USMB Coffee Shop IV

And we miss you when you don't too. Good morning. :)

Thanks, and how are things going with you lately? Well I hope. :)

Can't complain. Well I can actually. Hombre and I used a generous gift certificate from our friend who was thanking us for boarding her beloved mini doxie for so long and we decided to use it to replace our two office chairs that are literally falling apart.

So we ordered the chairs--we read the reviews and they got 5 stars EXCEPT that everybody said how difficult they were to put together. But we blew that off--we had put a lot of stuff like that together and how hard could it be?

So now I have a partially assembled one-day-to-be-beautiful chair taking up a lot of our entryway--the other one is still in the box--and one extremely frustrated husband and they will stay that way until Thursday when our much younger neighbor across the street can get here with all his fancy metric tools and help finish the job.

But I guess if that is our worst problem right now, we're doing okay.

That is frustrating though. I hate putting things like that together. I'd rather buy it already assembled and have it delivered. It's worth the extra cost, if you ask me.
It is a challenge to read Chinese instructions, but not impossible..

Impossible for me. I get tickled sometimes when we get instructions with stuff that are written in English, French, Spanish, Chinese etc. Just goes to show how international the world has become.
Most of the stuff I have gotten is just a picture for directions with no words..But being the genius, I usually discard the idiot sheet and use my superior skills to get those extra parts I find myself with when done...

Does anyone know what 1% of 1.6 billion is?

It is NOT my bank balance.

$16 million I believe.

I'm keeping busy so that I don't dwell on what the Doc said about his heart may be to dammaged to do anything about it.

I thought you might be at that point, but it is not time to throw in the towel for sure. I would certainly get a second, third, fourth opinion before accepting a verdict like that. In my own situation, three doctors ducked my situation because of the inherent dangers in it. But I managed to get referred to my wonderful surgeon who laid it all out there--all the risks and his concerns but was willing to try. I still believe God delayed the process until I saw the best person to deal with it. And now I'm fine.

1403497370_27941ac585_b.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
And let's send up some special prayers and positive thoughts for Gracie & Mr. G who need a break big time right now.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Love the pic!!!!

Ha-ha, let's visit Red Square together! :) When I was living some months in Moscow, Red Square was in 10 min of walking from me, so I frequently used it to meet with friends (the same IT engineers as me) to drink beer at evening. There are a lots expensive clubs around Red Square, but people, who know Moscow, could find more accessible places... :)

It's another strange thing - all the world associated Russia with Moscow, but inside Russia the proverb "Moscow - is not Russia" is very popular :)

The photo though is St. Petersburg no? That's what I was shooting for anyway.

Photo, you've posted - a photo of Red Square. And at right side there is a Cremlin, where Putin sitting :) St. Petersburg - is a city on a water, here one of the photo:

sp.jpg

Very beautiful and cultural city, but wet and windy :) An avatar of Peter's Empire :)

Can't complain. Well I can actually. Hombre and I used a generous gift certificate from our friend who was thanking us for boarding her beloved mini doxie for so long and we decided to use it to replace our two office chairs that are literally falling apart.

So we ordered the chairs--we read the reviews and they got 5 stars EXCEPT that everybody said how difficult they were to put together. But we blew that off--we had put a lot of stuff like that together and how hard could it be?

So now I have a partially assembled one-day-to-be-beautiful chair taking up a lot of our entryway--the other one is still in the box--and one extremely frustrated husband and they will stay that way until Thursday when our much younger neighbor across the street can get here with all his fancy metric tools and help finish the job.

That is frustrating though. I hate putting things like that together. I'd rather buy it already assembled and have it delivered. It's worth the extra cost, if you ask me.

Impossible for me. I get tickled sometimes when we get instructions with stuff that are written in English, French, Spanish, Chinese etc. Just goes to show how international the world has become.
Most of the stuff I have gotten is just a picture for directions with no words..But being the genius, I usually discard the idiot sheet and use my superior skills to get those extra parts I find myself with when done...

However immodest, I believe you have the skills. :) Want to come put my chairs together?

I've used regular screws that I had lying around or whatever to put things MacGyver things together before. Not that it looked nice when I was done or anything.

Good morning! Haven't dropped by in a while. Hello! :)

51a3f2be819e0299a9879619aecf957d.jpg

You're the man! I cannot... I'd better learn an AK-74 :)

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
And let's send up some special prayers and positive thoughts for Gracie & Mr. G who need a break big time right now.

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Love the pic!!!!

Ha-ha, let's visit Red Square together! :) When I was living some months in Moscow, Red Square was in 10 min of walking from me, so I frequently used it to meet with friends (the same IT engineers as me) to drink beer at evening. There are a lots expensive clubs around Red Square, but people, who know Moscow, could find more accessible places... :)

It's another strange thing - all the world associated Russia with Moscow, but inside Russia the proverb "Moscow - is not Russia" is very popular :)

Photo, you've posted - a photo of Red Square. And at right side there is a Cremlin, where Putin sitting :) St. Petersburg - is a city on a water, here one of the photo:

sp.jpg

Very beautiful and cultural city, but wet and windy :) An avatar of Peter's Empire :)

Well I'll admit my knowledge of Russian landmarks is very limited, but that is a gorgeous photo. :)

However immodest, I believe you have the skills. :) Want to come put my chairs together?
Sure....However it will take a while to walk there........Maybe you can ask dear old Dad in Yuma....

What does the AK-47 teach?

I've already had a 3rd cup of coffee but thought I'd drop in and introduce myself.

Hi!

I'm a 4th generation Floridian, former Army brat who's lived in Michigan, Indiana, Colorado and the Carolinas in my youth. A retired educator, married 47 years to high school sweetheart who is retired USDA Forest Service. Our first home was a tent. Three grown children, two young grandchildren. We live in a rural area and for many years grew and/or raised most of our own food. Spent countless days in the spring and fall canning, freezing and pickling. Until recently boarded horses and gave beginner riding lessons both English and western. Have enjoyed doing volunteer work with troubled youth and at-risk families. Am a Christian, but not a regular church goer.

Love to fish, kayak and read. In my opinion the best time of day to enjoy a cup of coffee is early morning, on the front porch watching the sun rise...even better when the porch faces a beach. No coffee after 3pm, at that point I switch to wine. Enjoy poetry, photography and painting...and sometimes mixed media, ie painting pictures with words...such as...

On the Way to the Ramp (a word picture)

A sun struggling to break its chains...
the distant splash of feeding fish.
A ghostly cry from an unseen bird...
the soft caress of lingering mist.

Now you know my life story. TMI? :biggrin:
Hi SeaGal :bye1:

I've used regular screws that I had lying around or whatever to put things MacGyver things together before. Not that it looked nice when I was done or anything.
Tape is a valuable resource in a time of need, Gorilla glue also..Years ago it was bailing wire...

Sure....However it will take a while to walk there........Maybe you can ask dear old Dad in Yuma....

Naw, Yuma is a fer piece away from our place. Would take dear old Dad too long to walk from there too.

Tape is a valuable resource in a time of need, Gorilla glue also..Years ago it was bailing wire...

Actually the office chairs we are replacing are pretty much held together with duct tape. :)

Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,

Love the pic!!!!

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it could be Moscow. :)

It's an old Russian joke, that optimists learning English, pessimists learning Chinese and realists - an AK-74 :)

Actually the office chairs we are replacing are pretty much held together with duct tape. :)
That took engineering professionals 5 years to develop.. My office chair was already assembled when I bought it..Since I didn't go to engineering school...(I actually did, I just don't want to admit it)..

It's an old Russian joke, that optimists learning English, pessimists learning Chinese and realists - an AK-74 :)
I am more familiar with the SKS version..

I thought you might be at that point, but it is not time to throw in the towel for sure. I would certainly get a second, third, fourth opinion before accepting a verdict like that. In my own situation, three doctors ducked my situation because of the inherent dangers in it. But I managed to get referred to my wonderful surgeon who laid it all out there--all the risks and his concerns but was willing to try. I still believe God delayed the process until I saw the best person to deal with it. And now I'm fine.

You expect me to believe you are fine?

:disbelief:

:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back