone.

Today I have to take care of business in town so I'm not going up to see him today.
He is throughly enjoying himself, flirtng wth the nurses and teasing them, now that he's out of so much pain. :)
I could not really do much but sit there and be in the way. When you have long term illness you learn when to pick and choose your battles. :)
They have to move him every two hours and when a team of four come in, I had to get out into the hall, so they had the room.
When he gets out of surgery after a couple more days, he will be moved to the Cardiac Observation room. I can help a littte more then.

When I called for the ambulance on Sun. he was sitting on his walker outside on the front pourch.
When they put him down on the porch to work on him, that's when he went into full heart attack.
Well ,we just got a new screen door installed on Thusday and they put in a black step that I'm not used to yet.
I went down hard on my knees , but by holding onto the walker, I was able to control my fall just enough to hit the right side of my knees rather than the knee caps.
I scared the Emergency responders, they thought they might have had to treat me too for broken knee caps.
Boy would that have been fun,me with a broken knee cap or caps and helping him to recover when he gets home.

I managed to fall on the right side of each knee on the bigger side bone of each one.
I need to get the left knee swelling down this morning. It's a pretty bad bruise. Better that bigger side bone took it and not my knee caps.
True, that, Peach. Bigger bones take a lot more punishment than smaller ones, and a torn or dislocated meniscus can be a lot more trouble to heal up than bruised bones. Still, it's more than you need, or deserve (most likely). Most intense good thoughts and wishes still coming your, and Mr. P's way.

Well I learned how to fall from the expert ,my husband in how to fall and not hurt yourself.

There really is no excuse but to be honest and tell you all I'm a clutz sometimes.
My left little toe was broken so many times it was curled, by the time I was 30.
My 175lb. Mastiff accidently stepped on it and rebroke it but it's flat again now. :)

Yes I do.
Please. :)

Morning everyone.

Yes I do.
Please. :)
OK,here goes:
The first year I worked in the camp I didn't have my guide's license yet so I agreed to run base camp. I took my (then 13-yr-old)daughter with me. Her job was to look after the master guide's young son. One morning I was preparing breakfast, which included meat patties made of fresh caribou. We used fresh meat off the rack as much as possible. I was cutting the caribou into chunks and my daughter was grinding the meat. Well, I managed to take a sizeable chunk off of my thumb and before I could stop her, the kid had already run it through the grinder. I guess I could legitimately claim to put myself into everything I cook, one way or another.

Morning everyone.

Ouchie. Sounds painful. Like you said though, good thing it's just bruised and nothing is broken. Glad to hear that Mr. Peach is doing better. :)

Okay, you asked for it!

One of my buddies was the camp cook this year. We had three brothers in camp. They drank heavily and were abusive and disrespectful of the "hired help". One evening, in their cups, two brothers tossed their dinners out of the kitchen claiming the food tasted like shit. Mind that camp cooking was anything but superb.
Next morning the camp cook accompanied the camp security guard, a large Rottweiler, on his morning rounds. Needless to say, the hungover brothers were quite unable to distinguish when the gravy served on biscuits really should have tasted like shit.

I don't know about the rest of you but we are suddenly back to fall weather--mid 50's daytime and above freezing at night. Not sure what to think but won't complain.

It was freezing here this morning, like 11 degrees. Then this evening, it started raining and got like 30 degrees warmer. Lol. Pfft . . . Weather! Who knows what it will do? :lol:

Okay, you asked for it!

One of my buddies was the camp cook this year. We had three brothers in camp. They drank heavily and were abusive and disrespectful of the "hired help". One evening, in their cups, two brothers tossed their dinners out of the kitchen claiming the food tasted like shit. Mind that camp cooking was anything but superb.
Next morning the camp cook accompanied the camp security guard, a large Rottweiler, on his morning rounds. Needless to say, the hungover brothers were quite unable to distinguish when the gravy served on biscuits really should have tasted like shit.

:shock:. :uhh:

Okay, you asked for it!

Don't say I didn't warn you!
Hopefully I made you smile.
I have one more pretty good one. Ya wanna read about it?

Okay, you asked for it!

No!

Okay, you asked for it!

No!
Your choice. This one doesn't involve eating anything.

Okay, you asked for it!

No!
No,you didn't smile or no more stories?

Okay, you asked for it!

No!
No,you didn't smile or no more stories?

No more stories. :)

When I was up there yesterday, the whole floor is heart patients with the middle of the floor being the nurses stations and their computers.
Then an isle on each side of all the rooms.
This lady came in and sat down to play live harp music and all I could think of was the song knock, knock, knocking on heavens door. It's suppose to be soothing to the patients.
Ha!
I had to get out of there while that was going on. :)
I told hubby I was going to get something from the cafeteria.
I actually walked the halls to learn all of the twisting corridors and halls.
Even the people that work there say its easy to get lost there because of the ill design.
The place is huge.

Okay, you asked for it!

No!

Me neither. I'm scared now . . . and kind of sick too. :lol:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Special emergency prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

AnimatedCandleThoughtandPrayers.gif

sedona-sunset.jpg

Forum List

Back