USMB Coffee Shop IV

Oh lucky us! At the motel now, sick. Feel awful. Tonight is going to be interesting though. Across the street is the high school. Motel is booked but they held on to a room for us with the warning that it's going to be extremely raucous tonight throughout the whole motel because there is a wrestling tournament tonight and the motel is going to be full of wild teen boys participating in the event. Which means beside us, behind us, on top of us....Nothing but pumped up teen boys...At the beach. Old people be damned, lol.

So we will try to make it thru the night but if it gets too bad... I'm leaving after my shower and Hell's kitchen show....78 bucks down the drain be damned too, says I.

Too sick to deal with teenagers.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Sherry and me have both taken the day off on Friday to watch the inaugural. Whatever your political affiliation, watching the peaceful transfer of power in our democracy is an amazing thing.

I wished Obama well in 2008 and I wish Trump well now. I hope everyone realizes how fortunate we all are to be American citizens. :thup:
Given current information, I hope you are both WWF fans, too!

Just checking in. Went to costco today and bought a pressure cooker than also works as a slow cooker, a rice cooker, etc. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Hi Sheila. We were gifted with an ENORMOUS pressure cooker for Christmas and I still haven't figured out how to use it efficiently for two people. Plus I haven't pressure cooked anything in decades and don't remember how.

I'm looking forward to canning my left over chili. I like to have chili once in awhile without cooking all day, but I can't stand the stuff you buy in the stores anymore.
Agreed! Who can guess what that "meat" is used to make canned chili.

Sherry and me have both taken the day off on Friday to watch the inaugural. Whatever your political affiliation, watching the peaceful transfer of power in our democracy is an amazing thing.

I wished Obama well in 2008 and I wish Trump well now. I hope everyone realizes how fortunate we all are to be American citizens. :thup:

It's going to be a GREAT day...I always take the day off on my birthday!!:banana: My son is a senior with early release and getting straight A's, so I told him that he could also take the day off to watch history...as a future HS history teacher, he took me up on the offer.:thup: We'll be meeting up with family for dinner at a nice seafood place on the Gulf, and hopefully catch a beautiful sunset. Then everyone is invited to join us afterwards when we head to the movies...I want to see Split; it looks like a good and creepy psychological thriller.:shock:

Well, it's official...current temps are in the "witch's tit in a brass bra cup" cold. Nothing all day and last night that didn't feature a minus sign in front of the number. Expected to go down to as low as -20 here tonight. I wish I didn't have to go to work and I hope no airplanes require oil service or maintenance. It's so cold, the tears freeze before they roll down your cheeks, and your eyes will tear because the cold just rips them from you. Your nose hairs freeze when you inhale and if you try to breath through you mouth, your teeth hurt! At least it won't snow, and with some luck, airborne moisture will remain low and we won't get ice fog.
Maybe you should move in with me and mrg, GW! You, partner, goats and all! If I ever get my own place...Y'all would be very welcome. At least you would be warmer. Alaska is beautiful, but the cold? Shudder.[emoji33]

The little dog and the cats, I'm sure you'd be fine with. But goats aren't housebroken and unless you'd sacrifice a little warmth for a compost heap...think twice about the goats. I do feel mondo sorry for them right now though. We have four hot-boxes and heated water buckets, but it's still brutally cold. I assure you, inside the cabin it stays between 65 and 70 degrees warm. Sometimes, it gets warmer, but that's too much for me so I regulate the heaters pretty closely. Nothing more cozy than looking out the window and knowing that it's killer cold in the heartbreakingly beautiful landscape.

It's going to be a GREAT day...I always take the day off on my birthday!!:banana: My son is a senior with early release and getting straight A's, so I told him that he could also take the day off to watch history...as a future HS history teacher, he took me up on the offer.:thup: We'll be meeting up with family for dinner at a nice seafood place on the Gulf, and hopefully catch a beautiful sunset. Then everyone is invited to join us afterwards when we head to the movies...I want to see Split; it looks like a good and creepy psychological thriller.:shock:
Happy Birthday, Sherry!

Geez, I found out hubbie had 3 massive heart attacks on Jan. 8th.
One on the front porch of the house, one in the ambulance taking him to the chopper and one in the chopper before they took off.
It's a miracle he is still alive and especially with only 15% of his heart still working.
I think the paramedics thought I could only handle being told about the two.
They were right :)
The people working at the hospital said he should not be alive right now.
Thanks to everyones prayers plus hubbies postive attitude is why he is still here. :)

The Docs were amazied at how he had no warning signs before he had them.
All of his vitial signs were normal, even his blood sugar was reading normal.
All of his tests at the VA plus his regular MD here in town showed that everything was normal.

My Man has so far survived incredible odds. :biggrin:
May he continue to survive for many more happy years.

The coffee shop is a board onto itself...And much nicer to hang out in.[emoji7]

It is rather nasty and mean in the other parts..
But we always have a safe, and sane, haven here. Normal people discussing normal things...well, unless you disagree with the proper way toilet paper should come off the roll...
I fixed that problem by taking down the dispenser...

Happy Birthday, Sherry!

It will be official in 11 hours...6:30am in a suburb outside Chicago on Jan 20, 1969.:)

Sleep? No Sbiker. It's 7.15 p.m. here :biggrin: ;)

Oh, it's ideal time to prepare dinner... Maybe frying chicken wings with sour-sweet sause? :)
I've already eat. My dinner was "nem cuon". It's some fish wrapped in a rice paper :)

Grilled-Pork-Sausage-Spring-Rolls-and-Dipping-Sauce.jpg
That looks very tasty, would you share your recipe? We have some very good Asian markets in Anchorage where I could probably get authentic ingredients.
It's true gallantwarrior! Nem cuon is very tasty :p
I can share my nem cuon with joy! :bye1:
OK, I'm excited to have the recipe. I might make that on my next night to cook dinner for our "clique".

But we always have a safe, and sane, haven here. Normal people discussing normal things...well, unless you disagree with the proper way toilet paper should come off the roll...
I just prop mine on the empty roll on the holder. I've always done that...For years and years.

Meanwhile, the heathens have not arrived yet..So all is quiet. Feeling a bit better, got the laundry done, mrg is sleeping and I have the motel TV all to myself!

You must use toilet paper according to cat protocol, piled in a loose heap on the floor, freely accessible when needed?

Well, it's official...current temps are in the "witch's tit in a brass bra cup" cold. Nothing all day and last night that didn't feature a minus sign in front of the number. Expected to go down to as low as -20 here tonight. I wish I didn't have to go to work and I hope no airplanes require oil service or maintenance. It's so cold, the tears freeze before they roll down your cheeks, and your eyes will tear because the cold just rips them from you. Your nose hairs freeze when you inhale and if you try to breath through you mouth, your teeth hurt! At least it won't snow, and with some luck, airborne moisture will remain low and we won't get ice fog.

Working in -30C at air - very hard. If you're doing something near your home - it's not a problem, but making something on landing pad, with no place to hide for some minutes... You need triple salary, at least! ;)
Out in about -28C most of last night. Fortunately, there was no wind, but the ice fog was brutal. I just try to make it one day at a time. Living in Alaska is a choice many people would hesitate to make, or choose not to live here at all.

Bonsoir, still very cold in France my cat pomponette Still if She as a lot of fur is not going outside now to cold.

100_0463-jpg.92129

My two remaining house cats are not supposed to go outside. But Peepers, my youngest, did get out and was to alarmed, he would not come back inside. I finally tricked him using food treats. Now, I have to be very alert that he does not get out again. I'll never trap him the same way a second time. And he has fur like Pomponette. Right now, it is so cold her that most animals stay warm any way they can. I feel so sorry for my goats, it's been around -28C here the last few days.

Bonsoir, still very cold in France my cat pomponette Still if She as a lot of fur is not going outside now to cold.

100_0463-jpg.92129

A nitnoid factoid about cat fur colors: Pomenette is a female. How do I know that? The gene that expresses coat color is carried on the X-gene. Since females have XX genes, their color can express both black and red colors. Males, having an XY-gene, will express only the X-gene color, therefore, males are either black or red, but rarely both. If a male cat has both red and black colors, he most likely has an XXY genetic abnormality, and is also sterile.

Forum List

Back