USMB Coffee Shop IV

Foxy, you can take us off the vigil list. This is home until the real home calls us back. My health is ok so far...except today I had big time fatigue and joint pain from the continual cold I guess. I so long for sunshine and warmth. This morning, it snowed again. Didn't stick, but it was just flat out cold. As usual.

I miss my beach, but I love this warm room. Guess I will hibernate in it until summer, lol.

Meanwhile, yesterday, I dragged myself to the doggy park not far from the house. I will try to upload pics.

Thank you all for your prayers. Now send some for SUN!!!! :lol:

You are at a much more northern latitude now so I can imagine the climate isn't much beach like there. It always took us awhile to readjust to a different climate and lifestyle pretty much every time we've moved. I couldn't imagine learning to love the high desert again after living so long with green and rain, but we did. So I'll take you off the list now at your request, but hope things continue to progress as they should.

16649079_1778083242519318_5646423686276965391_n.jpg

Foxy, you can take us off the vigil list. This is home until the real home calls us back. My health is ok so far...except today I had big time fatigue and joint pain from the continual cold I guess. I so long for sunshine and warmth. This morning, it snowed again. Didn't stick, but it was just flat out cold. As usual.

I miss my beach, but I love this warm room. Guess I will hibernate in it until summer, lol.

Meanwhile, yesterday, I dragged myself to the doggy park not far from the house. I will try to upload pics.

Thank you all for your prayers. Now send some for SUN!!!! :lol:

Sorry the prayers took so long to kick in. :(

When it happens though, we deliver!

When the dog owners are happy, the dog is happy. The dog is happy. :)

The laundry monster has been temporarily tamed. Dishwasher is keeping up. Chocolate cake is ready for dinner. Homemade mac & cheese will be around for a couple of meals. We are looking good over here. Even finished up the federal taxes this afternoon.

Whew! An end to a crappy week. Work included a lot of "correction" provided by the shift lead. Since I very rarely offer an "explanation" when I make an error (such things come across as whiney excuses in my book), I'd rather just own up to a mistake and double down on not doing that again. Admitting I screwed up just prompted the lead to get more, and more angry. So the rest of the week, he treated me like a third-grader who had wet my pants. Yep, I messed up. It won't happen again. But in a universe fraught with uncountable opportunities to screw up, I guess I'll find something new and unique, eventually.
At least the weather is improving. It's still hovering around freezing and the snow finally stopped. It's my night to cook and I am looking forward to meatloaf, mashed taters, and an asparagus dish. I'd better get going on the corn muffins, too, if I want them ready for dinner.

Nice today but still cold. Perfect day to make homemade loaded tater soup and boy is it good!

It was like 70 degrees here yesterday and like 20 today! I was freezing all day.
20 degrees is warm compared to some of our weather lately.

It's more about the 50 degree temperature drop in like 12 hours!
That's pretty significant. Any reasons why? Or is it just "that time of year"? It happens pretty often around here, and it's even worse up in the Interior around Fairbanks.

Nice today but still cold. Perfect day to make homemade loaded tater soup and boy is it good!

It was like 70 degrees here yesterday and like 20 today! I was freezing all day.

That's pretty significant. Any reasons why? Or is it just "that time of year"? It happens pretty often around here, and it's even worse up in the Interior around Fairbanks.

It's New England. That's why. Like Mark Twain said . . .

“If you don't like the weather in New England now, just wait a few minutes.”

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
Funny, we say the same thing around here, too!

Mark Twain
Funny, we say the same thing around here, too!

I thought it was always cold there. We have all four seasons but our weather can be very unpredictable, probably because we are close to the ocean. That's what I always figured anyways.

For instance, yesterday it was 70. Today, like 20 (or at least with the wind chill - I think the actual temperature was in the 30s, however). Tomorrow and the rest of the week will be in the 50s (or at least thats what they say now), and then Friday and Saturday, back into the 30s again. It's hard to know what to wear! :dunno:

Windy too.

Awful wind. That is the worst part. I could handle the cold just fine, it's the wind that gets to me. That wind is just freezing! I can't wait for summer to come back!

Whew! An end to a crappy week. Work included a lot of "correction" provided by the shift lead. Since I very rarely offer an "explanation" when I make an error (such things come across as whiney excuses in my book), I'd rather just own up to a mistake and double down on not doing that again. Admitting I screwed up just prompted the lead to get more, and more angry. So the rest of the week, he treated me like a third-grader who had wet my pants. Yep, I messed up. It won't happen again. But in a universe fraught with uncountable opportunities to screw up, I guess I'll find something new and unique, eventually.
At least the weather is improving. It's still hovering around freezing and the snow finally stopped. It's my night to cook and I am looking forward to meatloaf, mashed taters, and an asparagus dish. I'd better get going on the corn muffins, too, if I want them ready for dinner.

Not an easy last week.. I was three days on festival, taking a lot of beer and visiting different event, including cross-festival tournament (which our team has won :)) But after it I needed a day to sleep and no more... And now a new working week is started, I strongly want to have one or two days to rest else, but there are no way to have them right now... Children also start to visit school after a 2-week flu quarantine...

And all media talking about of a 100-years anniversary of February revolution, when the liberals got the authority and pulled down all Russian Empire to dust for a half of year... And continuation of this subject would be in more political threads, I think :)

Windy too.

I had a dream this night about wind and wind-breaked houses... What does it mean? :-\

Awful change! A reason to find hole and sleep there while it would become normal...

Forum List

Back