USMB Coffee Shop IV

Bonsoir, still very cold in France my cat pomponette Still if She as a lot of fur is not going outside now to cold.

100_0463-jpg.92129

A nitnoid factoid about cat fur colors: Pomenette is a female. How do I know that? The gene that expresses coat color is carried on the X-gene. Since females have XX genes, their color can express both black and red colors. Males, having an XY-gene, will express only the X-gene color, therefore, males are either black or red, but rarely both. If a male cat has both red and black colors, he most likely has an XXY genetic abnormality, and is also sterile.

Pomponnette was operated at 6 months for which can not have kittens

t's a strange... My cat is dreaming to walk, sitting at window, when I open it to air a room - when it's about -5--7C outside... One day he will decide to jump
Bonsoir, still very cold in France my cat pomponette Still if She as a lot of fur is not going outside now to cold.

100_0463-jpg.92129

It's a strange... My cat is dreaming to walk, sitting at window, when I open it to air a room - when it's about -5--7C outside... One day he will decide to jump to compel me to seek him at park and return :)

Cats are sometimes strange my pomponette does not like when the doors are closed.:badgrin:
And she always eats the same sort of cat paté and for her water she always drinks in the same bowl I wanted to change her bowl she did not want to drink in it.:badgrin:
I bought the same bowl of the same color but new she took time and she Ultimately drink in the new bowl :)

Well, we are back in the RV, and came "home" to it to find yet another huge branch that fell and barely missed the RV itself. Circumference of the limb is the size of my thigh. The rest of the tree will come down probably this weekend due to high wind adviseries...40 to 60 miles per hour. Needless to say, our vans are parked across the street in a bare field..And when this thing starts rocking...I am heading to my van. Mrg is more brave so I doubt if he goes to his.

Thumb is twice its size and hurts like crazy. Major flare-up going on in that hand. Just took a Tylenol to see if it helps since I don't get norcos until the 25th, so I have to suffer this the best I can.

The heathens at the motel were noisy over our heads with stomping but other than that, it could have been worse I guess.

That's it for today's report so far.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

We are home, got everything done, now we can relax and take it easy over the weekend.

I'm laying on the couch on my heat & massage mat.
Sore muscles and lower back. Mr.P's walker is heavy. :) oooooooo........it feels so good!!!!
Hubbie is taking nap in his recliner.
He gets so tired, but he is doing well under the circumstances.

Meanwhile, wind is kicking up slightly now. No rocking...Yet. but when it does, I have my hoopla library movie on standby on the cell phone.

I tried to charge my phone with it on....Nothing happened. Is there a setting for that? I have to turn it completely off before it charges. *Head scratch*

Hubbie says to thank you all for everyting, including your continued prayers.
He says thank you all ,for you helping and supporting me.
This little coffee shop with your help and support has so far kept me sane as much as possible.
Considering I'm crazy most of the time anywho!
Most thought I was crazy to have married him with health problems to begin with. :)
We have had an incredible life together and we both feel like it's not over yet. :biggrin:
The coffee shop has always supported its friends. You have been there for many of us as we dragged ourselves through life's tribulations. Speaking for myself, my continued prayers for your husband's recovery feel wholly inadequate compared to what you've done for me.

Well Ernie, I would never just walk by like the rest of the many people there and just let you drown.
Your second nostrial wasn't far away from gurgling too. :)
It was more shocking to me as a naive 16 year old kid ,people could be so uncaring about life.
I remain eternally grateful for your actions that day and for the Coffee Shop where I was finally able to connect with the angel that more than likely saved my life way back in August of1969.
For so many years, I was resigned to the fact that the anonymous girl who pulled me out of the mud would likely never be acknowledged.

It has been so long and we have so many new family in the Coffee Shop now, you ought to tell the story again Ernie.
I suppose I should. Hopefully, my angel will jump in and fill in the blanks in my memory.
Let's go way back to August of 1969. I had just turned 20 years old. I was living in Western Connecticut and as many of my generation had a love of contemporary music and truth be told, one hell of a crush on Janis Joplin.
I came by tickets to Woodstock that July and unfortunately, my future in-laws wouldn't allow my girlfriend to accompany me. In her place, I took a friend.
If you're a Woodstock fan, you've heard stories about traffic jams and rain. The stories are grossly exaggerated; it was much worse than you can imagine.
I could tell a cool story of how I made Yagsur's farm hours ahead of people I passed along the way, but I came to talk about an angel
Friday night it RAINED. Torrential rains left water flowing down from the ridge towards the stage. At times the water running down the hillside was several inches deep and flowing pretty quickly.
As you've likely heard, there would be around a half million people on that hillside. As they walked through the rain water, of course they created mud. LOTS AND LOTS of mud.
I remember listening to The Grateful Dead while partaking of a couple different less than legal substances. When the music ended I moved from very close to the stage to about half way up the hill to try to catch some sleep,
A person not stoned on opium would likely have noticed that although the water was no longer flowing down the hill at 25 MPH, a lava-like flow of mud 6. 8 or in places 12 inches deep was slowly flowing towards the stage.
At some point the next morning, (best guess 10 AM?) I was awakened by a small girl with dirty blond hair who had pulled me by the shirt out of the mud that had covered all but one nostril, half my mouth and my eyes.
I really don't remember what was said and have but a fleeting memory of the face, but for 45 years, whenever I talked about Woodstock, I talked about the little blond who more than likely saved my life that day. Since I had no name, she was always "my angel".
Fast forward 45 years. I related the story here in the Coffee Shop and I soon got a private message from another member who requested a photo. She told me she remembered my eyes and build and that it was, in fact, she who had pulled me out of the mud at Woodstock.
For a couple months, she asked that I didn't acknowledge her publicly. I was disappointed, but I honored her request until she was comfortable.
Thanks to the Coffee Shop I now know that Peach174 is my angel. My gratitude to her for her selfless deed and to the Coffee Shop for allowing me to find her knows no bounds.
Thanks for listening.

You told it beautifully Ernie, but it was your eyes and nose that I recognized.
Later on Ernie had found a picture of him there at Woodstock and posted it here.
I had looked for all these years, never found one and finally found one of me also, and I posted mine up here
Ernie ,when I posted my pic. said "Yes I was the image he had in his memory of who pulled him up. :)
Voila`

And now you know the rest of the story ! :lol:

Last edited:
Hubbie says to thank you all for everyting, including your continued prayers.
He says thank you all ,for you helping and supporting me.
This little coffee shop with your help and support has so far kept me sane as much as possible.
Considering I'm crazy most of the time anywho!
Most thought I was crazy to have married him with health problems to begin with. :)
We have had an incredible life together and we both feel like it's not over yet. :biggrin:
The coffee shop has always supported its friends. You have been there for many of us as we dragged ourselves through life's tribulations. Speaking for myself, my continued prayers for your husband's recovery feel wholly inadequate compared to what you've done for me.

Well Ernie, I would never just walk by like the rest of the many people there and just let you drown.
It was more shocking to me as a naive 16 year old kid ,people could be so uncaring about life.
I remain eternally grateful for your actions that day and for the Coffee Shop where I was finally able to connect with the angel that more than likely saved my life way back in August of1969.
For so many years, I was resigned to the fact that the anonymous girl who pulled me out of the mud would likely never be acknowledged.

It has been so long and we have so many new family in the Coffee Shop now, you ought to tell the story again Ernie.
I suppose I should. Hopefully, my angel will jump in and fill in the blanks in my memory.
Let's go way back to August of 1969. I had just turned 20 years old. I was living in Western Connecticut and as many of my generation had a love of contemporary music and truth be told, one hell of a crush on Janis Joplin.
I came by tickets to Woodstock that July and unfortunately, my future in-laws wouldn't allow my girlfriend to accompany me. In her place, I took a friend.
If you're a Woodstock fan, you've heard stories about traffic jams and rain. The stories are grossly exaggerated; it was much worse than you can imagine.
I could tell a cool story of how I made Yagsur's farm hours ahead of people I passed along the way, but I came to talk about an angel
Friday night it RAINED. Torrential rains left water flowing down from the ridge towards the stage. At times the water running down the hillside was several inches deep and flowing pretty quickly.
As you've likely heard, there would be around a half million people on that hillside. As they walked through the rain water, of course they created mud. LOTS AND LOTS of mud.
I remember listening to The Grateful Dead while partaking of a couple different less than legal substances. When the music ended I moved from very close to the stage to about half way up the hill to try to catch some sleep,
A person not stoned on opium would likely have noticed that although the water was no longer flowing down the hill at 25 MPH, a lava-like flow of mud 6. 8 or in places 12 inches deep was slowly flowing towards the stage.
At some point the next morning, (best guess 10 AM?) I was awakened by a small girl with dirty blond hair who had pulled me by the shirt out of the mud that had covered all but one nostril, half my mouth and my eyes.
I really don't remember what was said and have but a fleeting memory of the face, but for 45 years, whenever I talked about Woodstock, I talked about the little blond who more than likely saved my life that day. Since I had no name, she was always "my angel".
Fast forward 45 years. I related the story here in the Coffee Shop and I soon got a private message from another member who requested a photo. She told me she remembered my eyes and build and that it was, in fact, she who had pulled me out of the mud at Woodstock.
For a couple months, she asked that I didn't acknowledge her publicly. I was disappointed, but I honored her request until she was comfortable.
Thanks to the Coffee Shop I now know that Peach174 is my angel. My gratitude to her for her selfless deed and to the Coffee Shop for allowing me to find her knows no bounds.
Thanks for listening.

That is a strange coincidence indeed.

Thanks for listening.

That is a strange coincidence indeed.

And just goes to show how small a world it is.

Have a winter storm moving in tonight, obviously it'll be rain but we're supposed to have up to 60 mph winds tomorrow.
About three months ago the wife did a phone interview for a job in Phoenix (she didn't get the job), this morning she received a call from them about another position, we'll see what happens.

Well, it's official...current temps are in the "witch's tit in a brass bra cup" cold. Nothing all day and last night that didn't feature a minus sign in front of the number. Expected to go down to as low as -20 here tonight. I wish I didn't have to go to work and I hope no airplanes require oil service or maintenance. It's so cold, the tears freeze before they roll down your cheeks, and your eyes will tear because the cold just rips them from you. Your nose hairs freeze when you inhale and if you try to breath through you mouth, your teeth hurt! At least it won't snow, and with some luck, airborne moisture will remain low and we won't get ice fog.
Maybe you should move in with me and mrg, GW! You, partner, goats and all! If I ever get my own place...Y'all would be very welcome. At least you would be warmer. Alaska is beautiful, but the cold? Shudder.[emoji33]

The little dog and the cats, I'm sure you'd be fine with. But goats aren't housebroken and unless you'd sacrifice a little warmth for a compost heap...think twice about the goats. I do feel mondo sorry for them right now though. We have four hot-boxes and heated water buckets, but it's still brutally cold. I assure you, inside the cabin it stays between 65 and 70 degrees warm. Sometimes, it gets warmer, but that's too much for me so I regulate the heaters pretty closely. Nothing more cozy than looking out the window and knowing that it's killer cold in the heartbreakingly beautiful landscape.

You're right! I've learned it in Siberia - the main thing is to keep warm inside houses, and any temperature outside would be non-significant addition to nice view.
Otherwise, in 90x, when the crazy Greens, using hystery after Chernobyl, cancelled a building of nuclear heating station, about decade or more in all our town the temperature inside houses was very low, at "european style" - and the temperature about -10--15C seemed really catastrophic...
There's always some question about what "greens" really want. No nuclear power, no drilling for oil or natural gas, and right now we're having our annual battle about pollution caused by burning wood for warmth. Solar power is extremely limited in extremely high, and low, latitudes. Wind power is also pretty intermittent. Both solar and wind power are limited and not suited to power for larger, urban areas. I suspect supporters of non-petroleum-based power prefer fewer people but most decline my invitation that they lead the way.
I am currently researching using composting to heat water and possibly a year-round greenhouse.

Have a winter storm moving in tonight, obviously it'll be rain but we're supposed to have up to 60 mph winds tomorrow.
About three months ago the wife did a phone interview for a job in Phoenix (she didn't get the job), this morning she received a call from them about another position, we'll see what happens.

Yes, we're getting it here too.

I just took a shot in the dark and purchased a cd by Adele simply entitled '25'. I am listening to it on my computer while typing. So far I am impressed with her voice. I have never actually heard a record by her before but there was a snippet of her on TV and I liked her voice. So I gambled that I would like her record, and I do.
I like Adele's stuff. The lyrics actually convey some meaning, pleasantly.

Forum List

Back