USMB Coffee Shop IV

Something I posted to FaceBook:

We all have a bunch of friends who love us as long as our cash holds out, and a few who would buy us a pack of smokes when we're broke, but I have friends that will take several hours from their day to load my help-less ass in a van, drive me home and carry me in the house.
I have friends who will drop everything to come and find my lost lighter or make me a cup of coffee.
Hell I have a friend that will stop everything and empty a half liter of pee from my urinal and not lose her place in the conversation.

I am blessed!

Today I got someone in to shampoo my hair. I believe the last of the concrete dust is out.

We all have a bunch of friends who love us as long as our cash holds out, and a few who would buy us a pack of smokes when we're broke, but I have friends that will take several hours from their day to load my help-less ass in a van, drive me home and carry me in the house.
I have friends who will drop everything to come and find my lost lighter or make me a cup of coffee.
Hell I have a friend that will stop everything and empty a half liter of pee from my urinal and not lose her place in the conversation.

I am blessed!

Today I got someone in to shampoo my hair. I believe the last of the concrete dust is out.
How are you feeling, swag?

I am blessed!

Yes, those who have friends who are there for them in the worst of times are truly blessed. But do you have a friend or companion who is there around the clock for now? I worry about you.

After years of self depreciation and apathy, I have finally got back into listening to music. For the past week I have been listening to old tapes. Particularly a couple of tapes of 'talking heads'. I love their style.

After years of self depreciation and apathy, I have finally got back into listening to music. For the past week I have been listening to old tapes. Particularly a couple of tapes of 'talking heads'. I love their style.

Well we think you're pretty special Dajjal so it's high time you thought that way of yourself if you haven't. Finding a new interest that you look forward to does go a long way to brightening one's life.

I have given up the plan to copy my tapes onto my computer because I do not trust my cassette to mp3 converter not to damage my computer. Its a cheap piece of Chinese crap, and the software is reported to have bugs. So instead I am purchasing loads of CDs of my favorite tapes from amazon.

C6lff89U8AAshVe.jpg

I have given up the plan to copy my tapes onto my computer because I do not trust my cassette to mp3 converter not to damage my computer. Its a cheap piece of Chinese crap, and the software is reported to have bugs. So instead I am purchasing loads of CDs of my favorite tapes from amazon.

I use local social network to listen any music I want - usually it present... :)

Foxy I have a circle of life type thing going on every time I hear you mention you weekly game of "42" or I hear the following song that mentions the games of "moon" and "42"... Life is good...

Busy making people happy in the 4f yesterday...

Hope all is going according to some type of cosmic plan built for you.
Did you see the thread on the high winds we had? I just posted a video when you get back over there.
Funny thing is that would be considered a moderate breeze down here....... :D
Really! We get cold, snow, heat, humidity... Never high winds like that.
Relatively normal here, we don't call it windy until it gets over 60mph.........
(Joking but not by much.......)

Foxy I have a circle of life type thing going on every time I hear you mention you weekly game of "42" or I hear the following song that mentions the games of "moon" and "42"... Life is good...

Do you play 42 Ridgerunner? So few people even know what it is outside of Texas.

Busy making people happy in the 4f yesterday...

Hope all is going according to some type of cosmic plan built for you.
Did you see the thread on the high winds we had? I just posted a video when you get back over there.
Funny thing is that would be considered a moderate breeze down here....... :D
Really! We get cold, snow, heat, humidity... Never high winds like that.
Relatively normal here, we don't call it windy until it gets over 60mph.........
(Joking but not by much.......)
It's a workout walking in it.

That's a great song I hadn't heard. Hombre (my hubby), who grew up in Texas--I didn't though I was born there--knew about the Highwaymen where Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson cut their teeth in country music before they became individually famous. But he hadn't heard this song either. We both enjoyed it. Thanks.

Forum List

Back