USMB Coffee Shop IV

Speaking of USMB Coffee Shoppe, I think I shall brew up a small pot of coffee now to warm up with. We have several feet of snow now here in the Rocky Mountains.

Featured today are the Cheeseheads vs Dallas then later the Steel Curtain vs KC.

We have a lot of snow, and I'm drinking hot tea before sleeping, because, it seems, I have a flu :)
Sorry you have a flu. I have a funny Russian tea story. One of my supervisors at one time was a Soviet ex-patriot, Stan. He drank his tea from a nice glass, unlike Americans, who use cups. One day, the women who worked for Stan took a feminine hygiene product, applied a liberal amount of strawberry preserves to it and replaced Stan's teabag with it. When Stan found this in his tea, he took it out and tossed it out the office window. His comment was something about "G-damned vimminn!"
The post script to this story was: the next morning the Marine personnel were responsible for picking up trash around the buildings. When one of them picked up the offending object, he screamed like a little girl and threw it away like it was a poisonous snake. The women working in the office laughed their butts off! Evil wenches...

Such an evil history! :) Did he use his glass free as in Soviet cafe, or with coaster, like it used till current time in trains? :)

View attachment 107061
Only when filled with the blood of virgins....

Is it a sort of wine? Why no? At least, Liebfrauenmilch is a good wine..

Speaking of USMB Coffee Shoppe, I think I shall brew up a small pot of coffee now to warm up with. We have several feet of snow now here in the Rocky Mountains.

Featured today are the Cheeseheads vs Dallas then later the Steel Curtain vs KC.

We have a lot of snow, and I'm drinking hot tea before sleeping, because, it seems, I have a flu :)
Sorry you have a flu. I have a funny Russian tea story. One of my supervisors at one time was a Soviet ex-patriot, Stan. He drank his tea from a nice glass, unlike Americans, who use cups. One day, the women who worked for Stan took a feminine hygiene product, applied a liberal amount of strawberry preserves to it and replaced Stan's teabag with it. When Stan found this in his tea, he took it out and tossed it out the office window. His comment was something about "G-damned vimminn!"
The post script to this story was: the next morning the Marine personnel were responsible for picking up trash around the buildings. When one of them picked up the offending object, he screamed like a little girl and threw it away like it was a poisonous snake. The women working in the office laughed their butts off! Evil wenches...

Such an evil history! :) Did he use his glass free as in Soviet cafe, or with coaster, like it used till current time in trains? :)

View attachment 107061
Free, no coaster. He was actually Russian ethnic, left Poland to join relatives in Chicago...an entirely amusing story. He joined the US Army and was very helpful as a translator. He was a big, burly, blond fellow who entirely embodied the American stereotype of a Soviet officer.

Like "Ivan Drago"? :)

Glass, like at photo, was very popular in USSR. It used in Soviet dining halls (for tea and coffee), in lemonade automats, for juicies in cafe... and for the drinking vodka. It's volume exact 200 gramm, a doze for the "real man". And in soviet life were a custom to buy one bottle of vodka for three man, because it cost usually multiple for 3. So, in this glass there are a invisible line of 166.6 gramms, every experienced alcoholic knows :)

But for me all this things - a tradition of ansectors. During student times I preferred a beer or wine :))

View attachment 107061
Free, no coaster. He was actually Russian ethnic, left Poland to join relatives in Chicago...an entirely amusing story. He joined the US Army and was very helpful as a translator. He was a big, burly, blond fellow who entirely embodied the American stereotype of a Soviet officer.

Glass, like at photo, was very popular in USSR. It used in Soviet dining halls (for tea and coffee), in lemonade automats, for juicies in cafe... and for the drinking vodka. It's volume exact 200 gramm, a doze for the "real man". And in soviet life were a custom to buy one bottle of vodka for three man, because it cost usually multiple for 3. So, in this glass there are a invisible line of 166.6 gramms, every experienced alcoholic knows :)

But for me all this things - a tradition of ansectors. During student times I preferred a beer or wine :))
In my student times, I preferred Scotch. Now, I prefer beer, but wine will do. When I last lived in Europe, I had a well stocked wine cellar. Now, I make my own mead.

View attachment 107061

In my student times, I preferred Scotch. Now, I prefer beer, but wine will do. When I last lived in Europe, I had a well stocked wine cellar. Now, I make my own mead.

Oh! mead is great! Apple or cherry mead - mmmm %))) Scotch is good and strong similar, to vodka, but it drinks by small potions... Instead of vodka, which you must drink in one action. As for beer - I prefer it till now, because in Russia there are many small local breweries, making good fresh beer...

1403497370_27941ac585_b.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
And let's send up some special prayers and positive thoughts for Gracie & Mr. G who need a break big time right now.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Love the pic!!!!

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
And let's send up some special prayers and positive thoughts for Gracie & Mr. G who need a break big time right now.

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Love the pic!!!!

Ha-ha, let's visit Red Square together! :) When I was living some months in Moscow, Red Square was in 10 min of walking from me, so I frequently used it to meet with friends (the same IT engineers as me) to drink beer at evening. There are a lots expensive clubs around Red Square, but people, who know Moscow, could find more accessible places... :)

It's another strange thing - all the world associated Russia with Moscow, but inside Russia the proverb "Moscow - is not Russia" is very popular :)

Welp good news on this end. Just heard from my lawyer, the judge ruled in my favor on my disability claim. If it doesn't get pulled for review (happens in rare instances) I should start getting paid by the end of February and receive a one lump "back pay" of two and a half years in around 60 days. I will also be eligible for Medicare by March-April time frame.
I'm happy to know you had this big good news Ringel! :smiliehug:

And a pleasant Sunday to you esthermoon. I always smile when you check in here.
Hi Foxfyre! :bye1:
Thanks for you words :)
I hope you're having a good day! :smiliehug:

Welp good news on this end. Just heard from my lawyer, the judge ruled in my favor on my disability claim. If it doesn't get pulled for review (happens in rare instances) I should start getting paid by the end of February and receive a one lump "back pay" of two and a half years in around 60 days. I will also be eligible for Medicare by March-April time frame.
I'm happy to know you had this big good news Ringel! :smiliehug:

And a pleasant Sunday to you esthermoon. I always smile when you check in here.
Hi Foxfyre! :bye1:
Thanks for you words :)
I hope you're having a good day! :smiliehug:

Hi! Don't sleep too? :)

I've already had a 3rd cup of coffee but thought I'd drop in and introduce myself.

Hi!

I'm a 4th generation Floridian, former Army brat who's lived in Michigan, Indiana, Colorado and the Carolinas in my youth. A retired educator, married 47 years to high school sweetheart who is retired USDA Forest Service. Our first home was a tent. Three grown children, two young grandchildren. We live in a rural area and for many years grew and/or raised most of our own food. Spent countless days in the spring and fall canning, freezing and pickling. Until recently boarded horses and gave beginner riding lessons both English and western. Have enjoyed doing volunteer work with troubled youth and at-risk families. Am a Christian, but not a regular church goer.

Love to fish, kayak and read. In my opinion the best time of day to enjoy a cup of coffee is early morning, on the front porch watching the sun rise...even better when the porch faces a beach. No coffee after 3pm, at that point I switch to wine. Enjoy poetry, photography and painting...and sometimes mixed media, ie painting pictures with words...such as...

On the Way to the Ramp (a word picture)

A sun struggling to break its chains...
the distant splash of feeding fish.
A ghostly cry from an unseen bird...
the soft caress of lingering mist.

Now you know my life story. TMI? :biggrin:

I've already had a 3rd cup of coffee but thought I'd drop in and introduce myself.

Hi!

I'm a 4th generation Floridian, former Army brat who's lived in Michigan, Indiana, Colorado and the Carolinas in my youth. A retired educator, married 47 years to high school sweetheart who is retired USDA Forest Service. Our first home was a tent. Three grown children, two young grandchildren. We live in a rural area and for many years grew and/or raised most of our own food. Spent countless days in the spring and fall canning, freezing and pickling. Until recently boarded horses and gave beginner riding lessons both English and western. Have enjoyed doing volunteer work with troubled youth and at-risk families. Am a Christian, but not a regular church goer.

Love to fish, kayak and read. In my opinion the best time of day to enjoy a cup of coffee is early morning, on the front porch watching the sun rise...even better when the porch faces a beach. No coffee after 3pm, at that point I switch to wine. Enjoy poetry, photography and painting...and sometimes mixed media, ie painting pictures with words...such as...

Welcome to the coffee shop! :)

65782977-cup-of-coffee-and-paper-sheet-it-s-coffee-time-welcome.jpg

Hi!

Hello and welcome to USMB and the Coffee Shop Seagal! I love your life story. I love horses too though I haven't been able to be hands on much as an adult. Am something of an educator but only as an avocation and volunteer. Have never kayaked and always wanted to. I do write poetry though not as well as you. Don't do wine anymore but oh well. Anyhow love your life story. :)

Sherry and Welfare Queen who met here at USMB and recently married are your fellow Floridians--live north of Tampa Bay--and there are almost certainly others who have posted in the past.

First timers to the Coffee receive a complimentary beverage:

dsc_0629.jpg

And good morning everybody. Since I just got up--I didn't get to bed until after 1 am this morning--I am headed for the kitchen and my first cup of coffee of the day.

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,

Love the pic!!!!

Ha-ha, let's visit Red Square together! :) When I was living some months in Moscow, Red Square was in 10 min of walking from me, so I frequently used it to meet with friends (the same IT engineers as me) to drink beer at evening. There are a lots expensive clubs around Red Square, but people, who know Moscow, could find more accessible places... :)

It's another strange thing - all the world associated Russia with Moscow, but inside Russia the proverb "Moscow - is not Russia" is very popular :)

The photo though is St. Petersburg no? That's what I was shooting for anyway.

Forum List

Back