USMB Coffee Shop IV

Nice today but still cold. Perfect day to make homemade loaded tater soup and boy is it good!

It was like 70 degrees here yesterday and like 20 today! I was freezing all day.
20 degrees is warm compared to some of our weather lately.

It's more about the 50 degree temperature drop in like 12 hours!
That's pretty significant. Any reasons why? Or is it just "that time of year"? It happens pretty often around here, and it's even worse up in the Interior around Fairbanks.
It's been the same here in NW Ohio. Very warm and then today and yesterday, windy and cold. Odd year all around. We didn't get one decent snowfall but oh well. There's still time.

Nice today but still cold. Perfect day to make homemade loaded tater soup and boy is it good!

It was like 70 degrees here yesterday and like 20 today! I was freezing all day.

That's pretty significant. Any reasons why? Or is it just "that time of year"? It happens pretty often around here, and it's even worse up in the Interior around Fairbanks.

Same here too--temps are not that low but the wind is cold. And yes, the temperature can drop 30 degrees in minutes here when a strong front hits. It was even worse in West Texas.

Windy too.

I had a dream this night about wind and wind-breaked houses... What does it mean? :-\

I don't know Sbiker. But if I work on it, I can probably come up with an interpretation. You just have to understand that any interpretation of dreams I come up with aren't going to be too useful. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

No winter lasts forever. No spring skips its turn.
02f3c53eb4953b7f77a29a476257b67f.jpg

Windy too.

I had a dream this night about wind and wind-breaked houses... What does it mean? :-\
Check your house for any repairs that may be needed? Its your sleep conscience buried but rears its head when in deep sleep. Then again, it could mean three little pigs and a wolf fixing to blow your house down....a premonition? ;)

Windy too.

Check your house for any repairs that may be needed? Its your sleep conscience buried but rears its head when in deep sleep. Then again, it could mean three little pigs and a wolf fixing to blow your house down....a premonition? ;)

My apartments now in countinuous repair :) But dream was about another place, a strange mix about multi-store buildings, that shaked and somewhere damaged by wind. I had this dream a several times during life, but don't know, why and what it means in reality :) But there were no negative emotions like fear or someone... and no positive - only wind rustling :)

Windy too.

I don't know Sbiker. But if I work on it, I can probably come up with an interpretation. You just have to understand that any interpretation of dreams I come up with aren't going to be too useful. :)

It would be interesting or ridiculous - and it would be useful. Dreams is a mirror of our soul, but a mirror like water surface - it could show anyone :)

most would spring. want to feel warmth and lovemost would spring. want to feel warmth and love

Welcome to the USMB Coffee Shop lV .. Daviddur ... interesting stuff..

mmm . need a coffee?..:coffee:

Sheesh, even 50 degrees seems warm after this winter... luckily...

495ed2eaaee05f33cf80600bff682b6e.jpg

Windy too.

God Morpheus is telling you something about Aeolus :biggrin:

b48f94cb2bb31a1e210a48e0341c4056.jpg
2fc41a6b51580bb3d642dcad81121cb5.jpg

most would spring. want to feel warmth and lovemost would spring. want to feel warmth and love

Hi Daviddur. I'm happy Lumpy already welcomed you to the Coffee Shop. Hope you are enjoying USMB. First timers to the Coffee Shop get a complimentary beverage:

th

Whew! An end to a crappy week. Work included a lot of "correction" provided by the shift lead. Since I very rarely offer an "explanation" when I make an error (such things come across as whiney excuses in my book), I'd rather just own up to a mistake and double down on not doing that again. Admitting I screwed up just prompted the lead to get more, and more angry. So the rest of the week, he treated me like a third-grader who had wet my pants. Yep, I messed up. It won't happen again. But in a universe fraught with uncountable opportunities to screw up, I guess I'll find something new and unique, eventually.
At least the weather is improving. It's still hovering around freezing and the snow finally stopped. It's my night to cook and I am looking forward to meatloaf, mashed taters, and an asparagus dish. I'd better get going on the corn muffins, too, if I want them ready for dinner.

The best thing we can say for a crappy week is that everybody has one now and then, it always sucks, but they always do eventually end. :)

Windy too.

My apartments now in countinuous repair :) But dream was about another place, a strange mix about multi-store buildings, that shaked and somewhere damaged by wind. I had this dream a several times during life, but don't know, why and what it means in reality :) But there were no negative emotions like fear or someone... and no positive - only wind rustling :)

Gracie is probably right that the repairs going on has something to do with the dream.

I like esthermoon's interpretation too. :)

I have a recurring dream involving tornadoes--usually multiple tornadoes that I see on the horizon. They are not especially scary or disturbing but are more interesting than anything else. There is never any life threatening situation and I don't see any damage happening.

But I finally realized that every time I have had this kind of dream it has been raining or snowing overnight. So I can't explain it but somehow I sense the weather changing and I have to conclude that is the reason for the dream.

Tornadoes are just opportunities to make money with the chain saw.

Hombre was a career general insurance adjuster and worked a lot of wind and hail. And while he didn't wish misfortune on anybody, he acknowledged that violent weather was quite profitable for those in his industry even as he could help people restore what was damaged or lost.

It's New England. That's why. Like Mark Twain said . . .

“If you don't like the weather in New England now, just wait a few minutes.”

Mark Twain
Funny, we say the same thing around here, too!

I thought it was always cold there. We have all four seasons but our weather can be very unpredictable, probably because we are close to the ocean. That's what I always figured anyways.

For instance, yesterday it was 70. Today, like 20 (or at least with the wind chill - I think the actual temperature was in the 30s, however). Tomorrow and the rest of the week will be in the 50s (or at least thats what they say now), and then Friday and Saturday, back into the 30s again. It's hard to know what to wear! :dunno:
I suppose it all depends on your definition of cold. Around here, it rarely gets up to 80 or higher. Hell, the 70's are almost too hot for me. Winter temperatures usually remain above 0, if only just barely, but can drop to -20 easily in Jan-Feb. Now Fairbanks can get into the 90's and down to -40, a much larger swing. For many other CSers, 70 is too cold. And we can get quite the swing here, too. Last week, it was -6, two days later, we were hovering at freezing and seeing snow melting. At this point 29 feels pretty comfortable.

Windy too.

Awful wind. That is the worst part. I could handle the cold just fine, it's the wind that gets to me. That wind is just freezing! I can't wait for summer to come back!
I hate the wind, too. I can deal with cold, or snow, or rain, as long it isn't windy. And yes, summer would be nice.

It's New England. That's why. Like Mark Twain said . . .

“If you don't like the weather in New England now, just wait a few minutes.”

Mark Twain
Funny, we say the same thing around here, too!

I thought it was always cold there. We have all four seasons but our weather can be very unpredictable, probably because we are close to the ocean. That's what I always figured anyways.

For instance, yesterday it was 70. Today, like 20 (or at least with the wind chill - I think the actual temperature was in the 30s, however). Tomorrow and the rest of the week will be in the 50s (or at least thats what they say now), and then Friday and Saturday, back into the 30s again. It's hard to know what to wear! :dunno:
I suppose it all depends on your definition of cold. Around here, it rarely gets up to 80 or higher. Hell, the 70's are almost too hot for me. Winter temperatures usually remain above 0, if only just barely, but can drop to -20 easily in Jan-Feb. Now Fairbanks can get into the 90's and down to -40, a much larger swing. For many other CSers, 70 is too cold. And we can get quite the swing here, too. Last week, it was -6, two days later, we were hovering at freezing and seeing snow melting. At this point 29 feels pretty comfortable.

I would hate it there. Lol. :D

Whew! An end to a crappy week. Work included a lot of "correction" provided by the shift lead. Since I very rarely offer an "explanation" when I make an error (such things come across as whiney excuses in my book), I'd rather just own up to a mistake and double down on not doing that again. Admitting I screwed up just prompted the lead to get more, and more angry. So the rest of the week, he treated me like a third-grader who had wet my pants. Yep, I messed up. It won't happen again. But in a universe fraught with uncountable opportunities to screw up, I guess I'll find something new and unique, eventually.
At least the weather is improving. It's still hovering around freezing and the snow finally stopped. It's my night to cook and I am looking forward to meatloaf, mashed taters, and an asparagus dish. I'd better get going on the corn muffins, too, if I want them ready for dinner.

Not an easy last week.. I was three days on festival, taking a lot of beer and visiting different event, including cross-festival tournament (which our team has won :)) But after it I needed a day to sleep and no more... And now a new working week is started, I strongly want to have one or two days to rest else, but there are no way to have them right now... Children also start to visit school after a 2-week flu quarantine...

And all media talking about of a 100-years anniversary of February revolution, when the liberals got the authority and pulled down all Russian Empire to dust for a half of year... And continuation of this subject would be in more political threads, I think :)
I wouldn't thing it would have to go political. It's of historical interest, too, and many of us enjoy history.
What kind of cross-festival tournament did you compete in? Do you play a particular sport?
Do you have children? How old are they, girls or boys?

Forum List

Back