🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

I learned (from a Texan) how to play "42" in the Army while stationed in FROG. Been 40 + years since I played though... The Highwaymen put out some great tunes worth exploring...

Wow! Talk about news traveling slowly... On the night of February 28 we had a bad storm here where I live. I live about 4 miles from Oregon, IL. Just outside of Oregon is a road called Daysville Road. Well, on February 28th during that storm there was a F1 tornado that brought down a couple of houses and a barn along with a bunch of trees. I didn't know it until the guy who reads the electric meter stopped by today and I was talking to him about how crazy the weather has been around here lately. I remember getting a lot of high wind that night but thankful there was no tornado at my house. Good thing the tornado was only on the ground for a few minutes.

:ack-1:
Tried to find a wiccan/magik/hippie shop today here and nope...not a one. Housemate said there used to be one, but the lady was hounded out by the christians that dominate this little village. So....no place to buy essential oils, incense, crystals, tarot cards, books about reincarnation, etc unless I drive to Chico. He also said his friend's niece is debating on opening such a shop but is hesitant due to what happened to the last lady. I said "tell her to do it. I will shop there and I will help her if she wants me to".

I think there are more churches here than the whole of california. Every street has a church from what I have seen.:eek-52:
Which is fine. But dayum! To deliberately run this lady off for selling "devil stuff" is mind boggling.

Wow! Talk about news traveling slowly... On the night of February 28 we had a bad storm here where I live. I live about 4 miles from Oregon, IL. Just outside of Oregon is a road called Daysville Road. Well, on February 28th during that storm there was a F1 tornado that brought down a couple of houses and a barn along with a bunch of trees. I didn't know it until the guy who reads the electric meter stopped by today and I was talking to him about how crazy the weather has been around here lately. I remember getting a lot of high wind that night but thankful there was no tornado at my house. Good thing the tornado was only on the ground for a few minutes.

Speaking as one who lived most of her life in 'tornado alley', an F1 usually won't bring down a well constructed house but it sure can mess things up. Glad it missed you.

I learned (from a Texan) how to play "42" in the Army while stationed in FROG. Been 40 + years since I played though... The Highwaymen put out some great tunes worth exploring...

It had been at least that long since we last played until we ran across a couple (an old classmate of mine and her also Texas bred husband) who had lost their 42 companions and were really anxious to find new ones. It comes back to you really quickly.

Tried to find a wiccan/magik/hippie shop today here and nope...not a one. Housemate said there used to be one, but the lady was hounded out by the christians that dominate this little village. So....no place to buy essential oils, incense, crystals, tarot cards, books about reincarnation, etc unless I drive to Chico. He also said his friend's niece is debating on opening such a shop but is hesitant due to what happened to the last lady. I said "tell her to do it. I will shop there and I will help her if she wants me to".

I think there are more churches here than the whole of california. Every street has a church from what I have seen.:eek-52:
Which is fine. But dayum! To deliberately run this lady off for selling "devil stuff" is mind boggling.

Amazon sells everything. I got a book on reincarnation from them and another one on what happens in the afterlife between lives. Am I going to get banned?

Amazon sells everything. I got a book on reincarnation from them and another one on what happens in the afterlife between lives. Am I going to get banned?
Why would you get banned?

Welcome to The Coffee Shop and USMB.:)

I could order what I want online, yes, but...I love browing small book stores and boutiques and can spend hours in one. Which is why I was looking for one here. Alas, the Christians in this neck of the woods won't have it. Wish I was not retired, old and decrepit. I would open such a store and thumb my nose. Call it BoHo Brens! Pagans very welcome! lol

I could order what I want online, yes, but...I love browing small book stores and boutiques and can spend hours in one. Which is why I was looking for one here. Alas, the Christians in this neck of the woods won't have it. Wish I was not retired, old and decrepit. I would open such a store and thumb my nose. Call it BoHo Brens! Pagans very welcome! lol

Great name, but what's a brens?

shop-feb2014-1.JPG

I'd want a store like this. Although the one I used to own looked similar. I miss it. :(
I think I have pics around here somewhere of my store. Wanna see?

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
This was mine, long ago.

2iqofpw.jpg

6qljsl.jpg

This one is me..day before opening...getting the shop last minute ready for grand opening.
2akn59h.jpg

I think the duck dynasty folks here would have heart attacks if I opened such a place in this town, lol. Lucky for them, I'm too old and tired to take on a store again.

Welcome to the Coffee Shop task0778. I see you're from the Texas Hill Country and you should fit in quite nicely with the folks here. Hope you enjoy USMB and make your Coffee Shop your refuge from the more rough stuff out on the other threads and forums. Be sure to read over the OP to see what we're all about in the Coffee Shop and join right in.

Newcomers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage, and since it is approaching midnight in your part of the world, we'll make yours a night cap:

13834.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
NosmoKing for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

Don't forget that we spring forward tomorrow at 2 a.m. everybody in the USA (except Peach as Arizona doesn't do that) so set your clocks one hour later.

9ba2397e7aecb5c7557b4f460c9dd210.jpg

ugh I just looked it up. It is tonight. It's the one that always messes me up the most. booooo

One problem I am dealing with here.....SKEETERS!!! So, I have been putting essential oil Lavender on my pants, shirt, sleeves of my jacket, etc cuz I read on the net that skeeters don't like lavender. So far, so good. But I have not tried it yet with a lot of skin showing..like when it comes time to wear my capri leggings. Never had a skeeter prob before. This is new. No likey!

Forum List

Back