USMB Coffee Shop IV

Most of the stuff I have gotten is just a picture for directions with no words..But being the genius, I usually discard the idiot sheet and use my superior skills to get those extra parts I find myself with when done...

However immodest, I believe you have the skills. :) Want to come put my chairs together?
Sure....However it will take a while to walk there........Maybe you can ask dear old Dad in Yuma....

Naw, Yuma is a fer piece away from our place. Would take dear old Dad too long to walk from there too.
Do you live in the mountains or down in the sand?

I'm on the high desert in Albuquerque nestled up against the Sandia Mountains.
That's a nice area...and you can go to Colorado for weed..

C2QJjHcUcAA010g.jpg

However immodest, I believe you have the skills. :) Want to come put my chairs together?
Sure....However it will take a while to walk there........Maybe you can ask dear old Dad in Yuma....

Naw, Yuma is a fer piece away from our place. Would take dear old Dad too long to walk from there too.
Do you live in the mountains or down in the sand?

I'm on the high desert in Albuquerque nestled up against the Sandia Mountains.
That's a nice area...and you can go to Colorado for weed..

The closest thing to weed in this house is flax seed. :)

Thanks, and how are things going with you lately? Well I hope. :)

Can't complain. Well I can actually. Hombre and I used a generous gift certificate from our friend who was thanking us for boarding her beloved mini doxie for so long and we decided to use it to replace our two office chairs that are literally falling apart.

So we ordered the chairs--we read the reviews and they got 5 stars EXCEPT that everybody said how difficult they were to put together. But we blew that off--we had put a lot of stuff like that together and how hard could it be?

So now I have a partially assembled one-day-to-be-beautiful chair taking up a lot of our entryway--the other one is still in the box--and one extremely frustrated husband and they will stay that way until Thursday when our much younger neighbor across the street can get here with all his fancy metric tools and help finish the job.

But I guess if that is our worst problem right now, we're doing okay.

That is frustrating though. I hate putting things like that together. I'd rather buy it already assembled and have it delivered. It's worth the extra cost, if you ask me.

Believe me, if we had had any idea, that is exactly what we would have done. But we have put together office chairs in the past with no problem, but this time, it was just too much.

I always seem to have problems with those kinds of things, whether it be something doesn't line up properly, maybe there is a part missing, or whatever. Seems those kinds of things never go very smoothly for me. :dunno:

Same with me.! :)

I have to assemble an over the toilet cabinet today so that hubby has easy access to things he needs.
Wish me luck :biggrin:
Like you Chris they never go right or parts are missing.

This assembly did not go very well at all.
I have managed to put two pieces together. What a joke.........I don't know what I'm doing and I have no one to help with it. So it's put the pieces away till another time.
It's suppose to be easy numbered pieces, but each one has 2 different numbers on each end no written instructions, just pictures.!!!!!!!
WHAT!! :biggrin:

Can't complain. Well I can actually. Hombre and I used a generous gift certificate from our friend who was thanking us for boarding her beloved mini doxie for so long and we decided to use it to replace our two office chairs that are literally falling apart.

So we ordered the chairs--we read the reviews and they got 5 stars EXCEPT that everybody said how difficult they were to put together. But we blew that off--we had put a lot of stuff like that together and how hard could it be?

So now I have a partially assembled one-day-to-be-beautiful chair taking up a lot of our entryway--the other one is still in the box--and one extremely frustrated husband and they will stay that way until Thursday when our much younger neighbor across the street can get here with all his fancy metric tools and help finish the job.

But I guess if that is our worst problem right now, we're doing okay.

That is frustrating though. I hate putting things like that together. I'd rather buy it already assembled and have it delivered. It's worth the extra cost, if you ask me.

Believe me, if we had had any idea, that is exactly what we would have done. But we have put together office chairs in the past with no problem, but this time, it was just too much.

I always seem to have problems with those kinds of things, whether it be something doesn't line up properly, maybe there is a part missing, or whatever. Seems those kinds of things never go very smoothly for me. :dunno:

Same with me.! :)

I have to assemble an over the toilet cabinet today so that hubby has easy access to things he needs.
Wish me luck :biggrin:
Like you Chris they never go right or parts are missing.

This assembly did not go very well at all.
I have managed to put two pieces together. What a joke.........I don't know what I'm doing and I have no one to help with it. So it's put the pieces away till another time.
It's suppose to be easy numbered pieces, but each one has 2 different numbers on each end no written instructions, just pictures.!!!!!!!
WHAT!! :biggrin:

Well join the club folks. We'll all get it done eventually. Meanwhile we get to practice our keeping our cool skills, managing our frustration levels, and practicing vocabulary we wouldn't want our parents to hear.

Just got back from Tucson not too long ago.
Hubbie and I had a wonderful day today for our anniversary, despite the setting. :)
33 years and we both agree we want more years, 33 isn't long enough.
We are true soul mates. :)

His heart is not strong enough to have the surgery, so they are sending him home in a couple of days.
He has to wear a vest in order to keep his heart beat regular.
They haven't told us yet if he needs to go to therapy yet.
He likes that he will be able to drive after he gets home though. :)

Sorry!
Correction needed here ,as I checked over what I wrote.
I was so tired that I used hubbies nickname ( vest )for the outside pacemaker that will be strapped on around his chest :)
No wonder at the confusion here. :)

Hubbie and I had a wonderful day today for our anniversary, despite the setting. :)

His heart is not strong enough to have the surgery, so they are sending him home in a couple of days.

Sorry!
I was so tired that I used hubbies nickname ( vest )for the outside pacemaker that will be strapped on around his chest :)

This morning he was told only 1/4 th of his heart is working right now.

Sorry!

Does that mean only 1 of the 4 valves is working? That seems like a very non-specific statement. :(

Is the outside pacemaker running 3/4 of his heart function? I don't know exactly how pacemakers work.

Sorry!

Does that mean only 1 of the 4 valves is working? That seems like a very non-specific statement. :(

Is the outside pacemaker running 3/4 of his heart function? I don't know exactly how pacemakers work.

I don't either.
I did not go up to vist today so this is what Mr. P said this morning when he called me.
I think it's 1/4 of his heart thats still alive and beating. Yesterday they said it was perhaps 1/5. After todays tests it shows only 1/4th.
They want to do a 5 valve bypass on him.
It's a matter of if he can get more than 1/4 of the dead area back.

Sorry people I'm not exactly making very good sence right now, I think I'm still a little in the shock stage.

I am getting me a new car, my 98 ford taurs is still going strong but it's too hard for Mr.P to get in and out of.
Plus his walker doesnt fit very well in the backseat or trunk.
I need a bigger midsize one with lots of leg room.
I love the Taurus in all the years I've had her only the gas fuel pump needed to be replaced, and that was a year or so ago in Nov. of 2015.
I bought her in 2002.

Last edited:

Sorry!

That's with the pacemaker?

Sorry!

Yes

Sorry!

Yes

I know that's tearing you apart Peach, but we are dealing still with our dear friend Dana here who is in even worse shape with an ailing heart and is hanging in there. There is every reason for optimism. And the prayers will continue.

Sorry!

Yes

I know that's tearing you apart Peach, but we are dealing still with our dear friend Dana here who is in even worse shape with an ailing heart and is hanging in there. There is every reason for optimism. And the prayers will continue.

Thank you.
Lets pray extra hard for them both. :)
It's just a waite and see time right now.
Very difficult.

I am getting me a new car, my 98 ford taurs is still going strong but it's too hard for Mr.P to get in and out of.
Plus his walker doesnt fit very well in the backseat or trunk.
I need a bigger midsize one with lots of leg room.
I love the Taurus in all the years I've had her only the gas fuel pump needed to be replaced, and that was a year or so ago in Nov. of 2015.
I bought her in 2002.

I would recommend something like a Subaru Forester. Not as comfortable as the Taurus for sure--I also loved our Taurus for that reason--but it is AWD for your bad roads and you can easily get a walker or wheelchair or whatever you need to transport in the back--usually without putting down the rear seat but there is that option. And they are not expensive cars but it is hard to find a good used one because most of us drive them forever when we get them.

Sorry you have a flu. I have a funny Russian tea story. One of my supervisors at one time was a Soviet ex-patriot, Stan. He drank his tea from a nice glass, unlike Americans, who use cups. One day, the women who worked for Stan took a feminine hygiene product, applied a liberal amount of strawberry preserves to it and replaced Stan's teabag with it. When Stan found this in his tea, he took it out and tossed it out the office window. His comment was something about "G-damned vimminn!"
The post script to this story was: the next morning the Marine personnel were responsible for picking up trash around the buildings. When one of them picked up the offending object, he screamed like a little girl and threw it away like it was a poisonous snake. The women working in the office laughed their butts off! Evil wenches...

Such an evil history! :) Did he use his glass free as in Soviet cafe, or with coaster, like it used till current time in trains? :)

View attachment 107061
Free, no coaster. He was actually Russian ethnic, left Poland to join relatives in Chicago...an entirely amusing story. He joined the US Army and was very helpful as a translator. He was a big, burly, blond fellow who entirely embodied the American stereotype of a Soviet officer.

Like "Ivan Drago"? :)

Glass, like at photo, was very popular in USSR. It used in Soviet dining halls (for tea and coffee), in lemonade automats, for juicies in cafe... and for the drinking vodka. It's volume exact 200 gramm, a doze for the "real man". And in soviet life were a custom to buy one bottle of vodka for three man, because it cost usually multiple for 3. So, in this glass there are a invisible line of 166.6 gramms, every experienced alcoholic knows :)

But for me all this things - a tradition of ansectors. During student times I preferred a beer or wine :))
In my student times, I preferred Scotch. Now, I prefer beer, but wine will do. When I last lived in Europe, I had a well stocked wine cellar. Now, I make my own mead.

Oh! mead is great! Apple or cherry mead - mmmm %))) Scotch is good and strong similar, to vodka, but it drinks by small potions... Instead of vodka, which you must drink in one action. As for beer - I prefer it till now, because in Russia there are many small local breweries, making good fresh beer...
I have always enjoyed good, single-malt Scotch. And you're correct, it's a sipping drink. I use vodka to prepare herbal tinctures for medicinal purposes. I make a variety of mead, one of the most popular is Triple Berry, flavored with blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries. People like the strawberry-flavored mead, too. I prefer ginger-flavored mead and just plain sack mead (basically honey and water).
I also agree about local micro-breweries. Unfortunately, the local beers are pretty expensive.

Forum List

Back