USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just got a call from Mr.P, he says the tests show only 15% of his heart is working.
They are putting a life vest on him that will monitor him and shock his heart if it stops.
They will hook him up sometime tomorrow and release him maybe tomorrow or for sure Thursday.
He will be doing home therapy rehab.
The Doc says about 50% of his heart is still asleep and needs time to heal and recover from the 2 extreme hard heart attacks that he had that Sunday.
That is how good the paramedic team of four was. They performed a miracle in keeping him alive. A less experienced team , the Doc at TMC said ,probably would not have been able to do what they did. His blood pressure was at 58.
If they can't do a bypass they said there are other options that can be done.
Gosh, Peach, I'm not sure to celebrate your news or wonder how things will turn out. Maybe both? At any rate, I'll keep sending my most heartfelt and fervent good thoughts your (and MrP's) way. Best to both of you.

Thank you, I appreciate it very much.

I am getting me a new car, my 98 ford taurs is still going strong but it's too hard for Mr.P to get in and out of.
Plus his walker doesnt fit very well in the backseat or trunk.
I need a bigger midsize one with lots of leg room.
I love the Taurus in all the years I've had her only the gas fuel pump needed to be replaced, and that was a year or so ago in Nov. of 2015.
I bought her in 2002.

I would recommend something like a Subaru Forester. Not as comfortable as the Taurus for sure--I also loved our Taurus for that reason--but it is AWD for your bad roads and you can easily get a walker or wheelchair or whatever you need to transport in the back--usually without putting down the rear seat but there is that option. And they are not expensive cars but it is hard to find a good used one because most of us drive them forever when we get them.

I'm thinking of a Kia Soul or Fiesta or Fusion 2017 new not used.
Too bad they don't make these anymore.

1958_BMW_600.jpg

1958_BMW_600_30806.jpg

1958 BMW 600.

I remember seeing one of those, probably through a store window, and wondering if it was real. :p
There's a smaller 3 wheeled version which I took a ride in when I was a kid, one of our neighbors owned it.

bmw-600-1958-11.jpg

I thought you might be at that point, but it is not time to throw in the towel for sure. I would certainly get a second, third, fourth opinion before accepting a verdict like that. In my own situation, three doctors ducked my situation because of the inherent dangers in it. But I managed to get referred to my wonderful surgeon who laid it all out there--all the risks and his concerns but was willing to try. I still believe God delayed the process until I saw the best person to deal with it. And now I'm fine.

You expect me to believe you are fine?

:disbelief:

:eusa_angel:

Yes. I am fine, okay, well, intact, well, mostly. :)
A truthful answer for those our age, Foxy.

Yes, at my age you will deal with stuff, but I think I'm in pretty good shape for an almost old lady.

But hey Ernie, I just found some nifty new bar stools for Doc's:

15977384_1509449575739598_3557934163531202589_n.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
Gracie & Mr. G who need a break big time right now.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Florida sunset:
lady-with-a-brush-393361-albums-sunsets-pic7896-terrasunset-5206-web.jpg

Just got a call from Mr.P, he says the tests show only 15% of his heart is working.
They are putting a life vest on him that will monitor him and shock his heart if it stops.
They will hook him up sometime tomorrow and release him maybe tomorrow or for sure Thursday.
The Doc says about 50% of his heart is still asleep and needs time to heal and recover from the 2 extreme hard heart attacks that he had that Sunday.
That is how good the paramedic team of four was. They performed a miracle in keeping him alive. A less experienced team , the Doc at TMC said ,probably would not have been able to do what they did. His blood pressure was at 58.

Options!!! :woohoo:

The Franklin mountains were completely obscured by fog this morning from the sun burning off the frost. I can just now see the highest peak.

My prayers continue, Angel.

Sounds like a good plan,lol. But I loathe this teeny tiny qwerty and the one finger tap tap.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Yes. I agree. I'm really fast on a typewriter--when we still had those--and now on a keyboard, but trying to text on my phone is like wading through molasses. Even the much larger qwerty face on my Kindle Fire is painfully slow to me.

Meanwhile, mrg and I just finished sawing those huge branches into firewood that fell during that last storm. Now I am all sappy and itchy, but they have firewood to keep themselves warm while we freeze out here in the RV. At least they are allowing us to use it until we head up north...So that's a plus. I guess. My sappy hands hurt and mrgs knees are throbbing, but between the two of us, we got er Dunn.

Our new housemate called us last night for advice on how to tarp his roof since a new storm is heading his way...And we told him what to do until we can get there to help. No rest for the weary, but soon we will be in a real house in our own room...Bar nothing bad happens between now and then.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Dyna Glo 9,000 - 15,000-BTU Liquid Propane Heater Single Tank Top Match Light, TT15CDGP - Walmart.com

839541a7-ad48-4957-89d0-ff3d5cba49f2_1.2f85dd0607b4d7e17e5ad6c53d6c5729.jpeg

Dyna-Glo 40K Liquid Propane 360-Degree Tank Top Heater - Walmart.com

d9a3fcf3-a168-4158-93ac-eac0e813e139_1.ffef5c4f5e70c12f94c8b9511bf76455.jpeg

You should look at these. Don't know what you can afford. There are smaller ones that use the little propane bottles.
I just read through some literature on these, these models are outdoor use only!!!
The indoor ones typically run from around $90 to $160.

This one is safe for indoors and will heat 200 sq ft.

Mr. Heater Portable Buddy Heater - Walmart.com

35d92ab7-eabf-4b18-8a88-ded78a47d8bf_1.5b2a0c55ff8b56e08ccb39d3942f6acc.jpeg

I have one of these sitting on my desk:
upload_2017-1-18_11-39-14.jpeg

Lesko My Heat - 200 watts so doesn't use a lot of electricity but heats the area around my desk and heats our not that large bathroom pretty well. $20 at Amazon or Office Dept. Because my desk is flanked by too non-thermal windows, it is chilly in my corner so I use it a lot so that we don't have to turn up the thermostat in the whole house and it has proved to be very durable.

I would imagine one or two of these would knock the chill in a small RV or certainly in the area where you are.

Forum List

Back