USMB Coffee Shop IV

My estrogen was not natural. I used to take it for years, but stopped. Forgot the name of it. Made from female horse pee or something.
They "say" you cannot get breast cancer from damage to the breast. I call bullshit. My breast was pummeled, twisted, punched, yanked and was black and blue afterwards. I knew when I saw the purple boob I would probably get breast cancer. And a couple of years later...there it was.
:eusa_eh: You said your breast cancer was due to estrogen, not abuse. :dunno:
They said it was going to spread due to estrogen. I really didn't pay much attention...I just wanted it cut off and be done with it. That was not how I am going to die. Told them so. According to them, it was a cancer that was spread via estrogen. But I don't have estrogen. They also said I needed chemo..just in case. I told them to shove it. They said take tamoxifen..just in case. New studies prove it is not needed for 5 friggin years, nor is chemo for a stage 1 cancer. They say coffee is bad for you. Bacon. Eggs. Sugar. They say a lot of stuff. Its been 4 or 5 years, so I don't remember about the reason, cause they claim, etc. All I know is Brother In Law damaged my breast in a fit of rage and cancer developed. Fluke...in Dr Gracies opinion.
No problem you just had me somewhat perplexed. :dunno:
Read my siggie. I need to check my clothes in the oven. They might be done. :lol:

My estrogen was not natural. I used to take it for years, but stopped. Forgot the name of it. Made from female horse pee or something.
They "say" you cannot get breast cancer from damage to the breast. I call bullshit. My breast was pummeled, twisted, punched, yanked and was black and blue afterwards. I knew when I saw the purple boob I would probably get breast cancer. And a couple of years later...there it was.
:eusa_eh: You said your breast cancer was due to estrogen, not abuse. :dunno:
They said it was going to spread due to estrogen. I really didn't pay much attention...I just wanted it cut off and be done with it. That was not how I am going to die. Told them so. According to them, it was a cancer that was spread via estrogen. But I don't have estrogen. They also said I needed chemo..just in case. I told them to shove it. They said take tamoxifen..just in case. New studies prove it is not needed for 5 friggin years, nor is chemo for a stage 1 cancer. They say coffee is bad for you. Bacon. Eggs. Sugar. They say a lot of stuff. Its been 4 or 5 years, so I don't remember about the reason, cause they claim, etc. All I know is Brother In Law damaged my breast in a fit of rage and cancer developed. Fluke...in Dr Gracies opinion.
You had stage 1 and you chose mastectomy?
Yup. I wanted to make sure it was gone for good. Wish he would have taken the other one while he was sawing away. I could go topless this summer!

My sister has/had (not sure how to say it) breast cancer. She had the tumor removed. Then radiation. Now some pill. She was in the middle of radiation treatments when our mom died back at the end of Jan.
All of her surrounding tissue was healthy, and lymph nodes cancer free. I hope it doesn't come back. Not sure I could stand losing her so close to losing my mom.
I hate she is suffering now. Radiation is rough. She sent me pics of some of what it did to her. :(

Sarah, I do wish you the very best. Hope all is going well.

I'm so sorry. You must have been so scared.
I was a mess, to be honest. Lumpectomy or mastectomy. Chemo or no chemo. Radiation or no radiation. Its all a fog now of a bad memory. Only time I think about it now is when I put my bra on..with the prosthesis in the left cup.

My sister has/had (not sure how to say it) breast cancer. She had the tumor removed. Then radiation. Now some pill. She was in the middle of radiation treatments when our mom died back at the end of Jan.
All of her surrounding tissue was healthy, and lymph nodes cancer free. I hope it doesn't come back. Not sure I could stand losing her so close to losing my mom.
I hate she is suffering now. Radiation is rough. She sent me pics of some of what it did to her. :(

Sarah...you have been diagnosed with BC????

They took one lymph node from me...the one nearest where the cancer was. I was lucky I caught it in time. Actually, Gracie found it. She kept sniffing my boob for weeks. I thought it weird, but figured I dropped food there and she was sniffing that. Then I got an itch and scratched it...and felt the lump. I thought it dead tissue again, but went in to have it checked. Kat was there when it all happened. I posted a bunch about it. Thread is still there, too.

And yes Kat....I still have my precious globe you guys sent me. Most of all I owned went to a thrift shop or at our last yard sale. We only kept what would fit in his truck and my van. My globe went in my van. It is now hanging in my window again. :)

Thanks. I don't have my first mammogram until July but I feel good. Don't want to jinx it but I feel good.

They took one lymph node from me...the one nearest where the cancer was. I was lucky I caught it in time. Actually, Gracie found it. She kept sniffing my boob for weeks. I thought it weird, but figured I dropped food there and she was sniffing that. Then I got an itch and scratched it...and felt the lump. I thought it dead tissue again, but went in to have it checked. Kat was there when it all happened. I posted a bunch about it. Thread is still there, too.

And yes Kat....I still have my precious globe you guys sent me. Most of all I owned went to a thrift shop or at our last yard sale. We only kept what would fit in his truck and my van. My globe went in my van. It is now hanging in my window again. :)

Okay...that made me cry. I know all you went thru with the cancer, and then over the globe. I am so happy you kept it.

Funny you say jinxed. I feel that way whenever someone notices I have one boob cuz I didn't want to wear a bra and asks and I say "I HAD breast cancer" cuz I don't know if I should say it or not...might jinx myself. So I understand your words and how you feel.

You beat it. As did I. We be bad asses. :lol:

Yes. Two lumpectomies and 33 days of radiation. They say they got it all. We'll see.

Thanks. I don't have my first mammogram until July but I feel good. Don't want to jinx it but I feel good.

NO jinxing!!!!

My sister has to have a mammogram every 3 months. She is still recovering from the radiation. It burned her up. I don't even know what the pill is she is taking.

I'll take a pic of it tomorrow...after I clean the window. Housemate is not the cleanest person, lol. He cleaned the room and windows, yes...but not the outside. That is going to be done tomorrow. Its got pine needles stuck on it..and oak leaves...and cobwebs on the outside of it. Tomorrow..it will be shiney and clean and my globe will catch the light nicely. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Yes. Two lumpectomies and 33 days of radiation. They say they got it all. We'll see.

OMG you went thru the radiation too. I truly am sorry.

No question about it. They got it. You'll die an old woman..with lots of cats..happily knitting in bed and fall asleep. :)

Yeah..she has some gahungas in doing radiation. I declined that AND the chemo. Onc thought I was nuts. But I know my body better than anyone..including docs.

NO jinxing!!!!

My sister has to have a mammogram every 3 months. She is still recovering from the radiation. It burned her up. I don't even know what the pill is she is taking.
Yes the radiation takes it all out of you. I was so tired.

NO jinxing!!!!

Yes the radiation takes it all out of you. I was so tired.

That is what she kept saying to me about herself. She was just SO tired. She still is, but is better.

I was wary of the radiation. Mostly the chemo, though. So I said fuck it...neither one. Still here, too! Yay! :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Forum List

Back