USMB Coffee Shop IV

I wish I could be there for you, Peach. Prayers and good thoughts is about all I have for my angel. Seems inadequate.

I have my friends here too and they are helping me and 4 churches in Benson are doing power prayers.
Our Baptist church, the Mormon Church, the Catholic Church and the Lutheran Church.
I'm calling the Monastery tomorrow
Prayers are powerful Ernie and combined they become mighty. :)
Thank you all and especially the prayers.

I hope you are sleeping as I write this, Peach, but yes, prayer is powerful. I can't explain the difference it made when I was having my own medical crisis last year--it was only after it was obvious that I would live that my surgeon told me how much danger I was actually in and I realized how important all those pulling for me were. And knowing the Coffee Shoppers were with me in spirit was an important part of all that..

But through it all, there was so little discomfort, no fear, and an overwhelming sense of being loved. And my friends, that is a result of prayer regardless of the beliefs of the person sending them and regardless of the ultimate outcome. Willing the best for your friend is also a form of prayer and oh my how some of the believers are powerful pray-ers too.

The next days will be critical for Mr. P and our Peach needs them too. And you can feel the love and concern among all of us even though only one of us has actually met Peach. Adding our support to all those power prayer groups will definitely help.

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and wellness for Gracie,
Special emergency prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 tonight and in the coming days.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

solitary_prayer_1.jpg

Morning everyone.

Today I have to take care of business in town so I'm not going up to see him today.
I know he is in good hands and I need to do some me time today.
He is throughly enjoying himself, flirtng wth the nurses and teasing them, now that he's out of so much pain. :)
I could not really do much but sit there and be in the way. When you have long term illness you learn when to pick and choose your battles. :)
They have him in the Post Critical room, not in Itensive Care.
They have to move him every two hours and when a team of four come in, I had to get out into the hall, so they had the room.
When he gets out of surgery after a couple more days, he will be moved to the Cardiac Observation room. I can help a littte more then.

When I called for the ambulance on Sun. he was sitting on his walker outside on the front pourch.
When they put him down on the porch to work on him, that's when he went into full heart attack.
I took the walker to put back into the house to get it out of their way.
Well ,we just got a new screen door installed on Thusday and they put in a black step that I'm not used to yet.
I hit the front wheels of the walker and that stopped it dead in it's track.
I went down hard on my knees , but by holding onto the walker, I was able to control my fall just enough to hit the right side of my knees rather than the knee caps.
I scared the Emergency responders, they thought they might have had to treat me too for broken knee caps.
Boy would that have been fun,me with a broken knee cap or caps and helping him to recover when he gets home.

I managed to fall on the right side of each knee on the bigger side bone of each one.
I went down the hardest on the left knee and scraped the right knee.
I need to get the left knee swelling down this morning. It's a pretty bad bruise. Better that bigger side bone took it and not my knee caps.

Last edited:
I wish I could be there for you, Peach. Prayers and good thoughts is about all I have for my angel. Seems inadequate.

I have my friends here too and they are helping me and 4 churches in Benson are doing power prayers.
Our Baptist church, the Mormon Church, the Catholic Church and the Lutheran Church.
I'm calling the Monastery tomorrow
Prayers are powerful Ernie and combined they become mighty. :)
Thank you all and especially the prayers.

I hope you are sleeping as I write this, Peach, but yes, prayer is powerful. I can't explain the difference it made when I was having my own medical crisis last year--it was only after it was obvious that I would live that my surgeon told me how much danger I was actually in and I realized how important all those pulling for me were. And knowing the Coffee Shoppers were with me in spirit was an important part of all that..

But through it all, there was so little discomfort, no fear, and an overwhelming sense of being loved. And my friends, that is a result of prayer regardless of the beliefs of the person sending them and regardless of the ultimate outcome. Willing the best for your friend is also a form of prayer and oh my how some of the believers are powerful pray-ers too.

The next days will be critical for Mr. P and our Peach needs them too. And you can feel the love and concern among all of us even though only one of us has actually met Peach. Adding our support to all those power prayer groups will definitely help.

I most definitely feel the love and concern from all of you. :biggrin:
I can attest to that, over power prayer.
In the late ninties, hubby got that blood infection from the same thing that you were talking about with your husband Foxfyre when he was in hospital.
He had a fever of 105.
We had 7 of our local town churches praying and he pulled out of it overnight.
The Doc's could not explain it. :)

Morning everyone.

Today I have to take care of business in town so I'm not going up to see him today.
He is throughly enjoying himself, flirtng wth the nurses and teasing them, now that he's out of so much pain. :)
I could not really do much but sit there and be in the way. When you have long term illness you learn when to pick and choose your battles. :)
They have to move him every two hours and when a team of four come in, I had to get out into the hall, so they had the room.
When he gets out of surgery after a couple more days, he will be moved to the Cardiac Observation room. I can help a littte more then.

When I called for the ambulance on Sun. he was sitting on his walker outside on the front pourch.
When they put him down on the porch to work on him, that's when he went into full heart attack.
Well ,we just got a new screen door installed on Thusday and they put in a black step that I'm not used to yet.
I went down hard on my knees , but by holding onto the walker, I was able to control my fall just enough to hit the right side of my knees rather than the knee caps.
I scared the Emergency responders, they thought they might have had to treat me too for broken knee caps.
Boy would that have been fun,me with a broken knee cap or caps and helping him to recover when he gets home.

I managed to fall on the right side of each knee on the bigger side bone of each one.
I need to get the left knee swelling down this morning. It's a pretty bad bruise. Better that bigger side bone took it and not my knee caps.
Why didn't you just climb up into the walker and drive it........? :dunno:

latest

Morning everyone.

So happy that you didn't seriously injure yourself but sorry you had any injury at all. Few, if any, of us are at our best during the stress and complete fear especially when dealing with a life threatening crisis of a loved one.

But there is much to be grateful for and much reason for optimism and encouragement--that skilled medical help was available, as you describe it a superb team at the hospital, relief from the dreadful pain and ability to have fun with the experience. . .

And the surgery he faces is so routine now that though all surgery is a concern, the probability of success is practically guaranteed. There is much to dislike in some of the processes of healthcare these days, but how much medicine and procedures have improved over 20-50 years ago is such a blessing for so many of us.

Nevertheless, I think we'll keep the two of you on the critical vigil list at least through the surgery. :)

Ah, feels so good.
Lying on the couch with a cold pack on my bruse and my leg up on the back of the couch.
Relaxing..........:biggrin:

Yah know Ringle, if it had been motorized to drive it ,there would have been no problem.:biggrin:

Morning everyone.

So happy that you didn't seriously injure yourself but sorry you had any injury at all. Few, if any, of us are at our best during the stress and complete fear especially when dealing with a life threatening crisis of a loved one.

But there is much to be grateful for and much reason for optimism and encouragement--that skilled medical help was available, as you describe it a superb team at the hospital, relief from the dreadful pain and ability to have fun with the experience. . .

And the surgery he faces is so routine now that though all surgery is a concern, the probability of success is practically guaranteed. There is much to dislike in some of the processes of healthcare these days, but how much medicine and procedures have improved over 20-50 years ago is such a blessing for so many of us.

Nevertheless, I think we'll keep the two of you on the critical vigil list at least through the surgery. :)

Thank you dear friend.
When he gets over this, the next big hurtle will be a pretty big MS attack.
Any time a person who has MS has a body trauma, a full blown attack flares up.
We will have a team of hospital staff that will be helping him through both huge hurdles.
Thank the Lord that I can take him to the Benson Hospital for his rehabitaion for both events when he gets home.

Last edited:
One thing I've been dealing with is when Boo was really sick he would hide in the library/great room, the only part of the house that is carpeted........ He peed in there, most hit a plastic bag and some pattern paper that was on the floor but not all of it......
3:1 ratio of water to white vinegar, saturate the areas then allow to dry, sprinkle with baking soda then scrub with a mix of water and peroxide, finally I have to hit it with the little Bissell hand steam cleaner. Fun, fun.......... :doubt:

Morning everyone.

Thank you dear friend.
We will have a team of hospital staff that will be helping him through both huge hurdles.
Thank the Lord that I can take him to the Benson Hospital for his rehabitaion for both events when he gets home.

And there is always a chance that you'll get through this without the MS attack too. But at least you are experienced with it and can handle it whatever is ahead.

Looks like good weather for the week ahead which is also a good thing. I checked the map and see that you have I-10 the whole way to Tuscon. And that too is a blessing.

I don't know about the rest of you but we are suddenly back to fall weather--mid 50's daytime and above freezing at night. Not sure what to think but won't complain.
76 degrees at noon today in Cowtown. Day before yesterday it was 17 degrees. Crazy weather everywhere.

Our own arctic freeze seems to be abating. Temperatures climbed above 32 degrees for the first time since, what seems like, the early 1990s. Icy a bit, slushy a lot, but nothing has to be shoveled. I did chemically shovel the driveway at lunchtime. A little calcium chloride between my tires and the asphalt goes a long way.

My powers of intuitive thinking took a bit of a vacation today. The new program for housing inspections now asks for a resident signature. I found that during the first inspections I conducted this morning. The building manager and I agreed that we should provide a stylus so that the residents could sign the iPad after their inspection.

So, during my lunch hour, I scoured the town looking for a package of styluses (styli?). In the third store I visited, a clerk approached me and asked if she could help. "Yes! I'm looking for a stylus someone could sign an iPad with." "Umm. Let me look!"

"You know a rubber tipped stick..."

Why couldn't an eraser do the trick? During the Space Race, Americans spent over a million dollars developing a pen that could write in zero gravity. The Russians used a pencil.

Morning everyone.

Thank you dear friend.

And there is always a chance that you'll get through this without the MS attack too. But at least you are experienced with it and can handle it whatever is ahead.

Looks like good weather for the week ahead which is also a good thing. I checked the map and see that you have I-10 the whole way to Tuscon. And that too is a blessing.

Not according to them. I also know he will too.
When he fell into the drywall last summer putting in the new water heater he had just gotten over a long one.
He bruised his back and it went right back into MS again. It prolonged it another 4 weeks.
Their goal is to keep the MS attack as minimimal of possible.

Looks like Mr. and Mrs. Gracie are still getting heavy rain and will continue to get it off and on at least until tomorrow. That has to be tough in that tiny RV and can't even get out to walk around.

Forum List

Back