USMB Coffee Shop IV

I wish I could view that, but my Shockwave Flash keeps crashing my computer. I have to hit "stop plugin" when I get the window and I have placed a called into my tech as this has been happening since he installed my new W-7 PC a few days ago. Wish I knew how to fix it, myself as he is so busy and I may not get a call back as soon as I need it. It all corrected itself last night but this morning again, it is back. Nothing working but this site and this one keeps freezing until I click...stop plugin....and then I get a few minute reprieve until it happens again...:evil:

Ya know... that's been happening frequently on my computer as well. Not crashing the computer, but I'm getting the drop down that says "Shockwave has crashed," and whatever it was I was listening to or playing quits.

I don't how or why, but one neighbor starts mowing, then the rest of them start mowing, like the domino effect. I can hear lawn mowers in every direction around me. I was thinking I'd mow my lawn too, but I'm going to wait until the sun starts heading the other direction.

Been so busy here I need to take a little break.

Science needs to find a way to send the rain in States that get to much, down to areas that are having droughts. :D

Science needs to find a way to send the rain in States that get to much, down to areas that are having droughts. :D

I've heard of research like this. It might not be easy but it seems like it could be done.

I just wanted to share this video with those of you who don't watch DWTS. I was so thrilled that Maks and Meryl won last night--more for him than her as he has never won a trophy despite being one of the dancers everybody loves to watch. But the chemistry between Maks and Meryl was insane. This video was Week 3 and you would expect to see this in a finale, not week 3. And it only got better and better from there. . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpZ8DJs7lLk]Meryl Davis & Maks "All of Me" ft. Lindsey Stirling | DWTS 18 | LIVE 3-31-14 - YouTube[/ame]

Morning Coffee Mates! It's another beautiful day in THE Carolina. Expecting 90 and an easy day. You know, I've lived a very rough and high pressured life. Vets here can tell you the military can be highly stressful. Especially when you're in situations where you don't know if you'll be alive from one second to the next. I thought I may never be able to retire. But I had a life changing event in October 2012 and was able to retire last April many years before I had planned. I attribute it to God's grace. Now I live a life of leisure and as Joe Walsh says, life's been god to me so far. I hope and pray it comes to pass for my friends here in the CS. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Now I'm going to the outlets to do some shopping. Nothing in particular, just want to see if anything catches my eye to buy. Then I'm going to do some yard work, a load of laundry or two and then make dinner for Mrs. Blood. Have a blessed day everyone.

Mornin', B.
My girls will be coming in from Fayetteville on the first (June). While we've been having some blistering hot days (Alaskan-style), I'm sure the change from your temps to ours will come as quite a shock. It's been hanging around the mid-60s pretty much all this month, so far.
Hope you have fun shopping and cooking.

I don't how or why, but one neighbor starts mowing, then the rest of them start mowing, like the domino effect. I can hear lawn mowers in every direction around me. I was thinking I'd mow my lawn too, but I'm going to wait until the sun starts heading the other direction.

Been so busy here I need to take a little break.

My buddy was mowing his lawn at 10 last night. We're quasi-rural here so no one seems bothered by that, least of all me. I can sleep through an earthquake (and have!) The smell of new-mown grass is right up there with rain-washed, fresh air, too.

Greetings, denizens of the CS!
Cooler this morning than it has been lately. Makes the outside work much more attractive. I've still loads to do, laundry and cleaning the house, as well as a bunch of yard work. I made my Spring dump run last week, taking out a trailer-load of accumulated detritus as well as a couple of winter mortalities. Made my partner go with and help unload his dead llama. No magic disappearances this year.
I got most of the living room at my cabin done this past weekend. I still have some small trim and finish work to do, but the ceiling light fixture is installed, most of the wall paper is done, and I'm ready to frame the door between the kitchen and living room. I've got everything I need to put the roof over the porch, just waiting for the ground to thaw enough to dig the footings. I've also staged most of the materials I'll need to build my shed. The partner is all antsy, tells me I just need to get the roof up and that will be plenty. He's been "cock-blocking" me as much as possible. (He hates that term, tough!) I've been surveying my stock of hammers, I only have one good framing hammer and I doubt the little girls will be able to do much with that. I'll have to see how much they might be able to do. At the very least, they can hand things to their mother and me and help hold things in place. Of course, I'm planning on teaching them how to calculate the angles for the roof trusses. Then they can help set up the jigs and nail the gussets onto the trusses. That they can do.

Was just watching a story with video clip on Huffpo about the Deadliest Catch episode last night--I didn't watch it because the Dancing with the Stars, the Voice, and American Idol finales were all last night and my DVR can only record so much. :)

The right couple got picked for Dancing with the Stars.
We'll find out tonight if the right guy won AI.
And the right guy won the Voice.

But back to Deadliest Catch, the one captain that everybody loves to hate is Elliot Neese with captain "Junior" a close runner up. Both have been pretty much snots and not always team players with the other boats and the series sometimes portrays them as less than likable. But in this episode, Elliot risks his boat to go to the rescue of another that had run into rocks and was sinking. So now he's a hero. Strange how fortunes can turn.

I beat back the Amis and the Tommys in Osterbeek, Arnhem and Valkenswaard last night and this morning......... Tonight I'll take Caen from the Huns.......

I wish I could view that, but my Shockwave Flash keeps crashing my computer. I have to hit "stop plugin" when I get the window and I have placed a called into my tech as this has been happening since he installed my new W-7 PC a few days ago. Wish I knew how to fix it, myself as he is so busy and I may not get a call back as soon as I need it. It all corrected itself last night but this morning again, it is back. Nothing working but this site and this one keeps freezing until I click...stop plugin....and then I get a few minute reprieve until it happens again...:evil:

Ya know... that's been happening frequently on my computer as well. Not crashing the computer, but I'm getting the drop down that says "Shockwave has crashed," and whatever it was I was listening to or playing quits.

:dunno: I have been hearing from two others who post here, they are having the same problem. :eusa_think:

Greetings, denizens of the CS!
Cooler this morning than it has been lately. Makes the outside work much more attractive. I've still loads to do, laundry and cleaning the house, as well as a bunch of yard work. I made my Spring dump run last week, taking out a trailer-load of accumulated detritus as well as a couple of winter mortalities. Made my partner go with and help unload his dead llama. No magic disappearances this year.
I got most of the living room at my cabin done this past weekend. I still have some small trim and finish work to do, but the ceiling light fixture is installed, most of the wall paper is done, and I'm ready to frame the door between the kitchen and living room. I've got everything I need to put the roof over the porch, just waiting for the ground to thaw enough to dig the footings. I've also staged most of the materials I'll need to build my shed. The partner is all antsy, tells me I just need to get the roof up and that will be plenty. He's been "cock-blocking" me as much as possible. (He hates that term, tough!) I've been surveying my stock of hammers, I only have one good framing hammer and I doubt the little girls will be able to do much with that. I'll have to see how much they might be able to do. At the very least, they can hand things to their mother and me and help hold things in place. Of course, I'm planning on teaching them how to calculate the angles for the roof trusses. Then they can help set up the jigs and nail the gussets onto the trusses. That they can do.

Went down to the stream to fetch some water, cooked breakfast in the fireplace, getting ready to sow the fields, have to repair some of the thatch on the roof and cut more wood plus milked the cows. The wife's down at the stream doing laundry, I have to get the buckboard hitched up for a run into town for supplies and I haven't seen any hostile Indians or bandits for months now......... :D

:dunno: I have been hearing from two others who post here, they are having the same problem. :eusa_think:

Google Chrome?

If so:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGFnLZDMXUg]How To Fix Shockwave Flash Crashes in Google Chrome - YouTube[/ame]

I have fewer problems of this type using Google Chrome and AOL browsers than I was having with any of the others. There for awhile I was unable to access any Youtube and similar type videos, and now am having no problems. And all I did different was switch to Google Chrome as my primary browser though I often also use AOL just because its there and convenient.

I have fewer problems of this type using Google Chrome and AOL browsers than I was having with any of the others. There for awhile I was unable to access any Youtube and similar type videos, and now am having no problems. And all I did different was switch to Google Chrome as my primary browser though I often also use AOL just because its there and convenient.

I followed these instructions to shut down the flash player in Chrome.

How To Fix Shockwave Flash Crashes in Google Chrome

Now if I want to watch a Youtube I just right click and copy the URL into a new tab and play from there. A little more hassle but far less annoying that the flash player crashing all the time.

By the way, those of you who love BING--the backgrounds they use make it the most fun to use for me--Microsoft has finally come up with a patch for that security problem they had and ya'll should be getting it in your automatic updates. Or if you don't allow Microsoft to automatically update, you can go to their website to fix it. And even though they aren't supporting XP anymore, they also issued the patch for XP users.

Microsoft fixes big IE bug -- even on Windows XP - CNET

So, presumably it is safe to use IE again.

I came here on November 21, 2013, exactly 6 months ago today. After my intro thread, the first place I posted was in the Coffee Shop (II).

It's not an anniversary, but rather, an interesting milemarker.

IMO the CS is one of the best parts of USMB - getting to know people who are very different in their approach than I (me?? Lord, my English is rusting...)

Anyhow, it's been a good six months. Cheers!

:D

By the way, those of you who love BING--the backgrounds they use make it the most fun to use for me--Microsoft has finally come up with a patch for that security problem they had and ya'll should be getting it in your automatic updates. Or if you don't allow Microsoft to automatically update, you can go to their website to fix it. And even though they aren't supporting XP anymore, they also issued the patch for XP users.

Microsoft fixes big IE bug -- even on Windows XP - CNET

So, presumably it is safe to use IE again.
So that's why my computer is acting nicely today! Today's background at Bing! is the Kingfisher, and wow, are they beautiful in some places.

[ame=http://youtu.be/veQ2ilQrzMU]Common Kingfisher. Bird catching a fish. David Attenborough's opinion. - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back