USMB Coffee Shop IV

10 common breast cancer myths dispelled - Breast Cancer Care
https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/.../10-common-breast-cancer-myths-dispelled
Oct 6, 2016 - Can being hit in the breast cause cancer? ... This is scar tissue that can form when the body naturally repairs the damaged fatty breasttissue.

Um hm. My cancer was found under dead fatty tissue. Took a biopsy to find it cuz it was hiding underneath it. So why did it collect in that same spot? Docs can't even find a cure for arthritis, much less cancer, so its all guesswork.

Just my opinion.

My breast cancer was induced by estrogen. How I have it, I have no clue because I have no ovaries or uterus. Still, they had me on estrogen BLOCKERS...which I quit taking since it made no sense to me, and the drug caused me to have major suicidal thoughts and I was a basket case. Tamoxifen, it was called. Supposed to take it for 5 friggin years after the surgery. I took it a month or two, then tossed them.
I stopped taking birth control pills many years ago because they contain estrogen and estrogen causes cancer. I take anti estrogen now. I asked my doc about this specifically.

I also have to take it for 5 years. No suicidal thoughts with these.

It is beautiful here. It truly is. But...I wanna go home. *sniff*
Think about how happy Karma is in all those open spaces. I don't think you'd be as
I cannot imagine living in a warmer clime. I love it here. I am very happy that you and Mr. G found a place in a warmer clime, though. t get me wrong, you will always be welcome here, but it is cold. Doesn't bother dogs that much, but folks feel the change.
I'm tired of never having time for anything but work and chores. My social life includes my socially retarded partner and my geezers. Once I move from where I am, I lose the geezers and have only the partner and my work colleagues. Hopefully, after I retire, I can become more involved in my local community and take up so many of the hobbies and crafts that have fallen by the wayside because I have so little time. Working two jobs and the small farm take up so much of my life...
I apologize for being whiney. My partner plans on staying another night here, and his being here is a big cramp on my lifestyle.
Then continue to love where you are, but now make time to ENJOY that love, hon. If you can afford it....retire. Or at least, from the one job that takes up that time, so you CAN do all the things you said you want to do.

Now that I am done preaching..instead of hanging in the house where its warm..I think I am going to brave the cold and hit a few thrift shops with karma. Salvation Army folks know her already and eagerly await her visits, lol.
Here, I plan to be more social. Make friends. GET OUT and about. No hermity lifestyle here!

BBL!
Do you have enough warm clothes for their winter? You need sweaters, coat, gloves, hat even and a scarf. Maybe you'll feel better when you go out.
I do now, thanks to thrift shops. I wear TWO coats, TWO pairs of leggings over a pair of thermals, socks INSIDE my uggs, bought a pair of rain/snow boots for 4 bucks, more blankets for the bed, 4 scarves, 3 sets of gloves I wear over each other and tomorrow I am off to buy a beanie hat! We were very unprepared.:eek-52:

My gosh! How cold is it there?
Cold is relative, some people can wear shorts and a t-shit in 20 degree weather, someone else will be wrapped up like an Eskimo when it drops to 60 degrees.

Really? OMG. How would I know these things if not for you telling me. :D

Really though, I wanted to know what the temperature was where Gracie is, just out of curiosity.

It is beautiful here. It truly is. But...I wanna go home. *sniff*
Think about how happy Karma is in all those open spaces. I don't think you'd be as
Then continue to love where you are, but now make time to ENJOY that love, hon. If you can afford it....retire. Or at least, from the one job that takes up that time, so you CAN do all the things you said you want to do.

Now that I am done preaching..instead of hanging in the house where its warm..I think I am going to brave the cold and hit a few thrift shops with karma. Salvation Army folks know her already and eagerly await her visits, lol.
Here, I plan to be more social. Make friends. GET OUT and about. No hermity lifestyle here!

BBL!
Do you have enough warm clothes for their winter? You need sweaters, coat, gloves, hat even and a scarf. Maybe you'll feel better when you go out.
I do now, thanks to thrift shops. I wear TWO coats, TWO pairs of leggings over a pair of thermals, socks INSIDE my uggs, bought a pair of rain/snow boots for 4 bucks, more blankets for the bed, 4 scarves, 3 sets of gloves I wear over each other and tomorrow I am off to buy a beanie hat! We were very unprepared.:eek-52:

Cold is relative, some people can wear shorts and a t-shit in 20 degree weather, someone else will be wrapped up like an Eskimo when it drops to 60 degrees.

Really though, I wanted to know what the temperature was where Gracie is, just out of curiosity.
Today it was 68!!!! Tomorrow, its supposed to be 70!!! Then next week, it will drop back down to 35 or 40...and prolly more snow. They say this area gets snow up to April.

Today it was 68!!!!

So no mittens today! It was probably in the low 50s here today, and I thought it was pretty warm.

You are still in California?

Today it was 68!!!!

So no mittens today! It was probably in the low 50s here today, and I thought it was pretty warm.

You are still in California?
Yep. Northern Cali!
Google Paradise Calif. That's where I be. :)

Today it was 68!!!! Tomorrow, its supposed to be 70!!! Then next week, it will drop back down to 35 or 40...and prolly more snow. They say this area gets snow up to April.
And you had a coat on? :)

10 more degrees and I'd have the air on.

Really? Do you know much on average? I never knew it snowed in California!

And you had a coat on? :)

10 more degrees and I'd have the air on.
Nope. No coat today! YAY!!! I was sweating like crazy cuz I was outside in the glorious sunshine, gardening!

Oh, it snows all right. Used to live in Tehachapi...lots of snow there. And Yosemite. And on I-80...on the way to Tahoe and Reno. Further north, even more snow. The sierras have snow pack like crazy this year. Gonna be lots of water!

Oh, it snows all right. Used to live in Tehachapi...lots of snow there. And Yosemite. And on I-80...on the way to Tahoe and Reno. Further north, even more snow. The sierras have snow pack like crazy this year. Gonna be lots of water!

So does it only snow at higher elevations or in the mountains?

Mountains are higher level. I've always lived in the valley...or the coast. Tehachapi is above Bakersfield, so it gets lots of snow. Bishop get lots of it too. Northern cali is colder than southern....and we are up in the hills above the valley where Sacramento is...2600 feet, I believe. Snow levels drop down to 1500 feet on big storms..like the ones that have slammed us lately.
And yep....lots of mountains here..and trees? Good golly miss molly...its hard to find stores cuz they are all behind trees. BIG ones! :lol:

Mountains are higher level. I've always lived in the valley...or the coast. Tehachapi is above Bakersfield, so it gets lots of snow. Bishop get lots of it too. Northern cali is colder than southern....and we are up in the hills above the valley where Sacramento is...2600 feet, I believe. Snow levels drop down to 1500 feet on big storms..like the ones that have slammed us lately.
And yep....lots of mountains here..and trees? Good golly miss molly...its hard to find stores cuz they are all behind trees. BIG ones! :lol:

Sounds lovely. Are you near where the redwoods are? I love those trees. They are so cool.

Sounds lovely. Are you near where the redwoods are? I love those trees. They are so cool.
These are ponderosa pines. HUGE. Towering wayyyyyyy up there. The redwoods you are thinking about are at Big Sur and Yosemite, I think. Might be some around here, but I haven't seen any.

My estrogen was not natural. I used to take it for years, but stopped. Forgot the name of it. Made from female horse pee or something.
They "say" you cannot get breast cancer from damage to the breast. I call bullshit. My breast was pummeled, twisted, punched, yanked and was black and blue afterwards. I knew when I saw the purple boob I would probably get breast cancer. And a couple of years later...there it was.
:eusa_eh: You said your breast cancer was due to estrogen, not abuse. :dunno:
They said it was going to spread due to estrogen. I really didn't pay much attention...I just wanted it cut off and be done with it. That was not how I am going to die. Told them so. According to them, it was a cancer that was spread via estrogen. But I don't have estrogen. They also said I needed chemo..just in case. I told them to shove it. They said take tamoxifen..just in case. New studies prove it is not needed for 5 friggin years, nor is chemo for a stage 1 cancer. They say coffee is bad for you. Bacon. Eggs. Sugar. They say a lot of stuff. Its been 4 or 5 years, so I don't remember about the reason, cause they claim, etc. All I know is Brother In Law damaged my breast in a fit of rage and cancer developed. Fluke...in Dr Gracies opinion.
No problem you just had me somewhat perplexed. :dunno:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
NosmoKing for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

The Anza-Borrego Desert in southern California is experiencing a superbloom of wildflowers after a wet winter.
imrs.php

My estrogen was not natural. I used to take it for years, but stopped. Forgot the name of it. Made from female horse pee or something.
They "say" you cannot get breast cancer from damage to the breast. I call bullshit. My breast was pummeled, twisted, punched, yanked and was black and blue afterwards. I knew when I saw the purple boob I would probably get breast cancer. And a couple of years later...there it was.
:eusa_eh: You said your breast cancer was due to estrogen, not abuse. :dunno:
They said it was going to spread due to estrogen. I really didn't pay much attention...I just wanted it cut off and be done with it. That was not how I am going to die. Told them so. According to them, it was a cancer that was spread via estrogen. But I don't have estrogen. They also said I needed chemo..just in case. I told them to shove it. They said take tamoxifen..just in case. New studies prove it is not needed for 5 friggin years, nor is chemo for a stage 1 cancer. They say coffee is bad for you. Bacon. Eggs. Sugar. They say a lot of stuff. Its been 4 or 5 years, so I don't remember about the reason, cause they claim, etc. All I know is Brother In Law damaged my breast in a fit of rage and cancer developed. Fluke...in Dr Gracies opinion.
You had stage 1 and you chose mastectomy?

Forum List

Back