USMB Coffee Shop IV

Almost forgot to tell you a funny story! My neighbor loves his SUV. He is out there all the time washing it, rubbing it, whatever. Lol. He's kind of a cranky old man too (not to us, but to other people). Anyhow, he had been outside washing and tending to his vehicle and then went inside. All of the sudden, a huge gaggle of geese flew over, all squawking and obnoxious. Then a few of them pooped, and disgusting goose poop got all over the parking and all over his SUV.

Lol! I didn't get to see his reaction unfortunately, but I imagine it wasn't pretty. I can just picture him standing out there making fists at the air and cussing out the geese! :lol: I wish I could have stuck around to see his reaction.

Good morning all. Mixed clouds and sun here making for a pretty sky - above freezing just a bit though. Possible snow tonight but only 32 f for a low so won't amount to much.

Watching the big deal in Washington this morning so had a piece of pound cake for breakfast instead of cooking. Hope everyone is having a great weekend, especially Sherry, our birthday girl.

I just took a shot in the dark and purchased a cd by Adele simply entitled '25'. I am listening to it on my computer while typing. So far I am impressed with her voice. I have never actually heard a record by her before but there was a snippet of her on TV and I liked her voice. So I gambled that I would like her record, and I do.

Almost forgot to tell you a funny story! My neighbor loves his SUV. He is out there all the time washing it, rubbing it, whatever. Lol. He's kind of a cranky old man too (not to us, but to other people). Anyhow, he had been outside washing and tending to his vehicle and then went inside. All of the sudden, a huge gaggle of geese flew over, all squawking and obnoxious. Then a few of them pooped, and disgusting goose poop got all over the parking and all over his SUV.

Lol! I didn't get to see his reaction unfortunately, but I imagine it wasn't pretty. I can just picture him standing out there making fists at the air and cussing out the geese! :lol: I wish I could have stuck around to see his reaction.

It's an old joke against auto-owners, who let to signalling of their cars playing at nights wihout end... to drop a handful of corns on their car in sight of gaggle of doves :) Especially, when the temperature is below zero...

Or you could use a dust of valeriana else :)

It's an old joke against auto-owners, who let to signalling of their cars playing at nights wihout end... to drop a handful of corns on their car in sight of gaggle of doves :) Especially, when the temperature is below zero...

So you Russians play practical jokes too. We do share a lot of common traits don't we. :) I am also impressed that you are yet another cat person. We seem to have a lot of cat and dog people in the Coffee Shop. (Plus bird, bunny, horse, and goat people and I think there is a turtle in there somewhere.)

I just took a shot in the dark and purchased a cd by Adele simply entitled '25'. I am listening to it on my computer while typing. So far I am impressed with her voice. I have never actually heard a record by her before but there was a snippet of her on TV and I liked her voice. So I gambled that I would like her record, and I do.

I'm hunting for new music, which helps me to work. Your idea is perfect for this day, let's enjoy Adele together! It's not a rock, I love, but seems pretty...
Do you love Oasis? :)

I'm hunting for new music, which helps me to work. Your idea is perfect for this day, let's enjoy Adele together! It's not a rock, I love, but seems pretty...

I have not listened to Oasis, I am well behind the times with my music. I mostly have records from my youth, like Pink Floyd. But I like Cold Play and have a couple of their CD's.

So you Russians play practical jokes too. We do share a lot of common traits don't we. :) I am also impressed that you are yet another cat person. We seem to have a lot of cat and dog people in the Coffee Shop. (Plus bird, bunny, horse, and goat people and I think there is a turtle in there somewhere.)

Similar territories, life goals, environment and genesis... Russia is just elder for 4 centuries :)))

I have not listened to Oasis, I am well behind the times with my music. I mostly have records from my youth, like Pink Floyd. But I like Cold Play and have a couple of their CD's.

Oh, a taste of youth... PF is good for the beer party with long talks about life... Damn, today is Friday, suitable day for it! But my sins don't let me to start a rest right now :)))

Thank you for mentioning my turtle Michelangelo. :biggrin:

I love Adele's singing. I love her music. :beer:

I like this song by them.

Oh, a taste of youth... PF is good for the beer party with long talks about life... Damn, today is Friday, suitable day for it! But my sins don't let me to start a rest right now :)))

I do like classical music too. My favorite symphony is Mahler's second symphony.

sherrys_birthday_cake_printed_napkins-r9a6b001b1bf34d95a65be42f30defb5b_2cfjc_8byvr_512.jpg

Thank you for mentioning my turtle Michelangelo. :biggrin:

I don't have any turtles at home, butI have three snails instead. Two snails live with my fishes, cleaning an aquarium, and one live in glass can, eating cabbage leafs and growing... :)

I do like classical music too. My favorite symphony is Mahler's second symphony.

Oh, classic music remembers me about elementary music school, which I've finished. I love it too, but prefer baroque style - Bach, Gendel, Vivaldi and so on... Listening them and reading "The Island of the Day Before" of Umberto Eco - what could be more athmospheric?

Ha-ha, have you heared THIS version:

Ha-ha, have you heared THIS version:

Cool! I like Walk Alone too. :)

Oh, classic music remembers me about elementary music school, which I've finished. I love it too, but prefer baroque style - Bach, Gendel, Vivaldi and so on... Listening them and reading "The Island of the Day Before" of Umberto Eco - what could be more athmospheric?

And I love the music of Sergei Rachmaninoff and Russian music in general. Go figure. :)

Forum List

Back