USMB Coffee Shop IV

My teeth are ugly.
Losing a lot of enamel now. I try to keep hygiene proper but it's hard being homeless and using only bottled water in an RV. I don't want to smile anymore. Ugly.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

I remember my milk teeth problems from childhood - it was terrible... And, it's strange, my returns from dental clinic strongly associated with funerals of another Soviet leader of "five-years of magnificent funerals" ;)))) Now my son have the same problems with teeths, and it's terrible again...
How old is your son? Do you have any other children?

My elder son is 7 years old and he visit 1st grade of school every day. It's hard for him to awake at 7 o'clock, especially during winter, but I think some years later it would become a habit, like with me...

Also have two twin sons of 2.5 years - they still not visit childgarden, maybe some months later... :)
2.5 yrs old?! They are better spending time with family. 7 yrs, children really enjoy new experiences with other children.
My granddaughters are 14 and 16 years old this year.

Not an easy age for girls :)
Not an easy age for parents, either!:eek:

Add me to your movie junkies club, but for me there aren't very many 21st century movies that I really appreciate. I much prefer those that are or will soon be classics and even among those, I'm picky.

What sort of movies do you prefer? Habe you seen, for example, "Master and Commander"? What do you think about it? :)

I have seen it, and I think it pretty good for what it is, but I prefer more joy or humor and less blood and gore in my movies.

I very like it, because it's an awesome reconstruction. I'm interesting in different periods of history, took part in historical reconstruction - and looking all historic films through this knowledges... The quantity of movies with good material reconstruction is so few...

About humorous films... There are a lot of Soviet classic comedies, you have to see. For example this - without speech, about Soviet bootleggers :))

OK, that was pretty funny, and it looked a lot like Alaska in many ways. Except now, they'd have marijuana instead of vodka (little water).

:))) Marijuana it's a drug of East. But in Soviet time rural people used hemp to make ropes, not to smoke USSR kept all sides of drugs and info about it outside the borders...So, it was time for more traditional ways to damage own health... :))

The hemp used to make ropes is the same family as marijuana, but it is not exactly the same plant. Good that many drugs were prevented from influencing your culture. By more traditional health damage, do you refer to alcohol?

Speaking of USMB Coffee Shoppe, I think I shall brew up a small pot of coffee now to warm up with. We have several feet of snow now here in the Rocky Mountains.

Featured today are the Cheeseheads vs Dallas then later the Steel Curtain vs KC.

We have a lot of snow, and I'm drinking hot tea before sleeping, because, it seems, I have a flu :)
Sorry you have a flu. I have a funny Russian tea story. One of my supervisors at one time was a Soviet ex-patriot, Stan. He drank his tea from a nice glass, unlike Americans, who use cups. One day, the women who worked for Stan took a feminine hygiene product, applied a liberal amount of strawberry preserves to it and replaced Stan's teabag with it. When Stan found this in his tea, he took it out and tossed it out the office window. His comment was something about "G-damned vimminn!"
The post script to this story was: the next morning the Marine personnel were responsible for picking up trash around the buildings. When one of them picked up the offending object, he screamed like a little girl and threw it away like it was a poisonous snake. The women working in the office laughed their butts off! Evil wenches...

I was looking through the 2017 Famer's Almanac and found the winter weather map interesting.
fa weather.jpg

I wonder how they can always get things so right?

Do the local dirt roads get really muddy when it rains?

131_0904_01_z%2Bmuddy_muddy_xmas%2Bmuddy_truck_front.jpg

Giggles
Yes they do and in summer monsoon it gets worse than that picture sometimes. :biggrin:

I had a good nights sleep.I hope you did also Ringel. :)
Slept okay but with all the rain my sinuses are currently my worst enemy.........

In reality my moderately humorous inquiry is based in gathering info. Many of the homes we looked at (online) are outside of Tucson and on dirt/gravel roads, wondering how bad it would really be.

Twice a year it gets bad in January and July from moonsoons.
Look for higher grounds for a house ,away from the main washes and have 4 wheel drive and your good.:)
If you don't have 4wheel drive like us you aren't going anywhere till the next day. :biggrin:
I've lived out west long enough to know about arroyos and flat land flooding that accompany the monsoons and I do have a 4 wheel drive Ram truck so that wouldn't be much of an issue. My concerns are primarily, water, sewer, electric/gas and cable/internet access.
Good man! Somehow I suspected you were a Dodge man.
Actually I'm a Ford truck man, best truck suspension on the market, they drive like a sedan not a truck. The Dodge was my dad's, I got it in the inheritance not that I'm complaining, 2003 double cab short bed 4x4 with all the bells and whistles and it only had 30K miles on it, about 42K now.

Done with most doc visits except x-rays ordered on both wrists and left hip, karmas rabies shot and exam, two teeth that have small cavities. Then...Done. finally.

Been looking at stores for mrgs bed and my recliner..Also made a list of things we need, like towels, couple of plates and necessary items for the new room. So far...It's a go, unless a pine tree falls on his house.

And FF is correct. Healthcare here is county by county. The plan I am on now only is good for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara county. Up north, I have to get on a new plan...whatever that will be. And it takes a couple of months for the transition. Which means I will be straight medi-cal...Which is only good for ER...Not a regular doc. So if I get an ear infection, cold, sinus problem, rash, etc...No doc. I have to go to ER. Until I am put on another plan, anyway. This also means med refills...So for my high blood pressure pills, thyroid pills, etc...I have to sit in ER.

Dumb, yes?

And FF is correct. Healthcare here is county by county. The plan I am on now only is good for San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara county. Up north, I have to get on a new plan...whatever that will be. And it takes a couple of months for the transition. Which means I will be straight medi-cal...Which is only good for ER...Not a regular doc. So if I get an ear infection, cold, sinus problem, rash, etc...No doc. I have to go to ER. Until I am put on another plan, anyway. This also means med refills...So for my high blood pressure pills, thyroid pills, etc...I have to sit in ER.

Dumb, yes?

Why in the world is it county by county?

So to solve that prob...I will keep my address here, still live here, and will be "visiting" mrg but drive back here each month to see my regular docs...Which is a 6 hour drive one way. So I will spend the night in my car once a month here...Just so I can keep my healthcare HERE. I am still a resident here.

Funny and not haha funny, that MrG and I have to separate just so I can see a doc. Until I hit 65 anyway...Then I get on Medicare..Which covers me in any state, any county.

So to solve that prob...I will keep my address here, still live here, and will be "visiting" mrg but drive back here each month to see my regular docs...Which is a 6 hour drive one way. So I will spend the night in my car once a month here...Just so I can keep my healthcare HERE. I am still a resident here.

Funny and not haha funny, that MrG and I have to separate just so I can see a doc. Until I hit 65 anyway...Then I get on Medicare..Which covers me in any state, any county.

What do you mean separate?

Giggles
Yes they do and in summer monsoon it gets worse than that picture sometimes. :biggrin:

I had a good nights sleep.I hope you did also Ringel. :)
Slept okay but with all the rain my sinuses are currently my worst enemy.........

In reality my moderately humorous inquiry is based in gathering info. Many of the homes we looked at (online) are outside of Tucson and on dirt/gravel roads, wondering how bad it would really be.

Twice a year it gets bad in January and July from moonsoons.
Look for higher grounds for a house ,away from the main washes and have 4 wheel drive and your good.:)
If you don't have 4wheel drive like us you aren't going anywhere till the next day. :biggrin:
I've lived out west long enough to know about arroyos and flat land flooding that accompany the monsoons and I do have a 4 wheel drive Ram truck so that wouldn't be much of an issue. My concerns are primarily, water, sewer, electric/gas and cable/internet access.
Good man! Somehow I suspected you were a Dodge man.
Actually I'm a Ford truck man, best truck suspension on the market, they drive like a sedan not a truck. The Dodge was my dad's, I got it in the inheritance not that I'm complaining, 2003 double cab short bed 4x4 with all the bells and whistles and it only had 30K miles on it, about 42K now.
I used to like Chevy trucks before I bought my first Dodge. I'm on my fourth Dodge 3/4 truck right now. I was super impressed when we were able to to Hoe-zilla, and the rented trailer, from her former home to our Willow place, about 40 miles. Rough estimate, probably 20,000 lbs. and we had to keep the speed slow because we couldn't use the stabilizer bar on the trailer, but we made it with no problem. That's a diesel powerplant.

Dumb, yes?

I don't know. It just is. This is why we have trying so hard to stay here. When we moved to LA, I lost my medical. I have been without it since then and was just reinstated Jan 1st...Which is why I have had so many doc appts. When I saw my old doc a couple of days ago, my BP was 189...And when he asked why it was so high, I said "no meds and I am not going to sit in ER for 6 hours just to get a few pills".

Dumb, yes?

I don't know. It just is. This is why we have trying so hard to stay here. When we moved to LA, I lost my medical. I have been without it since then and was just reinstated Jan 1st...Which is why I have had so many doc appts. When I saw my old doc a couple of days ago, my BP was 189...And when he asked why it was so high, I said "no meds and I am not going to sit in ER for 6 hours just to get a few pills".

Dang Gracie. You mean 1st number was 189?? so was 189 over??

What do you mean separate?
Be separate. He lives up north. I live here. I am there just "visiting". My PO is here. My bank is here. I reside here...In my car since I am homeless and on the paperwork, my address is the local shelter, but still a resident of this county. Mrg can go anywhere and get medical because he is on Medicare. I can't until I turn 65.

Dumb, yes?

Dumb, yes?

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't had health insurance since I got too old to be on my father's plan 20-something years ago. I haven't been to a doctor in that time, either. :p

Forum List

Back