USMB Coffee Shop IV

It's snowing again here. I think we are supposed to get about 3 or 4 inches today. Just for the heck of it, I put on my down jacket, my hat and my snow boots and I walked to get my coffee this morning. Sometimes, in the early mornings, the snow is really beautiful and peaceful. :) It's not too bad as far as cold goes here yet, but this weekend is supposed to be really cold. :( A low of 9 for Saturday and 14 for Sunday. Brrr!

It's snowing again here. I think we are supposed to get about 3 or 4 inches today. Just for the heck of it, I put on my down jacket, my hat and my snow boots and I walked to get my coffee this morning. Sometimes, in the early mornings, the snow is really beautiful and peaceful. :) It's not too bad as far as cold goes here yet, but this weekend is supposed to be really cold. :( A low of 9 for Saturday and 14 for Sunday. Brrr!

Brrr. Those are January temps for us and rare to be that cold in any month. The apricot and peach trees are starting to bloom here, the mimosas and a few other trees already have green leaves, daffodils and some tulips are up, and a hard freeze is going to be rough here. We're almost certain to get one between now and summer though.

The Doc says only 25-% of Mr. P's heart is working which means no bypass surgery.
He put him on 2 types of drugs to help his heart pump better.
We go back to see him again in 2 weeks.
If it works, then in another month they will put in a pacemaker.

Thank you for letting us be a part of your crisis. I hear a lot of strength from you. Wanting the best for both of you.

Thank you Saveliberity. :)

Mr. P has said that's one of many reasons why he married me.
He said I was the only woman he ever met who had the strength enough, to help him fight his M.S.

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
NosmoKing for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

The bluebonnets are blooming in Texas
12963834_545866978925917_5207025446603184994_n-680x390.jpg
Foxy, I feel better now. Today it's still raining a bit from my nose, but I attribute that to the rapid loss of temperature from the old thermometer. Wellness has been regained, but warmth has been lost.

Fret not for it is only mid March. Joy cometh in the morning and warmth cometh in April.

The good news is he can drive again.
Doc said he could have drove a month ago.
It was very hard for him to not drive.
He went to Benson to meet one of his best buddies for Breakfast.
He is able to walk with his cane rather than the walker.
He also likes how the Kia drives. Yesterday afternoon he drove over to visit with a neighbor.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

What a hell!!! Here a spring is coming, +6-+12 at streets and dry and sunny. Awesome weather, full of spring smells! :)

we are off to Chico today to social services cuz now neither one of us have any medical coverage. It's so stupid. Medi-Cal..which stands for Medi-CALIFORNIA should be the same for each county...but it isn't. And its a 2 month wait to get off one and on to the other, which is different because its a different county. Then why call it Medi-CAL???? Duh.

Anyway...hands have been hurting for some time now, and no pain killers. Lucky me. MrG is not feeling well for the past few days...and no docs. Gotta go to ER. Medi-Cal will pay for ER only. Talk about a waste of money! They would rather us go to ER and they bill them 2 or 3K for an ache or pain, than have us covered for ALL of California. Ok. Its their dime, I guess. Or rather, every other californians dimes we all pay taxes on. But it sure is a waste.

I'm thankful that social services is only 15 miles away, though. Beats having to drive further..or worse...me stay on the coverage in SLO county and having to drive 12 hours round trip just to have my blood pressure taken and get a few pain pills.

I just finished my first mow of the year. I didn't expect to do it; I thought I was going to have to siphon out the gas in the mower because it wouldn't start. The gas was what was left from last year. I have occasionally tried the mower of the past week or so since I put the gas in, to no avail. Today, I went out with the little one to walk the dog and run around the house (our new daily exercise) and pulled the cord on the mower again, not expecting it to work. It turned on, so I decided I had to mow now in case it wouldn't turn on again later. :p

It was a fast mow, really getting weeds which have grown up more than grass. I only lost 45 minutes to an hour of little one time. :)

Make sure your sidewalks and paths to the car are clean before the cold turns it to ice.

I just finished my first mow of the year. I didn't expect to do it; I thought I was going to have to siphon out the gas in the mower because it wouldn't start. The gas was what was left from last year. I have occasionally tried the mower of the past week or so since I put the gas in, to no avail. Today, I went out with the little one to walk the dog and run around the house (our new daily exercise) and pulled the cord on the mower again, not expecting it to work. It turned on, so I decided I had to mow now in case it wouldn't turn on again later. :p

It was a fast mow, really getting weeds which have grown up more than grass. I only lost 45 minutes to an hour of little one time. :)
Ummmmm, ya know you're supposed to drain the gas out of a mower before stowing it for the winter, right?
If left in the gas could gel in the carb bottom "tray" and feed line requiring taking it apart for cleaning.

Just got word the Gallup people want to push the interview back another two weeks until a director is available for the interview. I think it's a New Mexico State job.

In the meantime I made asparagus and pork chops for dinner....... :thup:

On the way to Chico from our mountain top town.....the locals call this the mini grand canyon. It goes on forever and ever and it is WAYYYYY down thar from the side of the road:

ztnpk.jpg

Some years ago I tried to clean about acre of ground from dry grass. About all March I tried to set fire on it with no results - it became a daily ritual for me. But in one windy day I just drop one burning match on field - and it burnt for a minute, with 5 meters of fire height :) Thanks to God, it was isolated plot, without border to garden or any buildings...

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
NosmoKing for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

The spring runoff is becoming apparent in the Rio Grande.
sunset-over-the-rio-grande-albuquerque-nm-december-th-oc--67876.jpg

The Doc says only 25-% of Mr. P's heart is working which means no bypass surgery.
He put him on 2 types of drugs to help his heart pump better.
We go back to see him again in 2 weeks.
If it works, then in another month they will put in a pacemaker.

Thank you for letting us be a part of your crisis. I hear a lot of strength from you. Wanting the best for both of you.

Thank you Saveliberity. :)

Mr. P has said that's one of many reasons why he married me.
He said I was the only woman he ever met who had the strength enough, to help him fight his M.S.

I chose my words carefully in the post.

Forum List

Back