USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sherry and me have both taken the day off on Friday to watch the inaugural. Whatever your political affiliation, watching the peaceful transfer of power in our democracy is an amazing thing.

I wished Obama well in 2008 and I wish Trump well now. I hope everyone realizes how fortunate we all are to be American citizens. :thup:

It's going to be a GREAT day...I always take the day off on my birthday!!:banana: My son is a senior with early release and getting straight A's, so I told him that he could also take the day off to watch history...as a future HS history teacher, he took me up on the offer.:thup: We'll be meeting up with family for dinner at a nice seafood place on the Gulf, and hopefully catch a beautiful sunset. Then everyone is invited to join us afterwards when we head to the movies...I want to see Split; it looks like a good and creepy psychological thriller.:shock:

Happy Birthday Sherry !!
May you have many,many,more. :biggrin:

Sorry, I would put up a cake image but I'm still stuck with just my Kimbel.

Fed Mr. P chicken salad with olive oil & Vinaigrette for dinner tonight.
He had such a boyish grin on his face.
He did not like much of his hospital food. Who does?
If he's this happy over a salad , whats he going to do when he gets Alaskan Wild Salmon for tomorrow night. :lmao:

Good morning everyone! I made my last payment on my car yesterday (I could have made two more payments, but I just decided it would be better to pay it off)!!! :party:

:) Is it time to sell your current car and buy more expensive? :)

No way. I'm taking a break from car payments. I'm just hoping the car will last a while. :)

Pay yourself the car payment and you can save it as down payment on the next vehicle.

Sherry and me have both taken the day off on Friday to watch the inaugural. Whatever your political affiliation, watching the peaceful transfer of power in our democracy is an amazing thing.

I wished Obama well in 2008 and I wish Trump well now. I hope everyone realizes how fortunate we all are to be American citizens. :thup:

It's going to be a GREAT day...I always take the day off on my birthday!!:banana: My son is a senior with early release and getting straight A's, so I told him that he could also take the day off to watch history...as a future HS history teacher, he took me up on the offer.:thup: We'll be meeting up with family for dinner at a nice seafood place on the Gulf, and hopefully catch a beautiful sunset. Then everyone is invited to join us afterwards when we head to the movies...I want to see Split; it looks like a good and creepy psychological thriller.:shock:

Scary movie huh? Great that gives me time to hide...

Hubbie says to thank you all for everyting, including your continued prayers.
He says thank you all ,for you helping and supporting me.
This little coffee shop with your help and support has so far kept me sane as much as possible.
Considering I'm crazy most of the time anywho!
Most thought I was crazy to have married him with health problems to begin with. :)
We have had an incredible life together and we both feel like it's not over yet. :biggrin:
The coffee shop has always supported its friends. You have been there for many of us as we dragged ourselves through life's tribulations. Speaking for myself, my continued prayers for your husband's recovery feel wholly inadequate compared to what you've done for me.

Well Ernie, I would never just walk by like the rest of the many people there and just let you drown.
Your second nostrial wasn't far away from gurgling too. :)
It was more shocking to me as a naive 16 year old kid ,people could be so uncaring about life.
I remain eternally grateful for your actions that day and for the Coffee Shop where I was finally able to connect with the angel that more than likely saved my life way back in August of1969.
For so many years, I was resigned to the fact that the anonymous girl who pulled me out of the mud would likely never be acknowledged.

This little coffee shop with your help and support has so far kept me sane as much as possible.
Most thought I was crazy to have married him with health problems to begin with. :)
We have had an incredible life together and we both feel like it's not over yet. :biggrin:
The coffee shop has always supported its friends. You have been there for many of us as we dragged ourselves through life's tribulations. Speaking for myself, my continued prayers for your husband's recovery feel wholly inadequate compared to what you've done for me.

Well Ernie, I would never just walk by like the rest of the many people there and just let you drown.
It was more shocking to me as a naive 16 year old kid ,people could be so uncaring about life.
I remain eternally grateful for your actions that day and for the Coffee Shop where I was finally able to connect with the angel that more than likely saved my life way back in August of1969.
For so many years, I was resigned to the fact that the anonymous girl who pulled me out of the mud would likely never be acknowledged.

Ah, Ernie
Your making me blush. :)

Ah, Ernie
Your making me blush. :)
I'm sorry about that but you are my heroine.

It has been so long and we have so many new family in the Coffee Shop now, you ought to tell the story again Ernie.

You know, there is always an ebb and flow to the Coffee Shop. Sometimes it gets fairly slow in here with only a few folks popping in for a minute. Sometimes I skip a night posting the Vigil List because it would go on the same page as the night before.

Here lately that has NOT been a problem. I have to go back several pages to find the previous vigil list to copy and paste.

That's a very good thing I think. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki and Becki’s hubby,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's mom and her sister,
Saveliberty for wellness,
Ringel's Gizmo and Boo and wellness for Ringel,
Ernie for wellness,
Sbiker for wellness,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days.
Grace for wellness and Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition who need a break big time right now.

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all others who need to find their way back.

Sunset over Nantasket Beach Hull, MA
nantasket-beach.jpg

Bonsoir, still very cold in France my cat pomponette Still if She as a lot of fur is not going outside now to cold.

100_0463-jpg.92129

It's a strange... My cat is dreaming to walk, sitting at window, when I open it to air a room - when it's about -5--7C outside... One day he will decide to jump to compel me to seek him at park and return :)

Good morning everyone! I made my last payment on my car yesterday (I could have made two more payments, but I just decided it would be better to pay it off)!!! :party:

No way. I'm taking a break from car payments. I'm just hoping the car will last a while. :)

Every car could be useable, while its body doesn't start to rust... Just use it gentle... :))))

Well, it's official...current temps are in the "witch's tit in a brass bra cup" cold. Nothing all day and last night that didn't feature a minus sign in front of the number. Expected to go down to as low as -20 here tonight. I wish I didn't have to go to work and I hope no airplanes require oil service or maintenance. It's so cold, the tears freeze before they roll down your cheeks, and your eyes will tear because the cold just rips them from you. Your nose hairs freeze when you inhale and if you try to breath through you mouth, your teeth hurt! At least it won't snow, and with some luck, airborne moisture will remain low and we won't get ice fog.
Maybe you should move in with me and mrg, GW! You, partner, goats and all! If I ever get my own place...Y'all would be very welcome. At least you would be warmer. Alaska is beautiful, but the cold? Shudder.[emoji33]

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
The little dog and the cats, I'm sure you'd be fine with. But goats aren't housebroken and unless you'd sacrifice a little warmth for a compost heap...think twice about the goats. I do feel mondo sorry for them right now though. We have four hot-boxes and heated water buckets, but it's still brutally cold. I assure you, inside the cabin it stays between 65 and 70 degrees warm. Sometimes, it gets warmer, but that's too much for me so I regulate the heaters pretty closely. Nothing more cozy than looking out the window and knowing that it's killer cold in the heartbreakingly beautiful landscape.

You're right! I've learned it in Siberia - the main thing is to keep warm inside houses, and any temperature outside would be non-significant addition to nice view.
Otherwise, in 90x, when the crazy Greens, using hystery after Chernobyl, cancelled a building of nuclear heating station, about decade or more in all our town the temperature inside houses was very low, at "european style" - and the temperature about -10--15C seemed really catastrophic...

Well, it's official...current temps are in the "witch's tit in a brass bra cup" cold. Nothing all day and last night that didn't feature a minus sign in front of the number. Expected to go down to as low as -20 here tonight. I wish I didn't have to go to work and I hope no airplanes require oil service or maintenance. It's so cold, the tears freeze before they roll down your cheeks, and your eyes will tear because the cold just rips them from you. Your nose hairs freeze when you inhale and if you try to breath through you mouth, your teeth hurt! At least it won't snow, and with some luck, airborne moisture will remain low and we won't get ice fog.

Working in -30C at air - very hard. If you're doing something near your home - it's not a problem, but making something on landing pad, with no place to hide for some minutes... You need triple salary, at least! ;)
Out in about -28C most of last night. Fortunately, there was no wind, but the ice fog was brutal. I just try to make it one day at a time. Living in Alaska is a choice many people would hesitate to make, or choose not to live here at all.

Oh, I understand! You have problem the same as in Vladivostok. Inside a continent -28C is not a temperature for an ice fog, it usually comes at lower temperatures. And wind is a problem with all frost temperatures

Every car could be useable, while its body doesn't start to rust... Just use it gentle... :))))

Thanks. Well, it's only 6 years old. No rust yet. :)

Forum List

Back