USMB Coffee Shop IV

It IS home now. For how long remains to be seen. So far, our housemate is a brother from another mother. Couldn't be happier. And he LOVES Karma!

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Kat, please tell your sis I said best of luck in this really tough stretch in her journey.

I will. Thank you. You 2 have been going through it almost at the exact same time. She would like to know about it I am sure. I think yours was found right before hers. :(

Going on 4 AM here. I am beat. TTY guys tomorrow.

I am off to bed too. Karma made my bed nice and warm because she is laying where I am fixing to. Such a nice doggy to do that for me, lol.

Night, ladies. :huddle:

We are survivors. Bones, too! No wonder we are so ornery. Tough ladies. :)

Yes, and oddly enough Bones is going through the Alz thing with her mother. Bones helped me a lot while I was going through it. She let me whine and cry.

Karma looks happy. I started the thought in another post that she likes the open spaces there. In HUD housing, shell be stuck in an apt.

Help him clean up a little and stay for awhile. Relax.

My sister has/had (not sure how to say it) breast cancer. She had the tumor removed. Then radiation. Now some pill. She was in the middle of radiation treatments when our mom died back at the end of Jan.
All of her surrounding tissue was healthy, and lymph nodes cancer free. I hope it doesn't come back. Not sure I could stand losing her so close to losing my mom.
I hate she is suffering now. Radiation is rough. She sent me pics of some of what it did to her. :(

Sarah, I do wish you the very best. Hope all is going well.

Which of course is why your sister is on the list. And while it looks like a good prognosis for her, I do understand how it is as hard on us watching a loved one go through it almost as much as the one having to go through it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
C6fEuETWMAAgQn-.jpg

Foxy, here is another spring avatar for you.

I'm a sucker for This Old House. Been a fan since it debuted in 1979. I just subscribed to This Old house Insider where I can watch every single show ever produced.

The first year, they bought a house in Dorchester, Massachusetts a suburb of Boston. Overlooking the bay with the Boston skyline in the background, the original project sat on a corner with a city park out front and a church beside. The place was a dump, needing roof, windows, kitchen and boiler.

The producers paid $16,000 bucks for the four bedroom place and planned to sink another $20,000 in improvements. Bob Villa and Norm Abrams did their level best, but blew their budget for improvements at the pace of an additional $15,000.

So they expertly remodeled the place and there it sits. $31,000.

Are you kidding me?!?!

$31,000 wouldn't cover the real estate taxes on that place today.

The Doc says only 25-% of Mr. P's heart is working which means no bypass surgery.
He put him on 2 types of drugs to help his heart pump better.
We go back to see him again in 2 weeks.
If it works, then in another month they will put in a pacemaker.

Thank you for letting us be a part of your crisis. I hear a lot of strength from you. Wanting the best for both of you.

The Doc says only 25-% of Mr. P's heart is working which means no bypass surgery.

Darn, I was hoping for a better report, but as long as he is enjoying himself and you two still have each other, we'll just keep praying for that to continue.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
NosmoKing for wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

The bluebonnets are blooming in Texas
12963834_545866978925917_5207025446603184994_n-680x390.jpg

You guys are still in my prayers, peach. Gosh, this has to be so hard, a real rough patch. Keep your chin up, honey, for him.

Forum List

Back