USMB Coffee Shop IV

Wow ! I just watched 'Game of thrones' series six ,episodes 9 and 10. There was sure a lot of action and some extreme battle scenes. Now I have to wait months for series 7, the final series to come out and I am expecting some extreme spectacle, as it draws to its conclusion.

Yeah, it's a good series. I've read all books of Martin and had an experience of LRPG in this world. Series have some differences from books, so it very interesting to see..

I'm wondering how different the show's ending will be from the books'.

I tried and tried to get interested in "Game of Thrones" based on other's rave reviews of it, but it was just too dark and violent for me. Maybe sometimes when I am in a better mood for that. . . .

' Game of thrones' is certainly violent. In series 6 episode 9 there is a huge battle between two armies and they end up having to climb over a huge pile of bodies to get at one another. They also film graphic details, like someone getting a sword through their throats. I assume that is all done with CGI computer graphics.

You might enjoy 'the Mummy' and its sequel, as it is humorous and has a hero and heroine and a monster.
When I watch TV I look for the following:

1 - national and international news (PBS etc.)
2 - local news
3 - documentaries (Frontline, AmerExperience, etc)
4 - Nature & animals
5 - Crime documentaries
6 - Crime dramas (Criminal Minds, etc)
7 - national sports (playoffs mostly)
8 - local sports (Raiders soon moving to Las Vegas)

And NOT the crap called reality shows like Game Of Thrones.

What might possibly have given you the impression Game of Thrones is considered a "reality show"? It is a fantasy drama.

Blood, sex and wars...

It cannot be more "reality" than this...:eusa_whistle:

I think, real medieval life was not so dramatical, like in GoT :) This is a movie about "how modern people could live in dark medieval, till the survivors form the new civilization" :)))

If medieval life were as dramatic as GoT, medieval history would be a much more enjoyable subject. :lol:

While I was in the shower this morning I began to wonder... I wonder how many vanilla wafers you could get in a 12"x12"x12" box? If you stacked them neatly you could get a good number of them into the box but I'm thinking if you crushed them up you could get more into the box. What say you?

While I was in the shower this morning I began to wonder... I wonder how many vanilla wafers you could get in a 12"x12"x12" box? If you stacked them neatly you could get a good number of them into the box but I'm thinking if you crushed them up you could get more into the box. What say you?

I agree on the crushing but have no idea how many. But I think that would be a grand project for a cold winter day. :)

Last edited:
Okay this was on Facebook today so it must be true, yes?

15283910_1569389346421497_2471916951723747981_n.jpg

I think this photo clearly illustrates your point. :D

Spider-In-The-Toilet.jpg

Just got back from Tucson not too long ago.
Hubbie and I had a wonderful day today for our anniversary, despite the setting. :)
33 years and we both agree we want more years, 33 isn't long enough.
We are true soul mates. :)

His heart is not strong enough to have the surgery, so they are sending him home in a couple of days.
He has to wear a vest in order to keep his heart beat regular.
They haven't told us yet if he needs to go to therapy yet.
He likes that he will be able to drive after he gets home though. :)

Last edited:
Hubbie and I had a wonderful day today for our anniversary, despite the setting. :)

His heart is not strong enough to have the surgery, so they are sending him home in a couple of days.

I am so glad you were able to enjoy your anniversary together. I am really sorry you have to postpone the surgery though. Still, we have to trust that the doctors know best.

Still in our prayers.
Not sure how much you know about the Tucson area but from what I've been reading the primary area to avoid is the southwest areas due to the higher crime rates there. Also recently read a lot of people are opting for Vail AZ, out side of town, quiet and safe but growing. The other area I like is the Picture Rocks area to the northwest (on the north side of Saguaro National Park).

A vest huh? Wonder what a bowtie would do for him?

Still in our prayers.
Not sure how much you know about the Tucson area but from what I've been reading the primary area to avoid is the southwest areas due to the higher crime rates there. Also recently read a lot of people are opting for Vail AZ, out side of town, quiet and safe but growing. The other area I like is the Picture Rocks area to the northwest (on the north side of Saguaro National Park).

Vail is a beautiful area .

Still in our prayers.

Thank you and yes everone keep praying that his heart gets stronger.
Time will tell how much of it was damaged.

Still in our prayers.

Sounds like the outside of his heart, the inside sounds like you have it.

Still in our prayers.

We discovered just how rare it really is for people to find their soul mates. We were talking with the nurses and Doctors who see many couples over the years and they was telling us how rare it happens.
I was 30 and he was 36 before we found each other.
I'm going to be a very lost soul without him indeed.

I'm very tired my eyes feel like sandpaper so I'm headed for bed very shortly.

Still in our prayers.

We discovered just how rare it really is for people to find their soul mates. We were talking with the nurses and Doctors who see many couples over the years and they was telling us how rare it happens.
I was 30 and he was 36 before we found each other.
I'm going to be a very lost soul without him indeed.

I'm very tired my eyes feel like sandpaper so I'm headed for bed very shortly.

No, not looking to put up a house, 10 to 20 years ago no problem, even 5 years ago I probably could have done it but why build when I can get an existing structure (in fair to good shape) cheaper. We eventually will sit down with a real estate agent, cover everything we're looking for and go from there, REOs are a good possibility even considered auctions but auctions can be tricky at best.

Then like you said where your looking they have all of things you asked about.
Not sure exactly what you wanted to know about the water and others you asked about.
Im so confused!!! :lol:
Some of the ones we looked at are near Tucson but the roads are all dirt, one plus acre sites but I don't know if they're on city water/sewer or wells and septic, if they have cable and gas or use propane. We will find that out when we talk to someone up there.
We are still looking in New Mexico, found a nice one on 1.25 acres up in Alto (between Ruidoso and Capitan), has all the city amenities even though it's not in the city.

Now there is a HUGE difference between the alpine environment of Ruidoso/Alto and the desert environment of southeast Arizona. And pros and cons to both. I wouldn't dare advise other than to be sure before you choose.
We're still looking all over between Arizona and New Mexico, just looked at a couple of nice ones in Espanola.

Initial gut reaction, I would not choose Espanola. There are social dynamics there that could be problematic. I don't know how it is now, but in the past was known as a mean town with an unusually high crime rate for a small town, especially in thefts and assaults. Unless you were fluent in Spanish, you could have difficulty even communicating with some folks there and 'gringos' were often viewed with suspicion and/or become targets.

Espanola is known as the 'low rider capital of the world' and nobody has ever challenged them for the title. When my niece and her family lived there for awhile some years ago, she said she became very afraid of the low riders associated with gang and drug activity and they eventually left because it was never comfortable for them there. I always watched my back a lot more when I was working there at times.

I think that is not so much the case now but it is still known as a tough and sometimes mean little town. And I could also be doing it a huge disservice with that impression of it. Further north at Taos or south to Santa Fe, both really weird at times, you don't have that dynamic so much. Here in Albuquerque or down the I-25 corridor or the Ruidoso/Alto area, not at all.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Wow ! I just watched 'Game of thrones' series six ,episodes 9 and 10. There was sure a lot of action and some extreme battle scenes. Now I have to wait months for series 7, the final series to come out and I am expecting some extreme spectacle, as it draws to its conclusion.

I tried and tried to get interested in "Game of Thrones" based on other's rave reviews of it, but it was just too dark and violent for me. Maybe sometimes when I am in a better mood for that. . . .

' Game of thrones' is certainly violent. In series 6 episode 9 there is a huge battle between two armies and they end up having to climb over a huge pile of bodies to get at one another. They also film graphic details, like someone getting a sword through their throats. I assume that is all done with CGI computer graphics.

You might enjoy 'the Mummy' and its sequel, as it is humorous and has a hero and heroine and a monster.

2 - local news
4 - Nature & animals
5 - Crime documentaries

"Game of Thrones" is anything but a 'reality' show. Unless you think magic, evil, re-animated dead armies, horse lords, and dragons are real. It's more like a "dungeons and dragons" type of fantasy fiction. But, yes, it is violent...and definitely includes adult content.

2 - local news
4 - Nature & animals
5 - Crime documentaries

Game of Thrones is not a reality show and it is not crap but rather an extremely successful and acclaimed drama series. I don't watch it because I do not enjoy violence, but I respect those who do enjoy it.

Your list is a pretty good one. On the other hand I do enjoy come of the reality shows like "Ice Road Truckers", "Deadliest Catch", "Survivor" etc. which may or may not classify as crap and also many of the competition shows--"The Voice" and "America's Got Talent" and "Hell's Kitchen" and "American Ninja Warrior" etc. which also may or may not qualify as crap.
I am fond of what I refer to as "costume dramas", like "Downtown Abbey", "The Tudors", "Poldark", as well as fantasy shows like "Game of Thrones". So-called "reality" shows, like "Ice Road Truckers" and others of similar genre are just boring crap. I mean, how dangerous, or real, can things get when there are film crews and production units everywhere?

Talked to hubbie on the phone this morning, he sounds real good. :)
He loves being able to walk around.
It's rainy here like Foxfyre said and we live on dirt roads so we decided I won't go up to see him today.
They are moving him this morning, so he will call me later today when he knows his new room number.

It's my relax day so I'm all recharged for the upcomming surgery. :)
Do the local dirt roads get really muddy when it rains?

131_0904_01_z%2Bmuddy_muddy_xmas%2Bmuddy_truck_front.jpg

Giggles
Yes they do and in summer monsoon it gets worse than that picture sometimes. :biggrin:

I had a good nights sleep.I hope you did also Ringel. :)
Slept okay but with all the rain my sinuses are currently my worst enemy.........

In reality my moderately humorous inquiry is based in gathering info. Many of the homes we looked at (online) are outside of Tucson and on dirt/gravel roads, wondering how bad it would really be.

Twice a year it gets bad in January and July from moonsoons.
Look for higher grounds for a house ,away from the main washes and have 4 wheel drive and your good.:)
If you don't have 4wheel drive like us you aren't going anywhere till the next day. :biggrin:
I've lived out west long enough to know about arroyos and flat land flooding that accompany the monsoons and I do have a 4 wheel drive Ram truck so that wouldn't be much of an issue. My concerns are primarily, water, sewer, electric/gas and cable/internet access.
Good man! Somehow I suspected you were a Dodge man.

Forum List

Back