USMB Coffee Shop IV

Caffeineloading_zpsaee613b1.png

Good morning everyone and happy Hump-Day!

Today's celeb no. 1 drinking coffee:

22cb288bd0fe19472292cc25f2e4217a.jpg

Amanda Seyfried

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Ernie and his friend Royce's family, especially Alisha, as they prepare for the final goodbye,
Sheila and Andrew,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Ollie's daughter Angie,
Mertex as she prepares for the final goodbye for her friend,
Ringel and his family in transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much Foxy, for keeping my MIL on the list all this time, and I can say the power of prayer is truly wonderful. She had her surgery to completely remove the tumor from her liver about three weeks ago and she's doing great. The chemo they injected shrunk it from the size of a baseball down to the size of a cherry ovre a period of about 9 months, and they were able to burn it completely out. She doesn't even have to take chemo treatments any longer, so the entire thing went as well as it possily could. She was so relieved when it was over, so now she can recouperate and look forward to many more years with us. :D

Well, it's Hump Day! Had my morning coffee. Have to get ready to go to Rockford for a routine cardiology doctor's appointment. Watched the finale on The Voice last night. Josh won first place which was not a surprise and I was happy to see that Jake got 2nd place. I had him down for 3rd place... Taco is being a pest this morning. Wants to play. Doesn't he know that I'm just on my second cup of coffee?

Well, it's Hump Day! Had my morning coffee. Have to get ready to go to Rockford for a routine cardiology doctor's appointment. Watched the finale on The Voice last night. Josh won first place which was not a surprise and I was happy to see that Jake got 2nd place. I had him down for 3rd place... Taco is being a pest this morning. Wants to play. Doesn't he know that I'm just on my second cup of coffee?

Hope springs eternal......... :eusa_whistle:

Here's what the Spring plantings look like so far. The window boxes have superbelles, salvia, verbena, vinca and something called a wave flower (it's the purple one up front):

imagejpg5.jpg

Take a look at the tulips! Blown away by the hail storm last week:

imagejpg8.jpg

I planted a container with wave petunias, a spike and some more vinca:

imagejpg4.jpg

I put just one sweet potato vine in each of the flower pouches this year. Sweet potato vines are too aggressive for the window boxes and planting impatiens in the pouches works only if the impatiens are healthy to begin with. There is a fungus attacking the nursery raised impatiens, so by mid July, they get all leggy and look more like a bad crop of asparagus.

imagejpg3.jpg

I'll put in the marigolds after I get to the store and get some more time release fertilizer. I did enough yesterday and I think I may have exhausted Daisy the Mutt. She spent her time watching me, barking at that damn kitty across the street and chewing raw hide strips.

imagejpg1.jpg

Oh, The Forum Nanny said I couldn't give rep to the same post twice. :eusa_shifty:

Hadn't mentioned it with everything else going on but the Mrs has surgery scheduled for Monday the 2nd to have three fibroids removed (finally). One is either 7 or 9 cm, I can't remember and since it's so big they wont know if it will turn into a full hysterectomy until they get in there. Hopefully not.

Morning Coffee Mates! It's another beautiful day in THE Carolina. Expecting 90 and an easy day. You know, I've lived a very rough and high pressured life. Vets here can tell you the military can be highly stressful. Especially when you're in situations where you don't know if you'll be alive from one second to the next. I thought I may never be able to retire. But I had a life changing event in October 2012 and was able to retire last April many years before I had planned. I attribute it to God's grace. Now I live a life of leisure and as Joe Walsh says, life's been god to me so far. I hope and pray it comes to pass for my friends here in the CS. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Now I'm going to the outlets to do some shopping. Nothing in particular, just want to see if anything catches my eye to buy. Then I'm going to do some yard work, a load of laundry or two and then make dinner for Mrs. Blood. Have a blessed day everyone.

Tuesday morning... what to do... what to do...
puzzled-21.png

but isn't it nice to have the choice instead of being told what to do

That's a big 10-4 good buddy... :D

It's not that I don't have anything to do, it's that I have a lot to do and have to decide which thing to do. Friend of mine just called that is partners with a guy and they make custom hardwood flooring. They have massive piles of edge cuttings and he wondered if I wanted a few bundles of it. It's fantastic for campfires. Burns a little quick but who cares? There's tons of it and the campfire burns nice and bright. So, he also bought a receiver from me so I'm going to take that up to him and pick up some wood. I'll take the big old 3/4 ton Chev up on the hill.

It really is shaping up to be a beautiful day here so, I'm out.
i'm praying for some good weather this weekend, although its looking like rain fri- Sun. I've got so much i want to get to. all of it weather dependent. I guess i could work on rock walls or re roof the shed in the rain. not ideal but..... it has to get done.

Look at this wild supercell shot in Wyoming a little while ago. One accompanying story says this kind of super cell rarely produces much rain or a tornado, but can produce some spectacular hail. It definitely has a wow factor.

1400534574000-CLOUD.jpg

It's scary and beautiful. Amazing shot.

but isn't it nice to have the choice instead of being told what to do

That's a big 10-4 good buddy... :D

It's not that I don't have anything to do, it's that I have a lot to do and have to decide which thing to do. Friend of mine just called that is partners with a guy and they make custom hardwood flooring. They have massive piles of edge cuttings and he wondered if I wanted a few bundles of it. It's fantastic for campfires. Burns a little quick but who cares? There's tons of it and the campfire burns nice and bright. So, he also bought a receiver from me so I'm going to take that up to him and pick up some wood. I'll take the big old 3/4 ton Chev up on the hill.

It really is shaping up to be a beautiful day here so, I'm out.
i'm praying for some good weather this weekend, although its looking like rain fri- Sun. I've got so much i want to get to. all of it weather dependent. I guess i could work on rock walls or re roof the shed in the rain. not ideal but..... it has to get done.

We finally got some good rain this morning and it's cool right now so I got more packing done before the heat comes back this afternoon. Plus laundry.

Hope it clears up for you for the weekend.

Make mine a cappuccino

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ao5b6uqI40]How to Make a Cappuccino | Perfect Coffee - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back