USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ya know... that's been happening frequently on my computer as well. Not crashing the computer, but I'm getting the drop down that says "Shockwave has crashed," and whatever it was I was listening to or playing quits.

:dunno: I have been hearing from two others who post here, they are having the same problem. :eusa_think:

Google Chrome?

If so:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGFnLZDMXUg]How To Fix Shockwave Flash Crashes in Google Chrome - YouTube[/ame]
Good stuff... did it... we'll see if that cured the problem. I have faith it will.

Actually, that just made it worse.

Last edited:
:dunno: I have been hearing from two others who post here, they are having the same problem. :eusa_think:

Google Chrome?

If so:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGFnLZDMXUg]How To Fix Shockwave Flash Crashes in Google Chrome - YouTube[/ame]
Good stuff... did it... we'll see if that cured the problem. I have faith it will.

If you can't find a workable fix create a desktop folder, backup your current Chrome profile and extension into it, uninstall the current version (including the current profile-in Chrome) and install an older version.

Google Chrome?

If so:

Here are some more fixes. Apparently the one I posted doesn't always work for everyone. Scroll down to: Check For Conflicting Software and read from there. Hope one of these helps.

How To Fix Shockwave Flash Crashes in Google Chrome

And if all else fails a nice refreshing dump will make you feel better. If there's a problem with that process........

post-19914-Coffee-dont-have-to-poop-well-0OJz.jpeg

Last edited:
I came here on November 21, 2013, exactly 6 months ago today. After my intro thread, the first place I posted was in the Coffee Shop (II).

It's not an anniversary, but rather, an interesting milemarker.

IMO the CS is one of the best parts of USMB - getting to know people who are very different in their approach than I (me?? Lord, my English is rusting...)

Anyhow, it's been a good six months. Cheers!

:D

"I" is correct, because the understood verb would be "am". Nominative case.

I came here on November 21, 2013, exactly 6 months ago today. After my intro thread, the first place I posted was in the Coffee Shop (II).

IMO the CS is one of the best parts of USMB - getting to know people who are very different in their approach than I (me?? Lord, my English is rusting...)

Phew!! Saved by the good old nominative case!!!

:lol:

Phew!! Saved by the good old nominative case!!!

Dan Adams came to mind immediately!

get-smart-don-adams1.jpg

Here are some more fixes. Apparently the one I posted doesn't always work for everyone. Scroll down to: Check For Conflicting Software and read from there. Hope one of these helps.

Something seems to have gone awry with YouTube (or with Flash) -- every time I open a video I get "error, try later" from YT but if I refresh the page then it plays.

Not using Chrome though - this is Opera.

By the way, those of you who love BING--the backgrounds they use make it the most fun to use for me--Microsoft has finally come up with a patch for that security problem they had and ya'll should be getting it in your automatic updates. Or if you don't allow Microsoft to automatically update, you can go to their website to fix it. And even though they aren't supporting XP anymore, they also issued the patch for XP users.

Microsoft fixes big IE bug -- even on Windows XP - CNET

So, presumably it is safe to use IE again.
So that's why my computer is acting nicely today! Today's background at Bing! is the Kingfisher, and wow, are they beautiful in some places.

[ame=http://youtu.be/veQ2ilQrzMU]Common Kingfisher. Bird catching a fish. David Attenborough's opinion. - YouTube[/ame]

I had hummingbirds this morning on Bing. Breathtaking.

With the cold snap overcome and warm weather back it's time for the first seasonal batch of Balela:

I can black beans
1 can chick peas (garbanzos)
2 tomatoes, diced (~ ¾ cup)
1 chopped white onion
1 clove garlic (actually several)
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup vinegar
1 lemon, squeezed
½ cup chopped Italian parsley (<< the lead singer)
chopped hot peppers and/or hot sauce to taste
Dash of cumin
Optional: mint, capers, julienned carrot (for texture), celery top leaves (< good for managing hot weather)

Marinate ~ 1 hour in fridge. Exquisite.

Last edited:

Something seems to have gone awry with YouTube (or with Flash) -- every time I open a video I get "error, try later" from YT but if I refresh the page then it plays.

You have to sing "Nessun Dorma" three times, backwards, in nominative case, then Opera will work perfectly. :D

:thup:

Opera is a simple fix.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd-12-vyCiw]Real Voice Lesson 1. Tune Your Voice Now - YouTube[/ame]

You have to sing "Nessun Dorma" three times, backwards, in nominative case, then Opera will work perfectly. :D

:thup:

I haven't had Nessun Dorma since my last Indian meal when they ran out of Papadam.

Forum List

Back