USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good stuff... did it... we'll see if that cured the problem. I have faith it will.

Actually, that just made it worse.

Here are some more fixes. Apparently the one I posted doesn't always work for everyone. Scroll down to: Check For Conflicting Software and read from there. Hope one of these helps.

How To Fix Shockwave Flash Crashes in Google Chrome

Something seems to have gone awry with YouTube (or with Flash) -- every time I open a video I get "error, try later" from YT but if I refresh the page then it plays.

Not using Chrome though - this is Opera.
BTW I started a browser review thread a while back in the Computer sub-forum for those who are interested. Check out my review of Lunascape (page 2 or 3). :thup:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/computers/167107-internet-browsers.html#post3634921

I came here on November 21, 2013, exactly 6 months ago today. After my intro thread, the first place I posted was in the Coffee Shop (II).

It's not an anniversary, but rather, an interesting milemarker.

IMO the CS is one of the best parts of USMB - getting to know people who are very different in their approach than I (me?? Lord, my English is rusting...)

Anyhow, it's been a good six months. Cheers!

:D

"I" is correct, because the understood verb would be "am". Nominative case.

Phew!! Saved by the good old nominative case!!!

:lol:

As in "very different in their approach as I"...( AM. ) I am...not me...am...

I loved my 6th grade English teacher, Mrs. Baker, as she wouldn't let anything slip by. She made one learn, if she had to send you back to your desk all day, every day. Book reports....:eek:...all of her red underlining...throughout...:lol: Passed with an A. Helps to also have parents who know proper English and grammar and are there to support the teacher and be good role models for their children. ( not that I remember all I learned )

On another note: My new W-7 has crashed with the Shockwave thing, so I am on a little Chromebook with 13.3 inch screen. It is going to be a long day or two before help arrives. :( Having to type ever so slowly on this ittle-bitty keyboard. The good news? I have this backup. :thup:

I am just happy that I am not responsible for correcting my students grammar and spelling. As long as I can make out what they are trying to convey, I'm fine. When it comes to technical accuracy, however, they'd better know what they're describing. Of course, most of the younger students would never make it as technical writers, but most of them do not aspire to that career.

I am just happy that I am not responsible for correcting my students grammar and spelling. As long as I can make out what they are trying to convey, I'm fine. When it comes to technical accuracy, however, they'd better know what they're describing. Of course, most of the younger students would never make it as technical writers, but most of them do not aspire to that career.

I no wat u meen.

Good stuff... did it... we'll see if that cured the problem. I have faith it will.

Actually, that just made it worse.

Here are some more fixes. Apparently the one I posted doesn't always work for everyone. Scroll down to: Check For Conflicting Software and read from there. Hope one of these helps.

How To Fix Shockwave Flash Crashes in Google Chrome

Actually when at the plugin page and expand shockwave at the top, I redid it and disabled the other file they said to disable, and all is good.

"I" is correct, because the understood verb would be "am". Nominative case.

Phew!! Saved by the good old nominative case!!!

:lol:

As in "very different in their approach as I"...( AM. ) I am...not me...am...

I loved my 6th grade English teacher, Mrs. Baker, as she wouldn't let anything slip by. She made one learn, if she had to send you back to your desk all day, every day. Book reports....:eek:...all of her red underlining...throughout...:lol: Passed with an A. Helps to also have parents who know proper English and grammar and are there to support the teacher and be good role models for their children. ( not that I remember all I learned )

On another note: My new W-7 has crashed with the Shockwave thing, so I am on a little Chromebook with 13.3 inch screen. It is going to be a long day or two before help arrives. :( Having to type ever so slowly on this ittle-bitty keyboard. The good news? I have this backup. :thup:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-lounge/354712-usmb-coffee-shop-iv-31.html#post9133164

happy-hump-day-0qoinO.jpg

I wish I could view that, but my Shockwave Flash keeps crashing my computer. I have to hit "stop plugin" when I get the window and I have placed a called into my tech as this has been happening since he installed my new W-7 PC a few days ago. Wish I knew how to fix it, myself as he is so busy and I may not get a call back as soon as I need it. It all corrected itself last night but this morning again, it is back. Nothing working but this site and this one keeps freezing until I click...stop plugin....and then I get a few minute reprieve until it happens again...:evil:

Stop using Internet Explorer, it won't support Flash anymore for some reason.

Try Firefox, that's what I have to use now.

OK, so we can't get RID of commercials on regular TV, but I wish some TV manufacturer would come up with a TV that mutes ITSELF when commercials come on. As it is, I'm hoping I don't wear out the mute button on my remote.

Last edited:
OK, so we can't get RID of commercials on regular TV, but I wish some TV manufacturer would come up with a TV that mutes ITSELF when commercials come on. As it is, I'm hoping I don't wear out the mute button on my remote.

So when do you know it's time to come back to the sofa?

Four days until I say goodbye to my teeth. Oh yay. But disappointing to have to miss at least two classes - and mum isn't making me miss anymore.

Hope everyone missed me the last two days lol.

Four days until I say goodbye to my teeth. Oh yay. But disappointing to have to miss at least two classes - and mum isn't making me miss anymore.

Hope everyone missed me the last two days lol.

What's happening to your teeth? Last year you had all your hair cut off, are you donating your teeth this year?

Haha, noo. Just getting wisdom teeth out, is all. :)

So when do you know it's time to come back to the sofa?

That's never really a problem, since commercials seem to go on forever.

"We apologize for interrupting these commercials to bring you a program."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back